[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Milan are a little different

The smaller the dog the louder it barks @INTER/Roma/Napoli
Always preferred Milan to the other clubs because they are the only other genuinely big club in Italy in the old school sense of the word. There's mutual respect between the teams and I hope for the good of football, they return to challenge us.

As I expected, Juventus proved to be a hard nut. Well played. Great team. Tevez and Pogba :tup: :tup: :tup: I really hope you keep them.
Good luck in next seasons to come and I'm looking forward to see even stronger Juve. All the best!
Thanks for the props. I'm happy to see that the Spanish press credited Juve's performance alongside Barca's victory. It was heartening to see. Barca were worthy champions - the only thing that perhaps takes the sheen off their victory is the fact that this Barca team has less identity than their previous title winners, largely because of MSN as a trio drowning everything else out. But that attack is a force of nature. Thank you for coming here and not gloating. Appreciate it.

My point is that I didn't feel like the ref favored them. UEFA needs to come up with after game sanctions for dives but so far they're perfectly ok with letting that be a part of the game. It's hard to tell dives in real life and not slow mo.
Yea I tend to agree with that. The ref had a decent game in my view seeing his history and background. Vidal could easily have been sent off in the first half alone. I agree that he had a role to play in negating our best period, but in the grand scheme of things, the stronger team won and we should admit that. We matched them enough to earn their respect and with the way we started this season, a lot of people would've taken a runners up medal in the CL if it was offered to them at that point. It's something to build on.

Arguing ref calls after getting fairly beaten by an unarguably stronger club. :sergio:
Arguably stronger club no doubt. I don't get it. I think it's more the frustration of our law of averages not working in our favour. I don't fucking get it myself. How can a team have such luck in the finals of this tournament. What is the deal with that? This shit should change in a big way and soon. We need to shed the tag Asap.

Luck played a much bigger role to our lose than the referee.
Agree. But no point dwelling on this. We lost to a better team and no matter how many times we relive those horrible moments we its not going to make it right. The upside from last nite from the clubs perspective is, that the CL is no longer a 'dream' we can realistically go deep in this tournament if we spend our resources well. The team has tasted blood, the experience of this run has helped a great deal, and I have a feeling, the hunger has increased, his time with even more belief. I can see the team return to the finals sooner than most of us perhaps think would be possible. Maybe not a treble run, but still.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Some would argue, myself included, that when we gained confidence in the second half after the equalizer is what got us into real trouble -- stretching our defense out when seeking a go-ahead that ultimately made Buffon face multiple 5-on-3 and 5-on-2 runs that ultimately gave Barca the match winner. So I would say the reverse could be true: we didn't give Barca enough respect in the second half.
Some would argue, myself included, that when we gained confidence in the second half after the equalizer is what got us into real trouble -- stretching our defense out when seeking a go-ahead that ultimately made Buffon face multiple 5-on-3 and 5-on-2 runs that ultimately gave Barca the match winner. So I would say the reverse could be true: we didn't give Barca enough respect in the second half.
Wrong. It's as good as impossible keeping Barcelona from scoring, so you have to score. We had a lot of shots just outside their box and any other day, a couple of them could've went in.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Barca ain't invincible, they boast how they beat champions from 5 nations but I'm not convinced by them . That Munich team who beat us in quarters under conte and went onto win the damn thing we're better.

At the end of the day counters screwed us, some dodgy decisions and simply the fact that yes they had that extra edge about them. Part of me thinks we should have shut up shop after equalizer and countered them but hey it made it exciting and got us and Italian football respect from the neutral.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
We can scapegoat Pirlo playing, we can scapegoat the ref all we want. It doesn't change the outcome. It doesn't change what was probably the correct outcome in the better team winning. It just makes us look whiny and pathetic like a bunch of fans on the Inter forums who cannot graciously accept a defeat without coming up with a litany of excuses of things to blame but ourselves.
The result was neither entirely on Pirlo nor on the ref but Pirlo should have been subbed (or never played) and the ref's mistake did change the game (this is called being objective). It's not the end of the world, being whiny for a few days is also totally fine and healthy, the big revelation (to me) was that we can compete with the best in the world and this makes me be hopeful about the future but none of these changes the fact that one single mistake in a game of such caliber can change the whole thing especially when the team favored is superior in technique, experience, and money.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wrong. It's as good as impossible keeping Barcelona from scoring, so you have to score. We had a lot of shots just outside their box and any other day, a couple of them could've went in.
So at 1-1, when the most crucial next 10 minutes are defending after you score a goal, we shouldn't have continued with a more balanced strategy as before and instead pushed forward for the go-ahead with a half hour of match time still on the clock?

