CL hangover : Lippi puzzles me (1 Viewer)

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
no!!!! i don't think so..lippi can't do that..he loves juve..i knew it

hopefully, the trezegol news didn't give bad consequences to us....no need to criticize...its already happen...

Jan 1, 2003
Seriously, I don't wanna talk about this anymore. Almost everyone carries a small portion of the blame for this loss. It wasn't all Lippi's fault, and it wasn't all Trezeguet's wrongdoing. The tactics weren't the most horrible ones, but they could have been better. We didn't play the worse football ever, but we could have played better. We should've won the PK with the best goalie in the world, but we left our shooting boots home. In addition to Nedved being out, Camo was off form, and Davids got injured (when we started attacking and dominating). Shit happened, but there's no need to cry and ***** about it since we proved that we're the best in the world. We kicked the favorites Real Madrid out, and we tied with Milan w/o our star player, and we've got our 27th scudetto; we triumphed over Milan in Italy.

Although bitter in the end, it was a truly wonderful season. Lets get over it, shall we? Some reinforcements are coming in to strengthen our weaknesses, and we're hungrier than ever. Next year we will rule Europe for sure.

Forza Juventus.

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Trezegue's words were exaggerated greatly. He said we should have played more attackingly basically, that's it. He didn't attack or blast Lippi as the net wrote. Jeez there trying to create a story to write about. Don't worry guys we'll be as strong as ever next year.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Pointing fingers is useless and plain stupid. Finals are decided by episodes, and in our case, the episodes were all against us (Nedved suspended, Tudor and Davids injured, Conte's post, etc...). Lippi is a winner, 5 leagues, 1 CL, 1 Intercontinental, etc in 6 seasons are an excellent curriculum.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
Ok heres my take on this whole thing:

We're all ignorant ****s.

Every single fan of serie A/serie A teams/il azzurri.

Kweku made the most sense to me; Italian teams are shit scared of ****in losing! why?? Cuz then the bastard fickle ****faced fans complain and want SOMEONE's head on a platter.

How hard is it for us to learn that the only way we can not be afraid of losing or taking risks is if we are not afraid of the consequences.

The problem is ONE loss or ONE trophyless season and the fans want a complete overhaul.

Cant we see that WE are to blame for this predicament??

How about for ONE season we dont give a **** about who wins the title, we dont give a **** about results, we dont give a **** about statistics or trophies or a scoreline or shit- we just play beautiful football.

I know its way too idealistic- too romantic a goal- one that will never be attained but it illustrates the point.

We need to look and learn from the Dutch- they arent afraid nor are they concerned with heritage and derbies and rivalries as we are. Hence they are not afraid to play beautiful passionate football throbbing with the essence of life in every second.

Somebody tell me im ****in right. For once we need a whoe different mentality.
thank you very much lac,you are ****in right,and now this post will be deleted.

martin.

;)

-------------------------

in all honesty,i really DO agree with you.really.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Ok heres my take on this whole thing:

We're all ignorant ****s.

Every single fan of serie A/serie A teams/il azzurri.

Kweku made the most sense to me; Italian teams are shit scared of ****in losing! why?? Cuz then the bastard fickle ****faced fans complain and want SOMEONE's head on a platter.

How hard is it for us to learn that the only way we can not be afraid of losing or taking risks is if we are not afraid of the consequences.

The problem is ONE loss or ONE trophyless season and the fans want a complete overhaul.

Cant we see that WE are to blame for this predicament??

How about for ONE season we dont give a **** about who wins the title, we dont give a **** about results, we dont give a **** about statistics or trophies or a scoreline or shit- we just play beautiful football.

I know its way too idealistic- too romantic a goal- one that will never be attained but it illustrates the point.

We need to look and learn from the Dutch- they arent afraid nor are they concerned with heritage and derbies and rivalries as we are. Hence they are not afraid to play beautiful passionate football throbbing with the essence of life in every second.

Somebody tell me im ****in right. For once we need a whoe different mentality.
oh **** off

:D;)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
When what you said happens, Juve will cease to exist ;)

Football is a competition. There has to be a winner. One way or anther.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
well yeah. but football wasnt created with the intention of competing. football was created with the intent of entertaining. and that should be important on a team's agenda. maybe not the primary objective but something important nonetheless

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think Treze's comments were taken out of context .. he didn't 'blast' Lippi as some headlines suggested .. he simply stated that Juve should've appraoched the match differently and should've prepared better for the match .. something I totally agree with ..

As for Lippi, I'm sure the disappointment and despair of losing the Champions League final made him say all that .. I don't think he will ever leave Juve before the 2 years on his contract end .. even if we finished next season trophyless (God forbid) ..

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
well yeah. but football wasnt created with the intention of competing. football was created with the intent of entertaining. and that should be important on a team's agenda. maybe not the primary objective but something important nonetheless
Every game consisting of "two" sides has a goal of winning over trhe other side. It is entertaining for the "observers" or the spectators, but participants have a goal to achive - that is winning.

If you get couple of members of this forum and i pick up several guys/girls from Lazio forums, we meet up and play a game of football, we will do it for a joy of it. Issues of a winner in any kind of match between Juventini & Laziali can end up in only one result: Victory for Laziali, loss for Juve:D

But thats only us, amateurs, fans, kids on the street.

These guys are professionals that are paid unbelivable sums of money to do their job. If they do enjoy it whilst doing it, even better. But the job has to be done. Winning implies not losing. I'm not suprised whatsoever if even a biggest star has his feet heavy when it somes to the "ultimate" game, final and so on. It's psychology at work, they are humans only. And their job is to win, not entertain.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Since the greek era, sports was a competition for the strongest or best athlete. Football was and it still is a competition between different teams for the ultimate joy of being crowned champions. Entertainment is derived from this, so therefore is not the major component. For a team to be entertaining, they need to be competitive.

Boy go tell that to an Inter fan, they know nothing about entertainment :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)