[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
This is the dillema, who is actually available? I was all for Zidane till he took the madrid job again. I can't say I'm all that keen on Deschamps either. The sort of profile we should be looking for however is someone with a fresh approach, none of this mid 90s pragmatic approach, so really we need to look to bring a foreign manager in, someone of a klopp type profile
Agree on evetything..! Especially for Klopp

- - - Updated - - -

I credit most of our success in CL (2017) to D.Alves - He made a great impact and was key for our game! Too bad he was such a disgusting bastard..
We actually had a much better team back then than this year

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
We brought Ronaldo , Cancelo, Bonucci, Emre, Spinazzola and Kean.
Before the summer we knew that the squad first of all desperately needed a world-class creative midfielder and a world-class defender. They also needed a great fullback, because De Sciglio isn't good enough offensively, and Stephan went to Arsenal.

The management successfully completed the third task - they bought Cancelo, one of the best in the world on his position. But then, during Cancelo talks, Mendes brought in that insane CR7 idea. That was once in a lifetime opportunity, and, of course, the management grabbed it. But it meant that there will be no world-class midfielder, and by far the most important task for the summer won't be completed. That was the moment that defined this season.

Even more: the club couldn't afford to keep Higuain if they bought CR7. That meant that they had to sell Gonzalo, and to do it quickly. But nobody wanted him. So Milan took full advantage of this situation. As a result, they returned Bonucci and took Caldara (and, as a delayed consequence, the club lost Benatia). The return of Bonucci meant no Godin. That was the second crucial moment, because everybody knew that Giorgio won't be able to stay healthy the entire season, and there will be situations when Bonucci is the best defender on the field (wow, it's so preposterous that it's difficult even to phrase it like that).

So, the club had two big problems:
- the midfield;
- the defense.

Who they bought to solve these problems?

The midfield: Can. No comments.

The defense: Bonucci, Cancelo, Spinazolla. None of them is good at defending.

It was a catastrophic transfer window. The only reason it might not feel so is CR7. His transfer saga was one of the most exciting experiences Juventus fans have ever had. But it eventually led to yesterday's result.

Last edited:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I'm really wondering how people didn't see this coming.

I didn't post anything because i don't want to sound a whiny negative bitch but it was crystal clear when the transfer period ended.

After the enthusiasm for Ronaldo ceased, it was obvious that this roster has many flaws.

If it was not Ajax, it would he City.

You just cannot win the CL with a non existant midfield and a shaky defence.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Before the summer we knew that the squad first of all desperately needed a world-class creative midfielder and a world-class defender. They also needed a great fullback, because De Sciglio isn't good enough offensively, and Stephan went to Arsenal.

The management successfully completed the third task - they bought Cancelo, one of the best in the world on his position. But then, during Cancelo talks, Mendes brought in that insane CR7 idea. That was once in a lifetime opportunity, and, of course, the management grabbed it. But it meant that there will be no world-class midfielder, and by far the most important task for the summer won't be completed. That was the moment that defined this season.

Even more: the club couldn't afford to keep Higuain if they bought CR7. That meant that they had to sell Gonzalo, and to do it quickly. But nobody wanted him. So Milan took full advantage of this situation. As a result, they returned Bonucci and took Caldara (and, as a delayed consequence, the club lost Benatia). The return of Bonucci meant no Godin. That was the second crucial moment, because everybody knew that Giorgio won't be able to stay healthy the entire season, and there will be situations when Bonucci is the best defender on the field (wow, it's so preposterous that it's difficult even to phrase it like that).

So, the club had two big problems:
- the midfield;
- the defense.

Who they bought to solve these problems?

The midfield: Can. No comments.

The defense: Bonucci, Cancelo, Spinazolla. None of them is good at defending.

It was a catastrophic transfer window. The only reason it might not feel so is CR7. His transfer saga was one of the most exciting experiences Juventus fans have ever had. But it eventually led to yesterday's result.
now we'd need to revamp defence and midfield.
We'd need defenders like De Ligt.
19years old a defender for the next 10years....
we gotta bench Bonucci or better SELL HIM.
But I'm afraid we'll for the cheapest option and more exp one! Manolas.
We'll swap Rugani (if we find a buyer) for an over priced Romero...

Personally I'd keep only Chiellini and sell/wave goodbye to the rest.
I mean Caceres end of loan , Barzagli retiring , selling Rugani and selling Bonucci.
We already got Romero. We need another 2. One being a top defender. Like De Ligt
And another sub but reliable one accepting to not be a starter

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just enjoy life the game is over
He cant enjoy life now - His all life is football and now he shuts himself in a room filled with Tequila and pills..
Dont worry we all go forward in life.. We are just pissed on that part of our life that is connected to football.. We still appreciate our family we still enjoy people of our surrounding and go places when we want to do stuff or just enjoy life

Lets make a poll - Carry on with life or we should all meet for mass suicide..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Just enjoy life the game is over
Juve is life, even though it's a painful life. I'm still bitter and hurt and you can't expect people to calm down for what was an embarrassing showing from our team. I'm also CL obsessed so wouldn't give two fucks if we lost against nipples but going out the way we did, surely you can't expect people to calm down that soon. It will take weeks, we've been there before and it's just a process. But we're talking about the day after which is always the worst.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juve is life, even though it's a painful life. I'm still bitter and hurt and you can't expect people to calm down for what was an embarrassing showing from our team. I'm also CL obsessed so wouldn't give two fucks if we lost against nipples but going out the way we did, surely you can't expect people to calm down that soon. It will take weeks, we've been there before and it's just a process. But we're talking about the day after which is always the worst.

Trying to figure out if overall since 2000 Juve has given me more happiness or sadness.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Trying to figure out if overall since 2000 Juve has given me more happiness or sadness.
To be honest more sadness and as Fresh put it were all just masochist. I'm definitely one and i can't let go. Farsopoli was the worst but oh boy do CL losses hurt, especially the manner of defeats but then that's the price you pay for CL obsession.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
now we'd need to revamp defence and midfield.
And even attack too, unfortunately.

CR7 and Kean are great.

But:
- Dybala... I like this guy, but I cannot keep believing in his progress waiting for him just around the corner anymore. He's probably reached his glass ceiling and won't show anything better in this club.
- Mandzukic. Mario is a real warrior, but his age works against him. I'm afraid, he's about to move the phase of a quick physical decline, similar to Barzagli's. We've already seen the signs of it during this season.
- Bernardeschi. Not good enough so far. He deserves another season in this club, but you cannot rely on this guy.
- Costa. Way too inconsistent.
- Cuadrado. Lacking class and consistency too.

And this is the best line of this squad we're talking about. I cannot see anything but the gradual decline for the club in the coming years unless they do a complete overhaul this summer.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
To be honest more sadness and as Fresh put it were all just masochist. I'm definitely one and i can't let go. Farsopoli was the worst but oh boy do CL losses hurt, especially the manner of defeats but then that's the price you pay for CL obsession.

What is sad is that people are not allowed to express their frustration here after such defeat. Of course im going to go to Bonucci thread and criticize him. His first to criticize others. It makes sense to cool your frustration here otherwise Juve will turn me into mental wife beater.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004

The only good thing about farsopoly was the sense of unity between the ppl who continued supporting this team.

""Fake fans"" and glory hunters just left

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)