CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (22 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rainforest Liu ] ++
Fabio Capello introduces Juventus opening Champions League encounter: “The first match is always difficult and it’s fundamental to start well because winning would be a good step forward”.

He’s asked about their opponents: “Like all Belgian clubs, they’re well organized and are hard to play against but we have to and we must be careful and concentrated. Club Brugge are good at playing high balls as they have tall players and have good technical qualities so we’ll have to get on the pitch with humility. It’s true that some of our players are not available for injury but we have a good squad and I’m sure that the substitutes will live up to expectations. Portillo? I remember Buffon once countering him when he was playing at Fiorentina, he was dangerous at Real Madrid and very skilful in the penalty area”.

The Bianconeri boss does not give any anticipation about the line-up. To face Pessotto’s injury, Capello says there might be some changes of role or the introduction of players like Balzaretti or Blasi. As a whole, the squad is in a good shape: “Our team this year is complete and we can handle several absences and injuries. We’ve all matured and we’re confident about our possibilities”.
We already played, don't you get it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
The media loves Zlatan, big surprise :rolleyes:
all real juventini love zlatan. I have been waiting to see such a player at juve for years. It is time to see great football at juve and not only from real barca or (milan?)

Apr 26, 2004
A fantastic Juventus dominates Champions League’s first match of this season and leaves Bruges with three precious points thanks to goals by Nedved and Trezeguet, who achieves the 100th goal wearing the Bianconeri outfit. The supremacy of Capello’s side shows from the beginning, as proven by the seven scoring occasions in twenty minutes’ time. The first occurs after 2 minutes with Ibrahimovic, but his cross pass ends slightly wide of the post. On 6’ minutes, Nedved’s fine shot, after an assist by the Swede, ends past the post. Two minutes later, Vieira makes way to Ibrahimovic who serves Nedved; the latter’s shot is cleared by goalkeeper Stijnen, who’s in a great shape and it shows on 9’ minutes, when he saves Trezeguet’s shot from a very good position, on 11’ minutes clearing Zambrotta’s attempt on goal from the distance, on 17’ minutes counteracting Ibrahimovic and finally with Trezeguet. On 27’ minutes, Vieira assists Trezeguet whose cross shot ends wide of the target. After 36 minutes, it’s Trezegol again who, after a cross shot from Blasi, hits the top corner of the goal. Club Brugge suffer and try to react in the small room conceded like on 20’ minutes when De Cock’s header ends out or on 31’ minutes when, after a corner shot kicked by Balaban, Zambrotta clears a tricky ball on the goal line. In the final minutes into the first half, Trezeguet’s attempt on goal is cleared and kicked back by goalkeeper Stijnen.

The second half starts with unchanged line-up’s on both sides but Club Brugge replace Portillo with Blondel after 7 minutes. Capello’s squad pushes from the start with Zambrotta first, whose finish ends wide of the goalposts, then with Ibrahimovic who steals the ball from De Cock in the corner area, then he gets into the box but his shot is high over the bar. Brugge try to hit back on 12’ minutes with Vermant but the ball ends past the post. The deserved advantage for the Bianconeri comes on 21’ minutes into the second half when Nedved beats Stijnen with a perfect free kick (0-1). Juventus, still in control of the game, double the score on 30’ minutes: Camoranesi serves Trezeguet whose volley beats Stijnen. It’s the 100th goal for Trezeguet in his Juventus career, which gives him a place among the best strikers of all times. Our warehouseman Franco Monetta, on the sideline, shows a T-shirt made especially for the occasion. The third goal may come but Ibrahimovic is countered on the goalline. In the final minutes of the match, Club Brugge, in a fit of pride, react scoring with Yulu Matondo and creating some occasions in front of the Bianconeri’s goal. The match ends with Vieira being sent off after his second yellow card.

BRUGGE vs JUVENTUS 1-2
GOALS: 21’sh Nedved, 30’sh Trezeguet, 40’sh Yulu Matondo
BRUGES: Stijnen; Spilar, Maertens, Valgaeren (29’sh Simoes De Oliveira); De Cock, Vermant (39’sh Leko), Englebert, Vanaudenaerde; Yulu Matondo, Portillo (7’sh Blondel), Balaban. Coach: Ceulemans. Substitutes: Verbauwhede, Dufer, Serebrennikov, Leko, Roelandts.
JUVENTUS: Abbiati, Blasi, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi (90’ Giannichedda), Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Trezeguet (90’sh Zalayeta), Ibrahimovic. Coach: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Chiellini, Del Piero, Mutu, Giannichedda, Zalayeta, Gladstone.
REFEREE: Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spagna)
YELLOW CARDS: 41’fh Vieira, 20’sh Spilar, 32’sh Kovac, 34’sh Nedved
SENT OFF: 44’sh Vieira for double yellow cards

