[CL] JUVENTUS 0-3 Real Madrid [April 3rd 2018] (20 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
ah.., the fiery passion of youth. I was like you at your age. Youll understand things better and keep it cool with time. But props to you for having Chiellini as your idol.
Have a lot of respect for young fans having this passion. I think most of us had that phase supporting Juve at that age.

That's what's missing in football nowadays so props

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Have a lot of respect for young fans having this passion. I think most of us had that phase supporting Juve at that age.

That's what's missing in football nowadays so props
Yeh, but at that age is raw, unpolished, unchanneled passion. Which is also bad because too much passion makes you lose perspective overall.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Continue having fun with your troll campaign.

You cant cover the sun with your fingers anymore.

I have a serious question for you 2:
Why always you answer to valid critics with sarcasm and funny comments to derail what was said? Its some kind of tactic to cover something up?

Im curious

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Post Ironic mocks people who claim that we rely too much on individual brilliance to score goals, then complains when Dybala doesn't score a free kick or can't dribble through the entire Madrid defense by himself. :facepalm2:

That's OK, we can beat Benevento on the weekend, and then the usual suspects can pretend like Max is the best coach on the planet again and there is nothing wrong with our teamplay.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Dybala - Higuain - Costa is probably the most expensive attack I've ever seen which I would label as "disconnected". It was so badly visible last night I couldn't get my head around it how that was actually possible. It shows in Serie A a lot too but last night it was horrendous.

I don't want to blame Allegri here for every evil there is in this World but what is he exactly doing with the players during trainnings? So many bad runs/passes clearly show players don't understand each other.

I will blame Allegri for inability to learn. Zidane plays the same 11 he did in Cardiff and Allegri once again plays 4231. How naive is that? If we fielded 4 midfielders as Madrid did we still would be inferior in terms of quality but Allegri added being outnumbered to that. The problem with wingers is they are always late to the party when you need to move back and they usually can't defend as well as CMs. Last year 4231 worked but it was thanks to Mandzukic and Cuadrado who put extraordinary amount of work into defending while offering a lot in attack. Allegri didn't have that available last night so what was he thinking?
I will blame Allegri for not playing young players in Serie A enough to have them "more ready" for CL. IMO Bentancur was our best player last night and I don't understand why he doesn't get to play more often seeing how mediocre our midfield is. Yesterday both him and Khedira had a decent game but they couldn't manage it being just the two in the middle. I don't understand Allegri's obsession with playing way-past-it Barzagli while Rugani sits on the bench (in Serie A). Because of that he doesn't trust the kid enough to play him in CL which is ridiculous - Varane shows how giving trust pays off. I love Barzagli for everything he's done but it's time for him to be a gap filler at best. I will also blame Allegri for playing Alex Sandro as a winger - this one I never understood actually.

What I will NOT blame Allegri for: lack of a proper rightback. It's not his fault we've got no proper RB for a competition like CL. Here I definitely blame the management. I won't blame Allegri for the performance Chiellini made last night. The guy is a legend and we all know his limitations but yesterday he was atrocious, simply horrible. The guy should be keeping the defense together and lead the line but he actually did the opposite. You never expect such a bad performance form a fighter like Chiellini. Allegri couldn't see that one coming IMO.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Barcelona says hello.

What's more worrying is our inability to go for the kill/revenge after Cardiff, we basically stabbed ourselfs from the very beginning last night and even though we put up a good fight for most of the game there just was no belief or ruthlessness to our game...

Unfortunately for us, our reputation/self belief and therefore revenue will probably suffer even more after this trashing, eventually Juventus will move on but it will take some time before we will ever recover psychologically from this, from the way it all panned out so far it sadly just doesn't seem like we will be able to genuinly challenge for UCL any time soon under the current circumstances.
Woah, hold your horses. This will have no impact on our revenue. I mean we'll get less money than last year but going out with a goal difference wouldn't make it any better. Same for the psychological effect. Madrid, Barca and Bayern were trashed by themselves many times and it didn't harm them in the long run.

What is worrying is not the loss, but tge fact that team stops playing after that red cars. Seriously whats wrong with them its $#@!ing two legs. One our goal and 2:1 would be bad but no impossible to achieve in Madrid, but these $#@!ers decide to stop playing, because they are so hurt and shocked. Bunch of pussies.
Totally agree with the last sentence. How many times Buffon praised Ronaldo before and after the game? How many times Allegri called Madrid the best in the world? We all know that they're good ffs, what I like to know is why we are so bad compared to them. You get a feeling they find it totally okay to lose to real, barca or bayern... Those times are gone. We are Juve and we should compete with them, not being the old good Juve that has that vintage vibe but when it matters they will beat us anyway. These clubs should hate us.

