CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (95 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Well i guess you gotta add a third donkey to you price.
Answer the damend question correctly how on earth is Zalayeta better than Mutu?
How can your answer be, they are both the same but Zalayeta has been there longer?
What in the world does that mean?.
It's quite obvious he has no clue what he's talking about. Whatever Capello does he follows along like a little puppy and tries to win arguments by talking down to the other poster. Not worth your time with him, Dennis.

I have seen posters like Andy say, he does well with an average squad, well Andy, buddy, this are the people he is comfortable with, you give a squad like Barcelona , Milan or Chelsea and he would screw them up , as the likes of Vieri will get a game for sure but will Pirlo, no way
Do you think he will play the likes of Xavi, Deco at Barcelona?
Well back in the 90's we saw what Capello did with a squad filled with world class talents such as Savicevic, Papin, Boban, Baggio, etc and he only won the Champions League once during his reign. So I'm not sure how you could come to the conclusion that if Capello was at Chelsea he would not be a good manager...he might screw up the careers of some players but with their squads he would get the job done. Those clubs have enough resources to play the mechanic Capello football and at the expense of more talented players and more intriuiging performances he will win anyway.

Maybe not at Barca because that club is just amazingly talented. It would be interesting to see how the Catalans would welcome him to their club...I could just see Capello fielding a midfield four of Guily, Edmilson, Marquez, and Gabri while leaving Deco, Xavi and others on the bench. What a joke that would be and I'm sure thousands of Barca supporters would turn into more irate versions of Denco.

Hell, even I'm mad at Capello for using the same formulas every single match.

Capello, great coach serieA
But an also-ran in Europe, I mean Del Bosque has 2 for goodness sakes.
Unless he changes his stupid way of thinking then we are not winning this competition, even if with the players we have, we have a great chance
I have said it time and time again...this Juventus is seemingly too machine-like and static to continually cause other top clubs problems. For some matches Capello's mentality will work, however at some point it will not, just like against Liverpool. And from this Brugge match we have seen what Capello's formulas look like...cant say I'm entirely happy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I still do not understand this "Zlatan is selfish" argument. He works hard for the team and even though he holds on to the ball for long periods of time he still makes good passes and creates space for other attackers. I do not ever recall hearing the second leading assister on a team is selfish...never. Just doesn't add up.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I still do not understand this "Zlatan is selfish" argument. He works hard for the team and even though he holds on to the ball for long periods of time he still makes good passes and creates space for other attackers. I do not ever recall hearing the second leading assister on a team is selfish...never. Just doesn't add up.
The Lee Iacocca commercial with your av is classic :D

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Andy and Denco, My respects for your posts I agree 100 % with you guys...

I want to clarify something... I really think Zlatan is a great player, he still has alot to give, and that is amazing, if you see how he plays know... he has been playing great with Juve (expect for the first game)..

I don't have anything against him... the person that Im against is Capello, cause I do agree with Andy and Denco when they say that Capello is biased for tall players... I also agree that Mutu and DP should get his chance to play and that they would have been great against Empoli and Brudges...

I also think that this hole "give Zalayeta the node before Mutu becouse he has been longer" is pure crap, if this was truethen Del Piero should be the one playing not Zalayeta, just like Andy said.

Peace.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Selfish in the sense that he wants the limelight so bad and he's trying every trick in his repertoire (often without much success) because he wants to impress so bad. Instead, what he could do to be a better team player is move the ball around faster before he loses it, less of those me-against-the-world sequences and more team play. Obviously he has considerable skill so making simpler plays would see his succcess rate go up quite a bit and it would make our attacks more efficient as well.

If you wanna compare him to someone then I'd pick Camoranesi. Also very skillful but not as hungry for the ball over long periods of time, he releases it quickly and the play is more dynamic. He doesn't just receive the ball, completely stop and wait for opponents to circle him, just because he wants to show off. And he's Argentine to boot. :D

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Andy and Denco, My respects for your posts I agree 100 % with you guys...

I want to clarify something... I really think Zlatan is a great player, he still has alot to give, and that is amazing, if you see how he plays know... he has been playing great with Juve (expect for the first game)..

I don't have anything against him... the person that Im against is Capello, cause I do agree with Andy and Denco when they say that Capello is biased for tall players... I also agree that Mutu and DP should get his chance to play and that they would have been great against Empoli and Brudges...

I also think that this hole "give Zalayeta the node before Mutu becouse he has been longer" is pure crap, if this was truethen Del Piero should be the one playing not Zalayeta, just like Andy said.

Peace.
Great Post !

May 4, 2004
Great Post !

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

I've always said that Zlatan is a young talented player.....And I respect him alot, tho, I started to dislike him.....

What I have against Zlatan has also something to do with Capello...When he's not performing good, he's always playing....and I actually hate it....

