..::CL FINAL::.. Juventus - Milan (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
Hello all, i'm new here. I',m a 99% Rossonero supporter, 1% Juve. There's just something about how well your illustrious club is run, that draws me to it. Juve has a reputation for a strong work ethic, launching young homwgrown talent, and serious competitiveness in all competitions.

With a great CL final fast approaching, I just wanted to share some perspectives about how things may unfold.

1. If a Rossonero claims that Nedved's (unfortunate) exclusion is meaningless, that's a flat out lie. I am somewhat disappointed that a referee could book a player under such circumstances. Pavel was going to be Milan's biggest problem, and with camo in his place Lippi is now forced to reinvent attacking schemes in a Juve midfield that now has to rely on hard work (davids & tacchinardi) and less flair.

A midfield like the one AC Milan has now is going to have to be suffocated, and that means not conceding too much space..if Juve are to stand a chance. Something everyone knows... I expect to see a Juve side working both flanks, and Thuram & Biri joining the attack whenever an opportunity presents itself, the defensive attitudes of your central midfield should make Montero and Ferrara feel more at ease whenever this happens though.

I wouldn't be surpised if Thuram was moved to the centre oif defence though, because that's one are where you need a little bit more pace. i say this because I know the characteristics of the Shevchenko/Inzaghi pairing very well. Sheva will gravitate towards the wings to pick up the ball every now and then, while Pippo will simply set up a camp as close the buffon's goal as possible.

Del Piero is impossible to shut down, but there might be a man on him. It's nothing to worry about, because he's an extremely versatile players and over the years i have seen him perform a number of roles quite convincingly. Alex will probably pick the ball up from deepin the midfield and seek to launch Trez. it's hard to find any weaknesses in the Milan defense right now, although i would feel a whole lot better if Dida replaced Abbiati.

On paper, I think Milan have a slight edge going into this match. This is a team that is slightly less consistent than Juve, but play there are a number of players that get very pumped up on big occassions. Beating Bayern twice, and outclassing Real Madrid earlier this seasonis evidence of that. Our defeat at the Delle Alpi earlier this season really hurt the team psychologically, but the team has started to gather momentum again as everyone can see.

Against Inter, despite the scorline, there was only really one team in that game, except for the end, when our nerves got a bit shaky. They seemed bent on stopping us from playing, rather than going all out and taking their chances. Many milan players wanted Real in the final because those Spaniards leave so many parts of the pitch exposed. Against Juve, we might see a couple of tactical surprises because Serginho's introduction really transforms the team's style and tempo.

Anyway, having said all this, I expect milan to seize the initiative early in the game. This is a squad that either gets into the game from the word GO, or just doesn't play well at all. They are not very good at managing leads and are so arrogant that they always try to impose their own game.

After the Winter break, Juve came out firing on all cylinders, while milan dropped to another level as it tried to make the Sheva Inzaghi partnership work. As far as this partnership goes, the jury is still out.

Anyway, this promises to be a exciting battle and may the best team win.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
nice post Milanese , but be sure that with or without Pavel u'll find a great Juve side not surrendering for the ref's final wistle , but i'd rather confess that nedved's absence have much negative impact on our mid , but it's the final & all our players will go out & give their 200% to take the cup to Turin - the capital of italian football.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Interesting post walu, and welcome to the forums, but as Huzi said, even without Nedved, Milan will meet a very determined Juve side and things will be by no means easy for you. Hopefully Lippi gets his tactics right, and no one gets sent off. Forza Juve!

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
Can anyone tell me which games during this seasons that juve played without nedved, and what was the results and tactics Lippi used.

Thanks.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I really think we should try out a supporting duo behind Trez, or even a 4-2-3-1!
Buffon
Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Birindelli
Tacchinardi, Davids
Zambrotta, Del Piero, Di Vaio
Trezeguet

With Del Piero and Di Vaio always coming into the middle, we could make it! I think we can play only from the left, as this is the weakest link! A quick player like Di Vaio will be deadly for Milan!
GIVE DI VAIO A CHANCE!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Enjoy your time Zizou at Manchester .. I hope you celebrate after the match too ;) Anyway, we will be waiting for details upon your arrival :cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Enjoy your time Zizou at Manchester .. I hope you celebrate after the match too ;) Anyway, we will be waiting for details upon your arrival :cool:
Yup, you're not getting off the hook easily :D

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
Juventus striker Marco Di Vaio could step in for the suspended Pavel Nedved in the Champions League final against Milan.

Mauro Camoranesi, the man earmarked to replace Nedved, had a poor match in the Bianconeri's defeat to Reggina at the weekend, and looked totally out of shape.

Coach Marcello Lippi is now thinking of putting Di Vaio in his side, and therefore moving Alessandro Del Piero back to play behind the front two.

SA Italy

Hmmm well even if Di Vaio plays, i believe he will be fielded on the left side, like some other matches in the past. And it makes sense, considering Nedved played at a "leftish" role.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
What has Di Vaio showed lately ???

Besides 1 good move in the Perugia game, I cannot remember.

If anyone else can remember, please let me know !!!!!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i personally think Camo would be better, but when he's off form, all he does is stumble...it's a tough choice concidering that Camo didn't play too well vs. Reggina

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Cheers :D I`ll obviously have pictures that I shall scan. Do you guys know if I am allowed to take in my digital video camera? Or is not allowed?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Cheers :D I`ll obviously have pictures that I shall scan. Do you guys know if I am allowed to take in my digital video camera? Or is not allowed?
Well I've been taking my camera to CL matches here and there, never had any problems with it. But I don't know if a video camera is the optimal thing, I mean filming in the crowd? :confused:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Di Vaio plays then I think that he should play on the left side because moving Del Piero out of his position at striker is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)