CL hangover : Lippi puzzles me (2 Viewers)

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
one part of me is screaming out
Bribes/Couruption/Politics some underground work by Berlosconi...

But then again
I don't want to believe that.....

I just don't understand the penalty selection
Why not taking Buffon even instead of Zalayeta......

not to mention Tachhi (Who has grown so much this season)
or Thuram (Who has also grown)
Both these players would have had the right things going through their head........

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 29, 2003
hi guys im a big juvesupporter i thought i would say something.
it is very dissapointing it really hurts but we have to get back there and we have to beleive in that we can. Lippi is a great coach well at least we know he is human after all.
WE WILL BE BACK dont worry about that remember Trez was injured for so long this year salas was never there Di vaio was injured out of touch and zalayeta is ur 5th striker cant expect much. so basically our goals were from Nedved and DEl Piero!so we were under stregth in attack through the whole year we have got miccoli he looks good we will get another striker for Salas ,another creat type midfielder like nedved for back up and a couple of younger defenders and midfielders We will have a stronger squad then this year and mentally we will be motivated for the UCL trust me we will be back !!!! imagine the squad we have now with a couple of good young quick players it will be Awesome!!

1 specail tribute to Tacci he gets no credit he had a good year was one of our best in the final he works hard and he will get better.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by sutnop ] ++
I just don't understand the penalty selection
Why not taking Buffon even instead of Zalayeta......

not to mention Tachhi (Who has grown so much this season)
or Thuram (Who has also grown)
Both these players would have had the right things going through their head........
thats not lippi's choice though :)

I think that lippi failed not in his motivation but in his tactics and team selection, but then its easy for us to say that now. I would certainly have started divaio though

May 29, 2003
what about ancelotti i cant beleive they won he took off Rui costa and pirlo for ambrosini and forgot the other guy if they had of lost in penalties he would have looked bad.....................

penalties are 50/50 if we were to have the shoot out again score be different

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
I think Zaalayeta was picked because he has scored goals in the last few matches.
no qualms with that. I would have probably started him too.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
He shouldn't have HAD to pump ANYONE up. It was the freaking Champions League final for crying out loud!!!!!!

not pump up, wrong word...

lippi fail to motivate in a sense that to make sure his players dont freeze and play to their fullest..

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
I mean Lippi's Problem is
that he wants to live up to the epithe
of Mastermind and Genius

Thus doing things which at the time Seem totally wrong and then seem like the smartest/schrewdest move...

Problem is sometimes he tries this once too many times...

ITs good
cause it makes us very unpredictable and gives the opposition coach a headache to say the least.........

but sometimes you have to be able to balance it with commen sense.....

I can't say I didn't want the game to go to finals
I knew we had the better GKP
I knew we had the better penalty takers....

I believe in the saying
'History will repeat itself'
(Beating AJax on Spot kicks we could do it again on Spot kicks)

Every Juve player who stepped up I expected them to score...
Altough I didn't quite understand the logic between some of the choices....

But Relying on Lippi's superior experience and skill in this matter I refused to doubt!

And So I was let down 3 times...
Altough letting Treze shoot the first?!
ANd letting Zalayeta shoot at all is crazy!

Both
Tachi, Conte (who was Fresh) and Thuram are better takers...

Zambrotta I think is the absolute worse pk taker
since his shoot is really strong but his precesion is next to nothing... I have seen his crosses sail 4 meters over and 12 to the side.... not to mention his shooting......

tam-tam

May 29, 2003
i think lippi thought that zalayeta was in form. so he played him instead of di vaio.

anyway, i also disagreed with lippi starting tactics. i though when he said he had the tactic and starting eleven in mind before the game, he was going to play out a brilliant one, but turned out he didnt.

also, i think it's a great achievement for a coach to bring a team to 4 finals in a relatively short term. even won 1 too :D. compare fergie who;s been with MU for 14 years is it? and only took them to final once and won once (luckily too last minute goals). lippi is great coach. but he;s only human, he fails sometime. i know 3 finals are quite dissapoiinting. but hey, there'd always the the 4th, 5th, and so on.

May 29, 2003
Zalayeta was in form thats why for sure i dont blame him there but why montero on the left is what i want ot know ? is it a pace thing if so we need to buy a new quick young defender!

why would you change it for a final is the only thing i would like to know.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
To be honest they didn't seem hungry enough to want to win, Pavel was missed badly and when Davids went off they dominated midfield...I really expected to see Milan score as they were the best team last night. Thinking about it today I can't even remember seeing Trez on the pitch!...he was soooo quiet..

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
Oh yes Nina.....the game was fabulous, the atmosphere in manchester was magical...at lunchtime I was out in my Juve top sat in Albert Sqaure drinking lager watching the big screen, got my programme and the funny champions league hat they were giving out...didn't take it off all afternoon....people in work thought we were mad!.....But one thing every woman said.....OH my god these Italians are soooooo handsome!!!!!!!!!!....We didn't wanna go back to work!....They were pumping out the Champions League music and as I work next to Albert Square its all we could hear....great....

today is depressing!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The way you describe that - it reminds me of the Coppa final in Parma last year that I went to (only that was 'slightly' smaller a match of course). Great anticipation, horrible waking up the next day.

The city isn't filled with celebrating Milan fans still, is it? Cause then I feel sorry for you! :down:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Personally, I think the biggest difference between team was not tactical even though Lippi made some obvious blunders but heart of Rino Gatusso. He sure knows how to annoy opposition. Once Davids went off, it was his show.

As for penalties, I am surprisde Ciro didn't take one. Ciro has pretty good penalty taking record, if I recall correctly. Also I don't understand why Italian teams stick to traditional way of setting penalty lineup, making the last taker the best. Del Piero should have taken the first one, and I think it would eased the team had he scored.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
I hope not Erik, I'm going on my lunch in 5 minutes....but I haven't seen any fans around this morning....I'll just snarl at them!

anyway the good news is my cats loved the champions League hat, Gucci the baby curled up in it last night and went to sleep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)