CL Final: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Ramos

• Modric

• Di Maria

• Marcelo

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Galactico's failed financially despite selling lots of merchandise and winning the CL.
here is a link to their '12/13 financial report. please point out how they failed financially.
http://www.realmadrid.com/socios/carnet-de-socio/informes-anuales

their sponsorship and commercial activities, ticket revenues are all correlated with their star players. they get nearly €40m from friendlies alone because of star appeal, I doubt Juve get €4m from friendlies. owner's equity increased from around €30 million when the Galactico project started to over €300m now. They make profits every year, very few clubs even manage to break-even.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Agree, and last year we did, this year we didn't.
Shit can happen, next year better.
It's not like they wanted to go out in the groupstage, things just didn't work out this year.
:tup:

I really wonder if anyone will ever break that 102 point record. Its secondhighest in europe, after celtics 103.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I never said it wasn't. You, Klin and a lot of other members comes with snide remarks about our club, just like you did before, cause you assume everyone of us believe we just were unlucky.
Why take it personally, these remarks are obviously directed towards certain opinions around here.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It is, but when we dont make it, a recordbreaking serie a title, is a very good alternative
Sorry Zach, but it doesn't work that way. Destroying pathetic opposition and racking up a highly impressive points tally doesn't mark our abysmal failure in Europe. I'm very happy that we managed to win Serie A foe a 3rd conseuctive season, but if we win the title again next season and fail in Europe, I honestly wouldn't give two shits.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Agree, and last year we did, this year we didn't.
Shit can happen, next year better.
It's not like they wanted to go out in the groupstage, things just didn't work out this year.
Consistency is important though. We can't reach the QF one year, and then crash out of the group stage the next. Juventus kinda remind me of Italy in international competitions. Either they go far, or they are miserable.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Jukazem :tup:
Madrid are the most profitable among top clubs in Europe.There's no way you can say they failed financially.They have been king in this aspect ever since the late 90s.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Atletico Madrid can reach the final, so could Juventus.

We suck because of our football, not because of money.
Not the same thing. We are not a club that will run the model that Atletico does. Sell all our best players for a profit after 1 or 2 years, and rely on hit or miss scouting to identify the next big thing. That means hit or miss success. It means, not even qualifying for UCL sometimes for a few years straight. I'd hope we're in a position within the next few years to be a contender for the title each and every year, and one does not do this running their club on the Atletico--Borussia model. The comparison does not work.

However, our current squad should surely be capable of making a QF, and with an improvement or two, a SF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)