..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
all I can say we deserve to lose they deserve to win

we just was awful? would we win with Conte on the left and Zalayta ?
and Trez should be out for Di vaio (he also is bad)

we are JUVENTUS the BEST CLUB IN ITALIY dont have playmaker no natural leftwing no leftback no subs for anyone ?

look at milan what they have

do we suposed to win aginst Rui, Seed, Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Sheva...etc

I believe that Milan won not because they have great coach but because they have great players

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juv_10 ] ++
all I can say we deserve to lose they deserve to win

we just was awful? would we win with Conte on the left and Zalayta ?
and Trez should be out for Di vaio (he also is bad)

we are JUVENTUS the BEST CLUB IN ITALIY dont have playmaker no natural leftwing no leftback no subs for anyone ?

look at milan what they have

do we suposed to win aginst Rui, Seed, Nesta, Maldini, Pirlo, Sheva...etc

I believe that Milan won not because they have great coach but because they have great players
Milan won because of something called luck. Maybe they deserve it, maybe not, but the same way that Montero, Zalayeta and Trezeguet were unlucky with their penos, Serginho or Shevchenko could have been unlucky. Luck was just on Milan's side today :down:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am not sure if getting to the final and losing is an achievement becos it is not and once again we come in as favorites and then turn up a very disappointing display, Id rahter have lost in the quarters personally as there are no time for losers in the finals as the song says

Every defender on show should be proud of his performance on both sides as they were all magnificent and Buffon was just magnificent, not deserving to be on the losing side

As a spectacle it was fine for 75 minutes then detoriated into absolute rubbish as they age old Italian fear took over

Nedved was a huge loss but even if he played we probbaly would still have lost on penalties but he is going to be hailed as the person who would have brought the cup and that can only be good for his reputation

Davids was brilliant and his going off was a huge blow

Conte was superb and surprised me with his performance

Tacchinardi was not impressive imo and offered little going forward and probably his worst game in a while

Zambrotta started very well but faded badly as the game wore on

Dp was alright nothing spectacular as the world was hoping he and sheva will light up the day , he did not give the ball away as some are suggesting and its not easy playing in a team where you are on the same wavelength with nobody, what he lacked in inspiration he gave in team performance and I wont really fault him

Now to our spectacular failures

Di Vaio, some are saying he should have played but he was given ample time to shine against Regianna and Chievo and he blew it so Lippi cannot be blamed, for me should be sold

Zalayeta is not of the highest class but he did score twice against Chievo so he put himself in the running for cl final place which he was terrible

Trez, never have i seen forward perform as miserably as Trez did, cannot hold up the ball, cannot link play, movement is abysmal and in the first seconds when Davids and Dp combined beautifully all he had to do was pass the ball back to Dp and we might have been 1 goal up in secs but he could not control and thats how his night continued

Camoranesi very slow, very hesistant, worst player to start a counter attack with as he is so slow and has been disappointing this year, very luck to start and very wise to take him off

Its sad to lose to a Milan side which on the day were better but far from being the best team in Europe and to think we lost to 10 men as roque jr was out and i was surprised Lippi did not employ zambrotta to go there and cause them probs

Penalties are a lottery we all know that and Montero at least voluntered to take it which shows heart but to play the ball to dida who had dived before montero took his kick is incredible

Milan has won the cup and just winning one game in 90 minutes in thier last 6 encounters

This game will not have impressed Spain or England and rightfully so

Well the season has ended like a damp squib to me, would have prefered it if we won scudetto on the last day

Congrats to Seedorf 3 cl for 3 teams, Maldini,Sheva, Inzaghi, Sheva and costacurta