Another thing, you can say I'm exagerrating or whatever, But I've never seen such a Selfish player like Zlatan...NEVER.....

We all admit that he got such a good quick feet and that he can dribble and I'm happy to have such a talent in the team ...I actually don't hate him, and I can never hate a Juve player...Never...It's just that I want to see him treated like others in this Squad, in this great team....

oh and another thing, I can teach Zlatan how to finish a ball.......
:touched:

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

I was so happy the first time as I found this forum, but I did not expect that juve fans are so unfair to our players. give zlatan some time, he is allready good, and he will be soon world class.
Yeah its a shame.. and the DP fans (some of them) know that Zlatan is a great player, but the reason why they say he SUCKs and he is selfish and bad and stuff, is because he is in the starting 11 and DP isent, but why hate Zlatan? he isent the coach, he isent the one choosing to bench DP!

anyway, this will never be good, untill DP will retire or something els happends, because even if he leaves juve in january, they will still say its Zlatan's foult that DP is gone, even if its not, its Moggi's-Capello's fault.. anyway, maybe it's better if DP leaves... who knows...

Forza THIS TEAM!! NOT SOME OF THE PLAYERS!!!! FFS !!!!!!!!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

spot on .... as the bench attackers will get little chances this season then if they made the best of those little opportunities then capello would be convinced to play themm on more.
Capello is convinced with the current situation of the attack , and they are doing great together than WHY SHOULD HE CHANGE THEM??Mutu played in the empoli game and didnt convince capello so then he doesnt have to upset his system?
i think that everyone will get his chance and the question is are they going to make the best of those opportunities.
They will have to do their best to convince capello and do their best.

I dont know why ppl here are really bashing capello and calling him names.I think everyone needs to show a little respect he is the coach of this team like or not... and he is here to stay.
:thumb:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Juve_Kosova, I will make sure to ask Marty to add a rating funtion to every post just for you to use it, it will make your job easier.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Selfish in the sense that he wants the limelight so bad and he's trying every trick in his repertoire (often without much success) because he wants to impress so bad. Instead, what he could do to be a better team player is move the ball around faster before he loses it, less of those me-against-the-world sequences and more team play. Obviously he has considerable skill so making simpler plays would see his succcess rate go up quite a bit and it would make our attacks more efficient as well.
But holding the ball and running at defenders is perhaps Zlatan's best quailty. When he is running at defenders he is causing them problems and opening space for runs of fellow teammates, something that helps us going forward. Because of his ability to run at defenders and his pure strength opposition defenders have to mark him much tighter and usually two defenders or even three have to rush over to help the first defender contain Ibrahimovic. If one defender does not recieve backup he has a good chance of being beaten by Zlatan, and if he is indeed beaten that means one less defender to have to worry about. Then if two defenders surround Zlatan but he still gets the ball away or beats both of them you have a huge personel advantage in the opposition box, which we have seen time and time again turn into goals.

It does not make sense IMO to make a player stop what he does best even when what he does best could be beneficial for the team. Only Adriano and a couple others cause as much problems for defenses as Zlatan, and he wouldnt be causing problems if does not try to do what he does best. Now I'm not saying he should just try to dribble around everybody, but he should take on defenders and hold the ball when the time is right. When defenders are beaten chances are created.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Great Post !

Great Post !

:touched:

I am now convinced that Vinman is retarded !

Yeah its a shame.. and the DP fans (some of them) know that Zlatan is a great player, but the reason why they say he SUCKs and he is selfish and bad and stuff, is because he is in the starting 11 and DP isent, but why hate Zlatan? he isent the coach, he isent the one choosing to bench DP!

anyway, this will never be good, untill DP will retire or something els happends, because even if he leaves juve in january, they will still say its Zlatan's foult that DP is gone, even if its not, its Moggi's-Capello's fault.. anyway, maybe it's better if DP leaves... who knows...

Forza THIS TEAM!! NOT SOME OF THE PLAYERS!!!! FFS !!!!!!!!

:thumb:
you see?it's very easy to quote them all in one post ;)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

you see?it's very easy to quote them all in one post ;)
The new version (I am pretty sure) will be even easier, amica mia. Next to where it says quote now at the bottom (usually) will be a check box.

If you check 10 posts, they will all show up as quotes. :)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

If you wanna compare him to someone then I'd pick Camoranesi. Also very skillful but not as hungry for the ball over long periods of time, he releases it quickly and the play is more dynamic. He doesn't just receive the ball, completely stop and wait for opponents to circle him, just because he wants to show off. And he's Argentine to boot. :D
very good point martin.. comparing ibra to camo is very good.
but u cant compare them as much is becuz ibra just has more space to show off his skills.Camo gets forward and defends so he spends alot of time absolutely surrounded by players in the midfield.So he doesnt have that much time.
i think if camo had the chance to show off his skills he would do that. every player who has skills would do it, i dont think its extra selfeshness of anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)