I'm not saying a more conservative approach would have turned the match in our favor. But sending our wingbacks up and getting caught out in multiple waves with Barca countering on us with numerical advantages wasn't exactly our brightest moment of the match.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The result was neither entirely on Pirlo nor on the ref but Pirlo should have been subbed (or never played) and the ref's mistake did change the game (this is called being objective). It's not the end of the world, being whiny for a few days is also totally fine and healthy, the big revelation (to me) was that we can compete with the best in the world and this makes me be hopeful about the future but none of these changes the fact that one single mistake in a game of such caliber can change the whole thing especially when the team favored is superior in technique, experience, and money.
I think you're right in that the issue is people deal with grief and loss in different ways. So I'll accept that some do need to point fingers and look for blame elsewhere for a while after the match...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So at 1-1, when the most crucial next 10 minutes are defending after you score a goal, we shouldn't have continued with a more balanced strategy as before and instead pushed forward for the go-ahead with a half hour of match time still on the clock?

I'm not saying a more conservative approach would have turned the match in our favor. But sending our wingbacks up and getting caught out in multiple waves with Barca countering on us with numerical advantages wasn't exactly our brightest moment of the match.
I think it was the right move. We were clearly the better team in that period. Barcelona reminded me of a typical Serie A game, from our side, where we get too complacent and concede a goal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think you're right in that the issue is people deal with grief and loss in different ways. So I'll accept that some do need to point fingers and look for blame elsewhere for a while after the match...
No one has once said Barca didn't deserve to win as the game played out. But the entire complexion of the game was changed by two massive errors by the referee in the space of less than a minute. The point is that who the fuck knows how the game would have turned out if he hadn't made those two errors. Barca was likely to win all the same, and were deserving winners regardless, but the referee made it a forgone conclusion that they were to win. He made a massive error. Two of them in fact. 1 of them could have been a goal for us. The other ended up starting the counterattack for their winning goal. So yeah. Barca is a deserving winner, but that doesn't completely nullify a massive error by the ref.

And discussing this 24 hours after the match has ended really isn't the end of the world. It's not being a sore loser. It's being pissed off that the ref made this massive error and not getting to see how the game would have played out in the end had it not happened.

I wasn't at all pissed off to be losing after the first half. I made no comments at all to that effect. We deserved to be down. If Barca had continued dominating us like in the first half, I would have been happy to say they crushed us and won. But that didn't happen, we took the initiative, and right in the midst of that the ref played a big part in the outcome with his mistakes. It is what it is. But there's certainly no harm in talking about it, or bringing it up. Just like there was no harm in talking about how we were screwed against Madrid 17 years ago by an offside goal. We probably didn't deserve to win that game either, because we played absolutely terribly, but it doesn't change the fact Madrid won on a clearly offside goal.

You people act like it's terrible and biased to bring such things up and be pissed off about them. It really isn't. I'm not clamouring for the ref to be suspended or hurt, or for Barca players to be injured or anything of that sort, or for UEFA to be disbanded. I'm saying it was a major mistake and it absolutely sucks that the ref didn't award a penalty on a clear foul in the box. It does.

ANyways. As I've said. What's done is done. I'm proud of the team and excited for next year.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Wall of text.Now you are comparing Adriano with Pogba .Attacker with midfield player ?????? .As I posted already .I don't wanna argue.You say that Messi and Neymar don't dribble????? What they do ?Defend?If anybody in the world of football dribble they are Messi and Neymar.I will repeat Pogba is a better player than that midget Verrati at least twice in every aspect of the game:technique,passes,goals and most important defense .You can't be serious with this comparing and this examples.But anyway I have mine opinion you keep yours.I don't have any problem with that.I am not impressed with Pogba.Whole world is.There are some good videos in Pogba thread.Maybe you can find time to check them.
i got the feeling i do something for humanity if i teach you a few things about comparisons and football.
first off, i did compare the relation between del piero to adriano to the relation between pogba and veratti. perhaps where you come from they do not teach such things in school but there are even intelligence tests that ask "apple to pears is what cars are to .....".

thank you for pointing out that there are a few nice videos about pogba, but i think i know enough about pogba by watching our matches, but you seem to lack knowledge about veratti. here you can see veratti playing against barca and you can see how they do not even stand the chance to get the ball from him and veratti even tackled barcas faggots (including messi) successful several times. over the games against barca he made a mockery out of their pressing attempts. he was always able to receive the ball and retain possesion.

i know that this game had less on stake, but i feel that with veratti instead of pirlo we would have easily coped with barcas pressing and might even had won against them.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
Ref was a disgrace,seeing that gif of Alba tacklin Pogba makes my blood boil.One could make a case that the penalty would have been kinda soft but how can you NOT call this?Especially when there wasnt a single occcasion of a Barcelona player falling on the ground without a whistle.

