[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Woj
MDS Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Khedira Pjanic Matuidi
Bernardeschi Mandzukic CR7​
No. Such a predictable and boring lineup. Mandzukic starting? Why? He doesn't deserve to.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand lineups with Mandzukic tbh. Is this what people actually want to see, or what they think Max will field? :boh: :confused:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Ajax are a very technical team that flood the midfield with players capable of getting on the ball. We need to counter this by stretching them with width, whether that’s early on or as the game progresses.

I’d like to see the formation we operated against Atletico where in possession our fullbacks push and one of the CMs drop into the defence.

Cancelo & Sandro on the flanks. Ronaldo up top with Berna and Kean. Dougie C to come in for the second half.

Pjanic, Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield. We need to pressurise this Ajax team and pin their full backs into their own half

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
No. Such a predictable and boring lineup. Mandzukic starting? Why? He doesn't deserve to.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand lineups with Mandzukic tbh. Is this what people actually want to see, or what they think Max will field? :boh: :confused:
I agree but Max loves Manbro and will never bench him in such an important match. I hope he will but I just can't see it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If we set up to soak pressure, allow them possession, and play for the draw, we are in for a rude awakening. We're playing at home against a young and inexperienced team. We should put them to the sword.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Dybala or Kean shoud start instead of Mandzukic. He is slowing us down against these kids.

I would even start Spina over Sandro.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Ten Hag faps on the thought of Pep. He worked with him and said that he tries to emulate his type of football..
And that type, offensive with high posession, gets easily killed off with counter attacks. Real madrid did that to Barca too many times.

Just start players that are quick and can carry the ball eg. Costa, Ronaldo, Bernie, sit back which we're totally comfortable with, and play on counters.
Or go full-on and dominate as against Atletico or Real Madrid.. We don't need a close call against Ajax.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Dybala or Kean shoud start instead of Mandzukic. He is slowing us down against these kids.

I would even start Spina over Sandro.
Not sure about starting kean as he lacks experience in these games, but his pace will be useful as a sub later in the second half when mandzu has completely lost his steam. I would be in favour in starting spina over sandro though.

athas

Jul 15, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Our midfielder is always clueless when being fast pressed, so Max often relies on another way to keep possession: Move Mandzukic to opponent's FB position and send longball to him, hoping his aerial power will dominate the fullback. That's simple and effective until Manbro lost his form.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Not sure about starting kean as he lacks experience in these games, but his pace will be useful as a sub later in the second half when mandzu has completely lost his steam. I would be in favour in starting spina over sandro though.
Man Ajax is full of inexperienced players. And its not big fucking deal if we start one.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
French Clement Turpin will be the referee. He was a referee between Ajax-Bayern 3-3 .Give two straight red cards.One to Thomas Muller and Wober.Seems that he is easy on red cards.

hanko

Mar 15, 2019
French Clement Turpin will be the referee. He was a referee between Ajax-Bayern 3-3 .Give two straight red cards.One to Thomas Muller and Wober.Seems that he is easy on red cards.
Have you seen those two fouls? Even Collina would've given two red cards for that back in the day.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Have you seen those two fouls? Even Collina would've given two red cards for that back in the day.
No I don't since I didn't watch that game.Never heard about this referee.
Now I saw the fouls on You Tube.That of Muller is just unbelivable. Karate kick.Other was with two legs.Rightly given reds,okay.

Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Ajax are a very technical team that flood the midfield with players capable of getting on the ball. We need to counter this by stretching them with width, whether that’s early on or as the game progresses.

I’d like to see the formation we operated against Atletico where in possession our fullbacks push and one of the CMs drop into the defence.

Cancelo & Sandro on the flanks. Ronaldo up top with Berna and Kean. Dougie C to come in for the second half.

Pjanic, Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield. We need to pressurise this Ajax team and pin their full backs into their own half
I would like that to but I am not sure the Line-up works without Can. If he is ready however it is the way to go. Play some balls over the top for Kean to run behind their defense, to stretch them and create room between the lines for Berna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)