There's no excuse. This is the maximum for this squad. We are not good enough. I don't see us becoming good enough soon. We are far behind the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern and perhaps even City. Last year we won vs Barca that was in one of the worst shapes in recent years. They lost 4-0 to PSG. Before that we won vs Real with the docile Ancelotti. And now all of Real, Barca and Bayern has their shyt together and we don't stand a chance vs them.
Why so negative? I won't even elaborate on that because it's total nonsense.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What I don't like about the old guard (and the coach) is that they've been giving too much respect to Madrid before and after the tie praising them to the stars. Shows a weak mentality especially since the tie isn't done.

I mean for us fans and pretty much football fans it's settled, but it shouldn't for the professionals they still have the duty to believe in it which makes those interviews a bit pathetic. Barcelona would have believed in it, Buffon and co have an inferiority complex and don't believe enough in themselves. Still love them but that's disappointing.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Barcelona says hello.

Woah, hold your horses. This will have no impact on our revenue. I mean we'll get less money than last year but going out with a goal difference wouldn't make it any better. Same for the psychological effect. Madrid, Barca and Bayern were trashed by themselves many times and it didn't harm them in the long run.

Totally agree with the last sentence. How many times Buffon praised Ronaldo before and after the game? How many times Allegri called Madrid the best in the world? We all know that they're good ffs, what I like to know is why we are so bad compared to them. You get a feeling they find it totally okay to lose to real, barca or bayern... Those times are gone. We are Juve and we should compete with them, not being the old good Juve that has that vintage vibe but when it matters they will beat us anyway. These clubs should hate us.

Why so negative? I won't even elaborate on that because it's total nonsense.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Running more says hello

soccerr9

Oct 5, 2015
Dybala - Higuain - Costa is probably the most expensive attack I've ever seen which I would label as "disconnected". It was so badly visible last night I couldn't get my head around it how that was actually possible. It shows in Serie A a lot too but last night it was horrendous.

I don't want to blame Allegri here for every evil there is in this World but what is he exactly doing with the players during trainnings? So many bad runs/passes clearly show players don't understand each other.

I will blame Allegri for inability to learn. Zidane plays the same 11 he did in Cardiff and Allegri once again plays 4231. How naive is that? If we fielded 4 midfielders as Madrid did we still would be inferior in terms of quality but Allegri added being outnumbered to that. The problem with wingers is they are always late to the party when you need to move back and they usually can't defend as well as CMs. Last year 4231 worked but it was thanks to Mandzukic and Cuadrado who put extraordinary amount of work into defending while offering a lot in attack. Allegri didn't have that available last night so what was he thinking?
I will blame Allegri for not playing young players in Serie A enough to have them "more ready" for CL. IMO Bentancur was our best player last night and I don't understand why he doesn't get to play more often seeing how mediocre our midfield is. Yesterday both him and Khedira had a decent game but they couldn't manage it being just the two in the middle. I don't understand Allegri's obsession with playing way-past-it Barzagli while Rugani sits on the bench (in Serie A). Because of that he doesn't trust the kid enough to play him in CL which is ridiculous - Varane shows how giving trust pays off. I love Barzagli for everything he's done but it's time for him to be a gap filler at best. I will also blame Allegri for playing Alex Sandro as a winger - this one I never understood actually.

What I will NOT blame Allegri for: lack of a proper rightback. It's not his fault we've got no proper RB for a competition like CL. Here I definitely blame the management. I won't blame Allegri for the performance Chiellini made last night. The guy is a legend and we all know his limitations but yesterday he was atrocious, simply horrible. The guy should be keeping the defense together and lead the line but he actually did the opposite. You never expect such a bad performance form a fighter like Chiellini. Allegri couldn't see that one coming IMO.
Allegri relies on individual talent to make the difference in the final third rather than choreographed play. Against 99% of opponents, this is a great strategy since Juve have better individuals in the final third. Dybala and Higuain will win Juve most matches. Obviously as we know, this will not work when Juve aren't the more talented side.

