CL hangover : Lippi puzzles me (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
I cannot for the life of me figure out why in the most important match for 5 years we played one of our worst games this year. I mean heeellooooo, it's Milan we're talking about, it's Ancelotti. Are they unbeatable? By no means, we already whipped them once this year. The lineup is weird, with Montero on the left, we play really really bad, it's amazing how they threatened us, us with our "excellent" defence. One goal cancelled, Buffon saving on Inzaghi and several other chances when Milan got really close. Meanwhile we answered that with nothing. Not one threatening attack from normal play (maybe except Trez' header right at the start). "All" our chances were weird incidents, the kind that when you score people say you were lucky. So we're playing the 3rd best club (barely, Lazio almost took their spot) in Italy, we know them really well, we've just won the league again, our team seems to be rather in form, meanwhile Sheva and Pippo haven't scored for a while and Milan has won once in their last 6 CL games. No, I just won't accept that it's all Nedved, we made the final dammit! If you mean to tell me that without the Czech this is all we got, I just don't believe it. No, Lippi screwed up again. Bad. And I can't figure out why this is happening. We played a horrible game. Milan weren't too impressive but they did okay. We just waited for the pens most of those 120 minutes. Yes, anti-football. In the CL with Lippi as our coach and only player missing from the lineup. Unbelievable.
I totally agree with you, till now i dont what happened that nigth it was a nightmare , milan beat us and outplayed juve like they are 2nd level players , there is only one explanation is that lippi was not prepared to this match either mentally or as a whole plan
i dont agree that the cause of this was nedved not playing because this happened 3 times at previous cl matches if you all remmenmber against ajax we won by luck in penalties then against dortmond they also where better (lost 1-3) and later also lost against real (1-0) .why we did not play like we did against real???

The final qustion what happens to juve in final matches ???????

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
guys i know it's too late but i can't stop thinking

did lippi deserve to be the responsible for the loss ?

well ,,,, of course .

not because he did not bump the players

not because his defensive mentalty

it was because he changed the whole tactic 4-2-3-1 or somtimes 4-3-2-1 to simple plain 4-4-2 ....

he did not study milan's way of playing and consider that in his plans ....

i am not a manager but if u change the harmony of the team after whole season what would u excpect ?!

changing a position is acceptable but the whole thing i am shocked !!!!!!!

and about milan ,,,, they are readable with no changes playing the same way since the beginiig of the season and we played againest them 3 times this season before the final

they always dominate the midfield from the centre and trying to penetrate from rui costa through balls that's it nothing much to handle they don't use the flanks so we did not need wide flankers like zambrotta and camo on the sides we only needed one as we do always from the right to stop kaladze zambrotta or camo and i prefer zambrotta because of his work rate and strengh imagine if we had to strong defensive midfielders to stop rui costa and seedprf lets say tach and tudor with davids helping them and continuing on making problems for pirlo ,,,, we will dominate the midfield

montero as left back ?! are u kiding me , we used him in this position last time againest brecia when pessotoo was injured at the end of 2001-2002 season not in champoindsleague final

birindelli would have been more active and faster( he changed that late on because of tudor injury).

i posted my ideal formation before the match and i still think that my formation was the best

------------------buffon
thuram- ferrara - montero - birindelli
------------ tudor -- tachi
zambrotta-------------- davids
----------------------------- delpiero
---------------- trezeguet

not the way we played :
----------- buffon
thuram- tudor- ferrara -montero
camo-- tach-----davids-----zamb
-----------trez- -- del piro

my formation was defesive but we were used to play that way not the second one

we could've managed to use camo , di vaio , zala, conte in the right way on the right time to balance the game without using 3 changes without any benefits

what a nightmare

they outplayed us

gatusso was good because of lippi he did not have any pressure on him

i am still depressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)