[

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I was angry by the inconsistancy of the ref

Giving litterally every foul by barcelona, even if it was ball and then man
Yet decided to change that when Pogba got tackled
Didnt bother giving a penalty for fouls he had been giving all night
Didnt bother giving it when they tripped pogba for the counter

Barcelona were the best team. So were we in 38 serie a games. but we lost 3 and drew 8 or so. Because sometimes the best team isnt finishing its chances, and gets caught when the opponent does for that timeframe in wich they even it out.

We did more, we were domminating for 20 minutes, then the ref changed the entire game

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Feeling very sad again. It's gonna swing back and forth like that for awhile, I suppose.

But overall I've coped well today. And it's been great being here to read and share thoughts and feelings with all you guys.

The last time I experienced such heartbreak, I wasn't a member here. That was the worst night of my life as a Juve fan, but after today I realize it would've made everything a whole lot easier back then if I could spend the aftermath here.

It's been a huge help today, being here.

Love you all! Forza Juve!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Am I the only one who feels that the penal on Pogba is a 50/50 call? Whatever he did the team left unfavored by his call would have legitimate reasons for being upset.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Think I broke a bone in my hand celebrating Morata's goal.

Very hungover and emotionally drained

Painful day this has been

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I only console myself remembering how San Antonio Spurs used that agonizing defeat in 2013 NBA finals to blow out Miami one season later.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think it was the right move. We were clearly the better team in that period. Barcelona reminded me of a typical Serie A game, from our side, where we get too complacent and concede a goal.

I can see the point of striking while the fear is in their hearts. It's a gamble. But we lost that gamble, clearly.

No one has once said Barca didn't deserve to win as the game played out. But the entire complexion of the game was changed by two massive errors by the referee in the space of less than a minute. The point is that who the fuck knows how the game would have turned out if he hadn't made those two errors. Barca was likely to win all the same, and were deserving winners regardless, but the referee made it a forgone conclusion that they were to win. He made a massive error. Two of them in fact. 1 of them could have been a goal for us. The other ended up starting the counterattack for their winning goal. So yeah. Barca is a deserving winner, but that doesn't completely nullify a massive error by the ref.

And discussing this 24 hours after the match has ended really isn't the end of the world. It's not being a sore loser. It's being pissed off that the ref made this massive error and not getting to see how the game would have played out in the end had it not happened.

I wasn't at all pissed off to be losing after the first half. I made no comments at all to that effect. We deserved to be down. If Barca had continued dominating us like in the first half, I would have been happy to say they crushed us and won. But that didn't happen, we took the initiative, and right in the midst of that the ref played a big part in the outcome with his mistakes. It is what it is. But there's certainly no harm in talking about it, or bringing it up. Just like there was no harm in talking about how we were screwed against Madrid 17 years ago by an offside goal. We probably didn't deserve to win that game either, because we played absolutely terribly, but it doesn't change the fact Madrid won on a clearly offside goal.

You people act like it's terrible and biased to bring such things up and be pissed off about them. It really isn't. I'm not clamouring for the ref to be suspended or hurt, or for Barca players to be injured or anything of that sort, or for UEFA to be disbanded. I'm saying it was a major mistake and it absolutely sucks that the ref didn't award a penalty on a clear foul in the box. It does.

ANyways. As I've said. What's done is done. I'm proud of the team and excited for next year.
You have to understand that when I read posts that blame referee transgressions for failures like this, the hairs go up on the back of my neck. Because they raise the ghosts of every romanista earlier this season that provoked a laughably pathetic CdS headline of "Campionato falsato!"

I am probably weird that way in I don't subscribe to the belief that "if only the referee called/didn't call a penalty at minute X in the match" the result would follow an entirely different predetermined and inevitable outcome and destiny. Great teams find ways to overcome bad calls, bad luck, bad bounces. The weak ones put all the responsibility on those moments and wash their hands of any potential outcome possible afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)