The only good thing that has come out is that we need to upgrade this team as there is a distinct lack of technical know how whilst Seedorf, Costa, Pirlo, Sheva are comfortable with the ball, our lot act like the ball is like ahot potato in the mouth and try to get rid of it far too quickly
Btw Gatusso was absolutely magnificent and his endless pursue of the player with position was an example to all
Ps ma I the only one who noticed that the referee in the second half to the end of extra time gave every single decision to Milan, strange that as there wasa time Nesta tripped Zala and instead of being booked and giving us a free kick he gave us just a corner and too many little things were awarded to Milan
Incidentally this may be last post in a while if not ever and I would like to take the opportunity to thank all and sundry on here and wish you all the best in life and its been a pleasure to know you all

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Del Piero wasn't good. He lost the ball and he didn't create anything. Granted he had poor service but if there's any good time to step up to the plate (like Sheva did), this is the time. And he just could have done more out of the few chances he had than he did. Not to be cruel, but Pippo made more out of his.
Also Pippo didn't do that mutch.
I didn't see nobody as "the man of the match". Was just an "anonimous" match. Shame 4 Neddy cause he is the one who can make the difference in Juve, Del Piero and Trezeguet depend on him and his services, that's why is useless to blame them, we really lost the match in the moment in which Pavel got that damn red card :down:
Milan was not so amazing too, it was not impossible to win in the 90 minutes.
Anycase... is too late...

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
I know luck is apart from that but could you compare between Sheva and Zalayta, or Montero and Sergingho in (I mean in take PK)

I knew it that Trez and Zayal and Montero ganna waste them from their faces

DP should do the first one

BTW when I said we deserve to lose and they deserve to win I meant as players they are far away better than us
they have talent players in every place with their subs

mate

Aug 28, 2002
05/28/2003. Buffon 7-A fantastic save in the first half denied Inzaghi a sure goal. Confident throughout the match, did what he could during the penalty kick lottery.

Thuram 6-Slowly improved throughout the match, but the French star is usally something else, something better.

Tudor 5-Always in difficulty until he was forced to leave the pitch through injury.

Ferrara 6,5-Juve didn't lose because of their defense.

Montero 6,5-See Ferrara.

Camoranesi 4-Taken off at the end of the first half; don't be surprised to see him leave the Old Lady during the summer.

Tacchinardi 5,5-His offensive performance was very poor. Better when he helped on defense.

Davids 6,5-When he limped off, Juve's midfield collapsed.

Zambrotta 7-The only Juve player that confirmed the superb performance they produced against Real Madrid.

Trezeguet 4,5-The worst match since he moved to Juve.

Del Piero 5-The captain seemed the man seen in the final of EURO 2000...

SUBS

Conte 6-Started off well when he came on at the start of the second half, but slowly disappeared.

Birindelli 6-A diligent match.

Zalayeta 5-Little or nothing.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Camoranesi 4-Taken off at the end of the first half; don't be surprised to see him leave the Old Lady during the summer.
That's crap. Soccerage is one of the worst sites for soccer coverage, and they show it with statements like this. A 4? Okay, he didn't do much, but he didn't nothing to hurt them.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++

That's crap. Soccerage is one of the worst sites for soccer coverage, and they show it with statements like this. A 4? Okay, he didn't do much, but he didn't nothing to hurt them.
Camo sucked... I'm sorry 4 that but it's the truth.
He was brillant at the beginning of the season, but now I hardly reconize him :down:
It's also possible that all the contract problems he is having are damaging him, he doesn't feel the confident.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Camoranesi very slow, very hesistant, worst player to start a counter attack with as he is so slow and has been disappointing this year, very luck to start and very wise to take him off
And if Juventus aren't able to buy him outright from Verona this summer, I'll be very disappointed. If you call the him dissapointing, that's unblievable. Luck had nothing to do with his start, skill on the other hand did.

Definitely a player that needs to stay at Juventus.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
Definitely a player that needs to stay at Juventus.
On this I'm agree, he has the skill and he schowed it in many occasions, but today he sucked... we cannot deny the evidence...

