[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (47 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Playing pirlo in the return match would be stupied. He almost gave me an heartattack with his horrid passing, playing right to monacos strenght. Seems our players are too nervous when the game is in balace, which is worrying...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This was reminiscent of Conte days vs. Copenhagen where the team couldn't open the scoring without a penalty. This team would look so much better playing on the counter than having to face defensive teams
Yes. Because Monaco isn't considered one of the best defensive teams in all of Europe, they're not at all better than Copenhagen. :sergio:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
okay result but bad performance. Having said that, we were calm which is most important for me. The return leg should be even easier.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Crucial win. Defensively and in terms of tenacity we had the old Vidal back. Loved seeing Buffon so assured with every save. Was disappointed in Lichtsteiner's performance, it was like he only had 75% of his energy reserves. Did he lose his 3rd lung?

We did seem shaky from 10 mins till the penalty. We came out flying in the second half, Allegri must have given a good talk at half time. I had thought those nerves had been vanquished along with Dortmund. Every time we win in Europe it will diminish further.

Fino alla fine

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
And by the way I was impressed by how solid Monaco's defense was. Tevez and Morata barely got anything and had to rely on counter attacking opportunities but Monaco did such a good job of getting back and looked far better at it than BvB.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm still struggling to see the contact in the penalty. It looked very soft, the ref benefited us in some crucial plays.

Anyway, horrible performance, great result. Pereyra seemed to be our only chance of creating something, and Vidal did very well in the second half. Bonucci and Chiellini were great.

And now I'm more sure that we desperately need 2 full backs who can run and be aggressive. Evra and specially Litch hurt the team a lot offensively, one of the reasons we lack width.
What are you talking about? Tevez and Vidal missed glorious chances, neither of which Pereyra created, and Morata had a good opportunity too. Monaco set up to be very difficult to break down and I was happy with what we managed to create. Not a great performance but no way in hell was that a horrible performance.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
People hating on Pirlo, he was instrumental in the goal, as well as Morata's volley miss, as well as launching an attack down the right when no-one picked up the cut-back.

Clearly a bit rusty after two months out, but even with a bit of rust he created some of our best chances!

Overall a decent performance, if far from great.

The important part is the clean sheet, as now they'll have to open up in the second leg and that doesn't suit them.

Even today, when they were solid and good on the counter we had at least four clear-cut chances. They had one golden chance (Carrasco) and one pretty decent one which Buffon saved at the near post.

They're decent, but limited, nothing I saw tonight made me fear we'll go out in the second leg.
Its whats fashionable here. Marchisio was worse.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Buffon 7
Lichtsteiner 6
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 6.5
Evra 6.5
Marchisio 6.5
Pirlo 6.5
Vidal 7.5
Pereyra 7
Tevez 6.5
Morata 6.5

Barzagli 6.5

Vidal was an absolute monster. Should've scored in the first half and misplaced a few passes but defensively he was fantastic.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The Pirlo bashing is silly. He started poorly with some bad passes that put us under pressure but he's a big part of the reason we won that match. Sublime ball to Morata for the penalty.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Buffon 7
Lichtsteiner 6
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 6.5
Evra 6.5
Marchisio 6.5
Pirlo 6.5
Vidal 7.5
Pereyra 7
Tevez 6.5
Morata 6.5

Barzagli 6.5

Vidal was an absolute monster. Should've scored in the first half and misplaced a few passes but defensively he was fantastic.
Buffon 7? that was easly a 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)