On a tactical and technical level, Allegri didn't set this Juve up badly considering Pjanic and Benatia were out. For 60 minutes, only one mistake and some poor finishing by Juve kept these two teams apart. The technical quality of the match was high seeing as both teams up until that point were completing 90% of their passes. What makes Real superior and the biggest reason they have won 3 out of 4 CLs is that when the game gets tight and the pressure is on, they have another gear. From a mental perspective Real are to Juve what Juve are to Tottenham/Serie A.

The sequence of plays from the 55th minute until the 65th minute changed everything. Juve completely collapsed in those moments while Real stuck a dagger. I don't think this Juve will overcome this Real. The talent gap won't be closed until Ronaldo and company's cycle ends. As for Juve, this group did as much as they could going from Serie B to the 4th/5th best team in Europe. It will take the next generation of players to win the CL.

Apr 5, 2018
My opinions:

In my opinion it was the end of an era last season when this team was humiliated 4-1 by the same Real Madrid team. In that final the gulf in class was painfully obvious and you just knew that it was going to be a very long time before Juventus would reach a Champions League final again.

Usually when something as humiliating as that happens you react. It is fantastic getting to a Champions League final but losing 4-1 when you are supposed to be an elite club should be a huge cause for concern. Juventus had been completely outplayed that day and they looked like a Europa club in comparison to the Real Madrid team.

So the transfer campaign comes around and you are expecting Juventus to improve the squad drastically. After all this team can still get to the latter stages of the Champions League but it is undoubtedly 2 world class players short of actually competing for the trophy. Juventus also have significant income from that Champions League run so you expect a big signing. Runners up in the Champions League for the second time in 3 years and with the most recent defeat being by such a big margin you don't even hope for a big name signing...you expect it.

What do Juventus do? They sign Matuidi, Bernadeschi, Costa, Benetia and MDS. Now you might look at those signings as good. But lets really dissect them. Matuidi improves the squad but he is not ever going to be the player that Juventus really need to compete for the Champions League. For Champions League purposes the signing is worthless. Bernadeschi, great signing as in great potential but he is not someone to rely on for this season and still needs development. This is the sort of signing that should happen anyway and in addition to big name signings for clubs striving for the Champions League. Costa - again great signing but I guess Costa was supposed to be our X Factor signing and as effective as he has been he just isn't world class. After getting so close so many times in the Champions League after being incredibly frugal in our net spending for the last few seasons you expect signings like Bernadeschi and Costa but again...with a big name signing coming in. Finally Benetia, good signing but did I mention he was a replacement for a world class Bonnuci? Again we not only don't sign a world class player, we actually lose a world class player and a talisman for the club. And then we go to MDS, he's not an elite european club starter and he was brought in to replace Dani fuckin Alves who was genuinely playing world class, talk about a downgrade.

So when Juventus got Real Madrid in the QF I knew this was only going one way and believed it could be worse than 3-0 (and but for the crossbar twice it very well could have been). There was nothing in our European performances which suggested we were a top team anymore. We were trashed by Barcelona 3-0, we were undeniably outplayed by Tottenham over two legs and our actual performances in the Serie A were dyer. We can count our blessings that Serie A is such a weak league because believe me that Juventus team wouldn't make the CL next season if we were in the Premier League.

There is glaring and I mean glaring weaknesses in this Juventus side. Buffon is on the decline and is becoming a liability. He is certainly not 'world class' anymore on current form and that in itself is like losing another vital player to keeping Juventus competitive. Our fullbacks are just shit. I hate to be harsh but they are just shit. MDS and Asamoah I mean what elite European club would put those two out? Sadly if rumors are to be believed we are 'reinforcing' the full back position with Spinza and Darmien. Obviously we have just decided to give up being competitive at fullback.

We move to centre backs and we are still playing Barzagli. A 38 year old, notoriously slow central defender against one of the fastest attacks in football. I mean I know Benetia is suspended but how did things get that bad? Then Chiellini he is one of the best central defenders in the world but he is not as effective without Bonnuci beside him and that is the truth. I know the partnership had to be broken up but we really should have broke the bank and replaced like for like..once the likes of Buffon and Chiellini start leaking defensively then the entire team's heads drop.

I'll do a separate quick paragraph here for Alex Sandro. He is supposed to be world class and was last season but this season he has not been world class at all. And he is not a left midfielder. Again how did things get so desperate that we have to play an out of form and out of position player in one of our most vital fixtures this season?