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
man.......... it stings but true: we ain't the CL champions. maybe this one of the worst and the most boring finals in years. damn we really missed neddy and i hope this an eye opener, because we ****ing need more STARS and i don't care what u think but we won't get a chance like this every year. DAMN.....8 finals only 2 cups

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Incidentally this may be last post in a while if not ever and I would like to take the opportunity to thank all and sundry on here and wish you all the best in life and its been a pleasure to know you all
that so sad even more than our lose :down: (what a day)

for me you are the best here and I always wait to see your posts :down: :down: :down:

any way good luck denco and the best wishs for you :thumb:

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

On this I'm agree, he has the skill and he schowed it in many occasions, but today he sucked... we cannot deny the evidence...
Again, I saw nothing that he did that hurt Juventus today. It didn't help them, but no one did.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Oh my,,,,this was a real hell in the bianconero pizzaplace where i saw juve games. Everyone was so sad!!! The owner of the restaurant was crying!!! i was so depressed too.

Well, in the game.....

The first half was totally for milan, they did a god job, with a very good ball dominion. They were teaching to juve how to pass the ball. Because we were very innacurated. Something that helped juve was tudor´s injury, because birindelli stopped sheva for the rest of the game (sheva was killng montero). Camoranesi, well, what can i say? a very poor performance,, just the pass to delpiero, but nothing more, i really dont know what will happen to him in juve.

In the second half.....someone that i was not specting entered...conte. He surprisingly changed our play, and juve started to maintain the ball on the ground, because this was our big problem in the first half.
Now, the first lippi´s error....zalayeta in, davids out. Ok, this was because he was injured,,,and we were searching for a goal, but why zalayeta??. In that moment divaio was the man,,because he can at least pass the ball (things that treze and zala have problems).

Ok.....Juve dominated mainly in the second half. In the extratime, We were playing better than milan, because they were very tired, and with a injured player in the field (roke junior). But we didnt used that advantage, sadly.

In the pks.....that was the second lippi´s fault. He choose montero and zalayeta to kick (but mainly montero was a wrong decition, cuz sala is a striker).

Im personally upset with trezeguet, because, he is a good striker yeah, but he depends to much on his friends, he can create oor even pass the ball, and that first penalty twisted everything.

Im not so sad...because we lost for our own mistakes, and not for milan was better, Now is time to look for reinforcements in certain areas.

Now we must look forward, to the suppercoppa italiana, and continue supporting juve!!! =).

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
OK, my turn:
I'm disappointed. I knew that Juve wouldn't be quite the same without Neddy but I was hoping they could pull their stuff together just once. Buffon was masterful, generally, and without him I'm sure things would have gone pear-shaped a lot quicker.
Trez is such a liability. Occasionally he does pull togther something nice, but he has no vision and just doesn't mesh well with DP anymore. His PK was a joke.
DP I thought did pretty well. He wasn't as good as I expected but he is certainly not the responsible party. (And how badly I wanted to rake Nesta for making him bleed!)
PKs go either way, so with the exception of Trez's I think most people did all they could. I'm not sure about the choice of Montero though, that was a tactial blunder IMHO.
Defence was pretty good. Did a great job as far as neutralising Pippo and Sheva went (generally anyways).
Midfield was a bit of a shambles, personally speaking. I can't number how many times I yelled at Davids to GIVE THE FREAKING BALL TO SOMEONE ELSE. Maybe he has an aim in mind with his holding, but so often he lost possession and came across to me as selfish.
Anyways, the boys did well to get there, and even though it was a bit of a joke, they made it through to the end without Neddy. Not well, not gracefully, not convincingly, but they did.

Speaking of Neddy, SA says that he threw a bit of a fit after the match :down:

My final random thought - Tudor is really tall and DP is really small. Just something I noticed :)

Today I wear my Juve shirt to uni because I am proud anyway.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
Speaking of Neddy, SA says that he threw a bit of a fit after the match :down:

Today I wear my Juve shirt to uni because I am proud anyway.
I dont understand this...what this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)