[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I know you guys are into optimism and everything, but I've seen this happen over and over again since 1997. You could literally build a team from scratch, enroll in Serie D with amateur players, and slowly advance all the way to Serie A and then win the CL in less time than it's taken Juve to not win the CL again.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Two not that serious injuries ruined this team.

1. Chiellini picked up his usual springtime injury (nobody could've predict it, right?). He was fundamental in the 3:0 win against Atletico, as he was the main figure in both defense and the back line of the midfield of that hybrid 3-5-2 formation Max invented. Without him this formation became unavailable to Allegri.

2. CR7 decided to return to his national team, got injured too, and even though that injury didn't look serious, it turned out to be serious enough to kick him out of his shape.

Add to this unavailability of Costa, and unreliability of Berna and Dybala, and you have nothing to be optimistic about before this game.

Once we saw the starting eleven, we all knew what was about to happen. And it was an unpleasant surprise to have realized that Max hadn't even tried to be inventive this time.

Apr 10, 2019

1. Chiellini picked up his usual springtime injury (nobody could've predict it, right?). He was fundamental in the 3:0 win against Atletico, as he was the main figure in both defense and the back line of the midfield of that hybrid 3-5-2 formation Max invented. Without him this formation became unavailable to Allegri.

2. CR7 decided to return to his national team, got injured too, and even though that injury didn't look serious, it turned out to be serious enough to kick him out of his shape.

Add to this unavailability of Costa, and unreliability of Berna and Dybala, and you have nothing to be optimistic about before this game.

Once we saw the starting eleven, we all knew what was about to happen. And it was an unpleasant surprise to have realized that Max hadn't even tried to be inventive this time.
buy a new calf for chiellini
not a defender

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I know you guys are into optimism and everything, but I've seen this happen over and over again since 1997. You could literally build a team from scratch, enroll in Serie D with amateur players, and slowly advance all the way to Serie A and then win the CL in less time than it's taken Juve to not win the CL again.
This CL obsession is killing me, I'm gonna settle for knockout european medicrity.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ajax pressing game was impressive. And were consistent with it the entire game. And counter attacked well. We’re probably one of the worst teams to watch on the counter attacks. Always a bad decision or a misplaced pass. Useless.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

Yep, Chiellini is holding up the entire defense, not Max

bluesnake

Mar 7, 2017
Allegri saying he'll stay next year and told him to AA 2 days ago.
Please kill me. I can't stand him anymore.
nice joke, this 2 games vs ajax alone was enough for sack, CL team cant play like that

and the 2nd leg, at home

this is the worst CL lose since frozen kebab

- - - Updated - - -

Hottest CB in a long time, Captain, 19yo, scoring the goal to take Ajax to Semi, he's out
+1

he is kylian mbappe of defence, we will get him as we get kylian

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh for crying out loud. This was one game Allegri did NOT play defense. Our players let us down. Bernardeschi most of all.
He played 100 % defense. He had no intention of scoring, the primary objective was to destroy their game play. The times we pressed and got the ball back, we did absolutely nothing to score a goal. Apart from the goal we scored we did not even tickle them. Even after they equalized, we kept the same approach. Defending in Allegri's book might not mean sitting back, it means keep the ball and don't take risks. And this is exactly what we did.

How do you expect players to perform and not let you down when they are instructed not to play and take risks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)