Guys honestly the midfield is just a joke for any top level European club. Khedira and Bentacur were our central midfielders. Bentacur is an exceptional prospect but he is not ready yet to be starting Champions League knock out games for a club with aspirations to win. I am not complaining about his actual performance which was fine but any club with ambitions to win should have a player exceptionally better than Bentacur's current level and with substantially more experience. That we had no one due to Pjanic's suspension is regrettable. Khedira is a ghost and he is not an effective player anymore, he seems to position well but I mean is that really what we look for in our starting midfielders? world class positioning? Khedira wouldn't even bench for most elite teams and yet he is one of the first names down on our team sheets :sergio:

I won't complain about Costa. I think as our 'big signing' its a let down but as a signing its a great one. Hes exceptional but short of world class. Unfortunately we have no one who is world class in our entire midfield and that is a problem. Pjanic is a level below however I actually feel he can step up a gear further. He will never be Kroos or Modric level though and sometimes you have to look at your competition's midfield and ask if we are really happy with our star midfield players being Pjanic and Costa? Even Tottenham have easily a better midfield than us. The engine of our team is way, way behind the top 10 clubs in Europe. This is not acceptable.

I can't complain with Dybala and Higuain. The service they receive is nowhere close to what they would get at Barcelona, Madrid, Man City, Bayern, Tottenham, Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG. Dybala gets a hard time but he is not exactly surrounded with creativity. Matuidi, Khedira, Bentacur..... Overall I have no issues with our attack although we need a world class attacking midfielder to service our attack. I also fear we play Higuain way too much and think like any top club some competition for his place woudn't be a bad thing for that type of player but I am not greedy.

The bench is just not there. We brought on Matuidi. Hardly a game changer. Mandzu who has been out of form for awhile and I think has not showed anything this season comparative to last season. Cuadrado is a good bench option though and he brings energy to the game I must say. However every time I look to other teams benches I see punishers dotted all over who can come on and change a game. On the Juventus bench I see Cuadrado who can inject some pace but its hardly the same as having Bale and Kovacic now is it?

Unless this team buys big this transfer season then next season will be worse and may be the final straw that knocks us out of the CL top tier for a long, long time. We have Buffon retiring or going to second choice (so losing a world class talisman), we have Chiellini one year older, Asamoahs going which isn't bad but if his replacement is rumoured to be Darmien then thats a potential downgrade even from Asamoah. If Sandro goes as well that is a massive downgrade. We absolutely need to break the bank and buy a world class centre back, a world class midfielder and two full backs that are considerably better than our current lot. I don't know how much that will cost but if Juventus don't fix their defence and midfield before next season then the Old Lady will be put on breathing support.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My opinions:

In my opinion it was the end of an era last season when this team was humiliated 4-1 by the same Real Madrid team. In that final the gulf in class was painfully obvious and you just knew that it was going to be a very long time before Juventus would reach a Champions League final again.

Usually when something as humiliating as that happens you react. It is fantastic getting to a Champions League final but losing 4-1 when you are supposed to be an elite club should be a huge cause for concern. Juventus had been completely outplayed that day and they looked like a Europa club in comparison to the Real Madrid team.

So the transfer campaign comes around and you are expecting Juventus to improve the squad drastically. After all this team can still get to the latter stages of the Champions League but it is undoubtedly 2 world class players short of actually competing for the trophy. Juventus also have significant income from that Champions League run so you expect a big signing. Runners up in the Champions League for the second time in 3 years and with the most recent defeat being by such a big margin you don't even hope for a big name signing...you expect it.

What do Juventus do? They sign Matuidi, Bernadeschi, Costa, Benetia and MDS. Now you might look at those signings as good. But lets really dissect them. Matuidi improves the squad but he is not ever going to be the player that Juventus really need to compete for the Champions League. For Champions League purposes the signing is worthless. Bernadeschi, great signing as in great potential but he is not someone to rely on for this season and still needs development. This is the sort of signing that should happen anyway and in addition to big name signings for clubs striving for the Champions League. Costa - again great signing but I guess Costa was supposed to be our X Factor signing and as effective as he has been he just isn't world class. After getting so close so many times in the Champions League after being incredibly frugal in our net spending for the last few seasons you expect signings like Bernadeschi and Costa but again...with a big name signing coming in. Finally Benetia, good signing but did I mention he was a replacement for a world class Bonnuci? Again we not only don't sign a world class player, we actually lose a world class player and a talisman for the club. And then we go to MDS, he's not an elite european club starter and he was brought in to replace Dani $#@!in Alves who was genuinely playing world class, talk about a downgrade.

