..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Conte for Camo . This decision made my eyebrows raise a bit. I was a little concerned , but accepted Lippi's decision.

Zala for Davids ??? Was Di Vaio hurt ?? What was the basis of this obviously well thought out decision ?? WAS IT TO LOSE THE GAME ???!!! Well VILLAGE IDIOT MARCELO, IT DEFINETLY PLAYED A GOOD PART !!! We also found out that Zala doesnt know how to take pk's
You're too harsh with Lippi, a manager who's decisions have brought us every year (except last year) to a european final. I was a bit concerned about Conte's sub, but it proved a good sub as thanks to that, our midfield took over Milan's midfield and we created more chances.

Zala's sub was good too. Davids got injured and since it was the last sub, we needed a striker, and between one that hasn't scored in 3/4 and another who scored 3 goals in the last 2 games, Lippi obviously opted for the latter one. Also the fact that Zala is stronger and therefore can hold the ball better for the team to go up and attack was probably another factor. Unluckily this tactic did not work out, even though theoretically it was a good idea.

Lippi's questionable decision making goes back to the Barca game. We were DAMN LUCKY to come away with the win, but some of you guys thought he was a genius for the personnel decisions and tactics he used.
What is so lucky about a guy who makes a good decision? So why isn't he unlucky when he loses? In a one legged final, it's the players who make the game not the coach. Surely enough Montero's LB position is questionable, but I trust Lippi had a good reason to do so.

People should stop complaining about our coach, but more on the players who did not deliver.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Thought I'd share my story and pics!

I left for Manchester at 11am in the morning and we arrived there at 2pm where we stayed at Piccadilly Gardens cos there was some nice activities around. It was so hot that even at the stadium I stayed with just a t-shirt on - oh by the, I packed my bag with all the things I needed, yet I forgot my Juve shirt When the time arrived, we went for the metrolink and arrived at Old Trafford. The gates were opened at around 6:50pm and we had to go up 170 steps which I didn't mind. The view was excellent, though the seats were a bit crammy. My section had both Juve and Milan fans, but also many utd fans who came in the stadium with their shirts on. It was great fun watching and hearing the opposing fans insulting each other from one side of the ground to the other. After the match we went straight to the station and stayed there till the 4:30 train arrived; loads of people opted for the same trip as us, and although there were many opposing fans and no police after midnight, there were no problems whatsoever.

About the game, I can't say I was surprised they lost, as I had predicted so even on here. Milan were clearly more motivated to win it, even though Juve did have the motivations to win it after losing the last 2 finals. I did not entirely understand Lippi's LB decision for Montero as he clearly does not have the same pace of Shevcenko. Anyway I never doubt Lippi's tactical decisions as you can't really doubt a man who reached 4 CL and 1 Uefa Cup final + 5 Serie A titles and won all the trophies there are to win in 6 seasons (both in europe and in italy). Still the defence held better when Tudor got injured and Montero went back to the middle.

I guess this game was a bit of a summary of the whole season with 2 players getting injured during the game and having to be substituted. The other substitution (Camoranesi) was a good one as he could not get into the game - I bet he'll be transferred now.

Milan controlled the first half, but Juve started better in the 2nd with some good pressure in the first 15 mins culminating with Conte's post. Davids injury slowed down the midfield and left us with no technical player over there, so even less creativity. I understand Zalayeta's entry, as he scored 3 goals in the past 2 games so he's been on form. If no injuries had occured, I would have substituted Del Piero with Di Vaio, but we had no changes left.

I feel sorry for Lippi as now he said that if doesn`t win the CL next season, he'll resign; it's tough being with an important team as you are obliged to win, or else...

Personally I think Del Piero, Camoranesi and Zalayeta should be sold as they're not Juve players.

Oh yeah, I'm disappointed and gutted and well even though Milan played the better on Wednesday, they are not the better team. But as I said before, episodes make a final and not always the best team wins. Juve have always lost whenever they were the favourites to win it (Hamburg, Dortmund, Real and now Milan) but won it whenever they were the underdogs (Liverpool and Ajax).

At least it wasn't Inter we lost to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)