[CL] Juventus 0-2 Barcelona [October 28th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'm usually in the more pessimistic camp, but i don't see anything out of the expected here. this is a team in the making, with new tactics to implement, missing some key players, bonucci playing injured, dybala visibly not match fit yet, chiesa and kulu playing their 2nd cl matches, etc. i'm not worried about the results either: if we beat ferencváros twice in the upcoming two matches, and kiev don't achieve 2 points vs barcelona, we qualify for the knockouts, period.

i'm more worried about the lack of flexibility shown by pirlo than anything else. late and wtf subs, lack of reaction (eg. when rabiot clearly was on the edge vs roma, or yesterday when our midfield was outnumbered every single time with the forwards completely isolated), no b-plan whatsoever. i'm sure he needs time and will grow a lot in a couple of years, just see how rookies like gattuso handled matches a couple of years ago. ffs, gattuso was fired like a dog by greek and swiss teams. if we start clicking around january and will still have the eventual leader of the league in sight, then i'm fine with sitting out a quick and painful growth process.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
It's not the substitution per se. It's the fact that Pirlo put Mckennie as a left attacking mid on the field, practically a Chiesa substitution, that shows just how clueless he is.
Also berna getting minutes instead of ramsey is retarded.
This is exactly what i meant with my comment. I have nothing against McKenie.

- - - Updated - - -

Barca sucks isn't ready for anyone, we suck even more not ready for Baca, who are we ready for??
This season? This season we are not ready for anything. Its a transitional season, the kind ManUtd has for like 7 sesons now :) Lets just hope ours will be much shorter :)

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
This is exactly what i meant with my comment. I have nothing against McKenie.

- - - Updated - - -

This season? This season we are not ready for anything. Its a transitional season, the kind ManUtd has for like 7 sesons now :) Lets just hope ours will be much shorter :)
It doesnt have to be like that though.. Thats what happens when you apppint a rookie manager..

This team is ready to build on being Italian Champions under the right manager..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
On the Dybala question, he was occupying the same areas as Ramsey in the last league game, and the same again yesterday with Kulusevski, he completely nullifies the use of Ramsey and Kulusevski. Seriously need to sort out Dybala's position or someone has to go and I feel it should be him.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i'm usually in the more pessimistic camp, but i don't see anything out of the expected here. this is a team in the making, with new tactics to implement, missing some key players, bonucci playing injured, dybala visibly not match fit yet, chiesa and kulu playing their 2nd cl matches, etc. i'm not worried about the results either: if we beat ferencváros twice in the upcoming two matches, and kiev don't achieve 2 points vs barcelona, we qualify for the knockouts, period.

i'm more worried about the lack of flexibility shown by pirlo than anything else. late and wtf subs, lack of reaction (eg. when rabiot clearly was on the edge vs roma, or yesterday when our midfield was outnumbered every single time with the forwards completely isolated), no b-plan whatsoever. i'm sure he needs time and will grow a lot in a couple of years, just see how rookies like gattuso handled matches a couple of years ago. ffs, gattuso was fired like a dog by greek and swiss teams. if we start clicking around january and will still have the eventual leader of the league in sight, then i'm fine with sitting out a quick and painful growth process.
Quite a contrast from last season lol when things were actually better.

And lol at aspiration to now have coach on same level as Gattuso and finishing second in group which lowers chance of more favorable draw.

Calm down and see what happens in the next few games instead of shifting posts and turning us into Napoli.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Bar Messi, I believe we have better players in attack than Barca but we come short in other positions.
This loss hurts too much. In the last ten years, we have been dominating in Italy but have also suffered too many embarassing loses in CL.
0 shots on goal yesterday. It is very hard with this team sometimes...

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Barce wont play an easier game all season.
That's such an exaggeration. :disagree:

Just wait for the return game! :D

I'm not sure why folks think MDL will save us. It will be better than Bonucci and Demiral but won't save the midfield and attack.
We'll be fine in attack.

Everything else is up for debate. Organization always used to be one of our main strenghts, but we seem to have completely lost it.
It's not that all our individual defenders our midfielders are poor, but as a unit it just doesn't work. It was dreadful last season & so far there are no signs of improvement.

I do believe we'll get our shit together though. But it will take a few more weeks, I guess.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's such an exaggeration. :disagree:

Just wait for the return game! :D

We'll be fine in attack.

Everything else is up for debate. Organization always used to be one of our main strenghts, but we seem to have completely lost it.
It's not that all our individual defenders our midfielders are poor, but as a unit it just doesn't work. It was dreadful last season & so far there are no signs of improvement.

I do believe we'll get our shit together though. But it will take a few more weeks, I guess.
Im not as positive. Pirlo seems deadset on his ideas, whatever those are.... And his subs, his ingame reaction to what is happening, is nonexistant.

He really is a rookie and it shows. I have seen nothing to feel reasurred that things will change from his hand at least.

Sadly i think he already risks the sack if he doesnt turn this 180 in the coming games

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Im not as positive. Pirlo seems deadset on his ideas, whatever those are.... And his subs, his ingame reaction to what is happening, is nonexistant.

He really is a rookie and it shows. I have seen nothing to feel reasurred that things will change from his hand at least.

Sadly i think he already risks the sack if he doesnt turn this 180 in the coming games
That's fair enough, of course.

Though I don't expect him to be sacked anytime soon. Unless we actually lose a bunch of games in the coming weeks.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm not sure why folks think MDL will save us. It will be better than Bonucci and Demiral but won't save the midfield and attack.
Thing i've noticed is how Bonucci is enouraged to join the midfield, frankly he's not good enough, he's too slow and even his passing has been pretty shit of late, but MDL being a good carrier of the ball and a former midfielder I feel will suit this role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)