[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Sevilla [14th September, 2016] (13 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Luckily everybody here knows more than Allegri does. If Pjanic doesn't start there's a $#@!ing reason. Maybe he wouldn't have been able to play at such a tempo for an entire game after only playing his first competitive game a few days ago...
Yeah because he wasn't in a training process for months and can be used just once at every 5 games.

Mar 3, 2014
So to sum up, our coach just threw away a game to bring down the expectations.
Round of aplause
I honestly think we was making sure his A squad was ready for Shinter.

He saw a home game vs. Sevilla as easy, so he played a weakened a team. It will be confirmed if we see a star studded line up against Shinter.

Italian teams always favour Serie A vs. Europe.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I honestly think we was making sure his A squad was ready for Shinter.

He saw a home game vs. Sevilla as easy, so he played a weakened a team. It will be confirmed if we see a star studded line up against Shinter.
I thought this at first. But the decision to wait 23 minutes into 2nd half, and then subbing Dybala at the end kind of refutes this point.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Didn't realise we were running a fucking group therapy session, here I was thinking we were trying to win the CL.

Nobody's asking Allegri to slate his players in the media, but players like Evra have no business getting consistent starts when their counterparts are clearly better.

If they're not happy being benched by superior players then they can write a book about it whilst they're in the reserves looking for another club.
Clearly evra and asas feelings are more important than football. Whats more important; a human or a sport?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Allegri's comments after the game worry me...

Kwadwo selected because he was defensively sound? (We had 5 defenders on the pitch so now make that 6...)

Chiellini ' we were solid' - we were at home!!! We should t be worried about containing them let them worry about containing us!!!

Mar 3, 2014
It would be nice to occasionally see an Italian team put on a high line, press the crap out of the opposition and beat a team 6-0 like Bayern.

The difference between us and the likes of Bayern is that when we win the league 5 years in a row, it is full of 2-1 and 2-0 victories. Games like Parma are an anomaly. Bayern curb stomps their league 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and frankly, it is a function of the conservative Italian style. Games like today should have been high-line, hold possession, and force Sevilla to make mistakes. Players like Cuadrado and Pjanic would help here.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It would be nice to occasionally see an Italian team put on a high line, press the crap out of the opposition and beat a team 6-0 like Bayern.

The difference between us and the likes of Bayern is that when we win the league 5 years in a row, it is full of 2-1 and 2-0 victories. Games like Parma are an anomaly. Bayern curb stomps their league 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and frankly, it is a function of the conservative Italian style. Games like today should have been high-line, hold possession, and force Sevilla to make mistakes. Players like Cuadrado and Pjanic would help here.
Then go support Bayern you cross eyed cunt

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Italian calcio indeed!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Allegri's comments after the game worry me...

Kwadwo selected because he was defensively sound? (We had 5 defenders on the pitch so now make that 6...)

Chiellini ' we were solid' - we were at home!!! We should t be worried about containing them let them worry about containing us!!!
You didn't quote the best ones:

Allegri: siccome quest'anno si è creato un alone di entusiasmo eccessivo intorno alla Juventus, la Juventus è la favorita numero uno della Champions league, quando la Juventus è 20 anni che non vince una Champions, sono cose fuori dal mondo. La Juventus ha fatto un ottimo mercato, così come lo ha fatto il Manchester City, così come lo hanno fatto le altre squadre, quindi ci vuole molta calma

Mar 3, 2014
Then go support Bayern you cross eyed $#@!
lol calma, I'm just saying it would nice to see blowouts occasionally, or a more attacking mentality against weaker opponents.

Nobody can deny that Italian teams have a tendency of performing well against tough competition, and showing up flat against easy competition, particularly internationally.

Same applies internationally - it's great to see us beat Spain, and Belgium, and nearly beat Germany. But then we make it close against the likes of Israel. It would be nice to get a bit more of a Sacchi-like mentality sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)