So when Juventus got Real Madrid in the QF I knew this was only going one way and believed it could be worse than 3-0 (and but for the crossbar twice it very well could have been). There was nothing in our European performances which suggested we were a top team anymore. We were trashed by Barcelona 3-0, we were undeniably outplayed by Tottenham over two legs and our actual performances in the Serie A were dyer. We can count our blessings that Serie A is such a weak league because believe me that Juventus team wouldn't make the CL next season if we were in the Premier League.

There is glaring and I mean glaring weaknesses in this Juventus side. Buffon is on the decline and is becoming a liability. He is certainly not 'world class' anymore on current form and that in itself is like losing another vital player to keeping Juventus competitive. Our fullbacks are just $#@!. I hate to be harsh but they are just $#@!. MDS and Asamoah I mean what elite European club would put those two out? Sadly if rumors are to be believed we are 'reinforcing' the full back position with Spinza and Darmien. Obviously we have just decided to give up being competitive at fullback.

We move to centre backs and we are still playing Barzagli. A 38 year old, notoriously slow central defender against one of the fastest attacks in football. I mean I know Benetia is suspended but how did things get that bad? Then Chiellini he is one of the best central defenders in the world but he is not as effective without Bonnuci beside him and that is the truth. I know the partnership had to be broken up but we really should have broke the bank and replaced like for like..once the likes of Buffon and Chiellini start leaking defensively then the entire team's heads drop.

I'll do a separate quick paragraph here for Alex Sandro. He is supposed to be world class and was last season but this season he has not been world class at all. And he is not a left midfielder. Again how did things get so desperate that we have to play an out of form and out of position player in one of our most vital fixtures this season?

Guys honestly the midfield is just a joke for any top level European club. Khedira and Bentacur were our central midfielders. Bentacur is an exceptional prospect but he is not ready yet to be starting Champions League knock out games for a club with aspirations to win. I am not complaining about his actual performance which was fine but any club with ambitions to win should have a player exceptionally better than Bentacur's current level and with substantially more experience. That we had no one due to Pjanic's suspension is regrettable. Khedira is a ghost and he is not an effective player anymore, he seems to position well but I mean is that really what we look for in our starting midfielders? world class positioning? Khedira wouldn't even bench for most elite teams and yet he is one of the first names down on our team sheets :sergio:

I won't complain about Costa. I think as our 'big signing' its a let down but as a signing its a great one. Hes exceptional but short of world class. Unfortunately we have no one who is world class in our entire midfield and that is a problem. Pjanic is a level below however I actually feel he can step up a gear further. He will never be Kroos or Modric level though and sometimes you have to look at your competition's midfield and ask if we are really happy with our star midfield players being Pjanic and Costa? Even Tottenham have easily a better midfield than us. The engine of our team is way, way behind the top 10 clubs in Europe. This is not acceptable.

I can't complain with Dybala and Higuain. The service they receive is nowhere close to what they would get at Barcelona, Madrid, Man City, Bayern, Tottenham, Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG. Dybala gets a hard time but he is not exactly surrounded with creativity. Matuidi, Khedira, Bentacur..... Overall I have no issues with our attack although we need a world class attacking midfielder to service our attack. I also fear we play Higuain way too much and think like any top club some competition for his place woudn't be a bad thing for that type of player but I am not greedy.

The bench is just not there. We brought on Matuidi. Hardly a game changer. Mandzu who has been out of form for awhile and I think has not showed anything this season comparative to last season. Cuadrado is a good bench option though and he brings energy to the game I must say. However every time I look to other teams benches I see punishers dotted all over who can come on and change a game. On the Juventus bench I see Cuadrado who can inject some pace but its hardly the same as having Bale and Kovacic now is it?

Unless this team buys big this transfer season then next season will be worse and may be the final straw that knocks us out of the CL top tier for a long, long time. We have Buffon retiring or going to second choice (so losing a world class talisman), we have Chiellini one year older, Asamoahs going which isn't bad but if his replacement is rumoured to be Darmien then thats a potential downgrade even from Asamoah. If Sandro goes as well that is a massive downgrade. We absolutely need to break the bank and buy a world class centre back, a world class midfielder and two full backs that are considerably better than our current lot. I don't know how much that will cost but if Juventus don't fix their defence and midfield before next season then the Old Lady will be put on breathing support.

Welcome. Pretty much sums it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)