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A fantastic Juventus dominates Champions League’s first match of this season and leaves Bruges with three precious points thanks to goals by Nedved and Trezeguet, who achieves the 100th goal wearing the Bianconeri outfit. The supremacy of Capello’s side shows from the beginning, as proven by the seven scoring occasions in twenty minutes’ time. The first occurs after 2 minutes with Ibrahimovic, but his cross pass ends slightly wide of the post. On 6’ minutes, Nedved’s fine shot, after an assist by the Swede, ends past the post. Two minutes later, Vieira makes way to Ibrahimovic who serves Nedved; the latter’s shot is cleared by goalkeeper Stijnen, who’s in a great shape and it shows on 9’ minutes, when he saves Trezeguet’s shot from a very good position, on 11’ minutes clearing Zambrotta’s attempt on goal from the distance, on 17’ minutes counteracting Ibrahimovic and finally with Trezeguet. On 27’ minutes, Vieira assists Trezeguet whose cross shot ends wide of the target. After 36 minutes, it’s Trezegol again who, after a cross shot from Blasi, hits the top corner of the goal. Club Brugge suffer and try to react in the small room conceded like on 20’ minutes when De Cock’s header ends out or on 31’ minutes when, after a corner shot kicked by Balaban, Zambrotta clears a tricky ball on the goal line. In the final minutes into the first half, Trezeguet’s attempt on goal is cleared and kicked back by goalkeeper Stijnen.

The second half starts with unchanged line-up’s on both sides but Club Brugge replace Portillo with Blondel after 7 minutes. Capello’s squad pushes from the start with Zambrotta first, whose finish ends wide of the goalposts, then with Ibrahimovic who steals the ball from De Cock in the corner area, then he gets into the box but his shot is high over the bar. Brugge try to hit back on 12’ minutes with Vermant but the ball ends past the post. The deserved advantage for the Bianconeri comes on 21’ minutes into the second half when Nedved beats Stijnen with a perfect free kick (0-1). Juventus, still in control of the game, double the score on 30’ minutes: Camoranesi serves Trezeguet whose volley beats Stijnen. It’s the 100th goal for Trezeguet in his Juventus career, which gives him a place among the best strikers of all times. Our warehouseman Franco Monetta, on the sideline, shows a T-shirt made especially for the occasion. The third goal may come but Ibrahimovic is countered on the goalline. In the final minutes of the match, Club Brugge, in a fit of pride, react scoring with Yulu Matondo and creating some occasions in front of the Bianconeri’s goal. The match ends with Vieira being sent off after his second yellow card.

BRUGGE vs JUVENTUS 1-2
GOALS: 21’sh Nedved, 30’sh Trezeguet, 40’sh Yulu Matondo
BRUGES: Stijnen; Spilar, Maertens, Valgaeren (29’sh Simoes De Oliveira); De Cock, Vermant (39’sh Leko), Englebert, Vanaudenaerde; Yulu Matondo, Portillo (7’sh Blondel), Balaban. Coach: Ceulemans. Substitutes: Verbauwhede, Dufer, Serebrennikov, Leko, Roelandts.
JUVENTUS: Abbiati, Blasi, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi (90’ Giannichedda), Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Trezeguet (90’sh Zalayeta), Ibrahimovic. Coach: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Chiellini, Del Piero, Mutu, Giannichedda, Zalayeta, Gladstone.
REFEREE: Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spagna)
YELLOW CARDS: 41’fh Vieira, 20’sh Spilar, 32’sh Kovac, 34’sh Nedved
SENT OFF: 44’sh Vieira for double yellow cards
Did we win the match?? :eek:

Apr 26, 2004
“I have never seen a match like this in Champions League. The final result is incredible if you look at the occasions we had but we still played a great match and I’m much satisfied with it”. The final minutes of the match against Brugge have been breathtaking but Fabio Capello can now enjoy the first win of this year’s Champions League. The Bianconeri have played a masterly match and the goals achieved could have been many more: “Yes, we created many scoring occasions also in the second half but, on the other hand, let’s not forget we were playing against a strong opponent and in an away match. It was unlikely that they would not create their own occasions”. One further reason to celebrate for is the 100th goal scored by Trezeguet in his Juventus career: “I do think it is a deserved achievement. He had many occasions to score during the whole match but he found an excellent goalkeeper, surely the best player of the match”. The night brought another positive fact: the performance of Manuele Blasi, who played a perfect match as a right cornerback: “I think this will be his role, he persuaded me. He’s got the fastness and technique to play in that position. I had already tested him on the right flank and if I placed him there is because I was sure he could do well.”

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have always been torn about Zlatan. Don't quite like the type of player, he's so full of himself. And he does nice things from time to time but he's too selfish.

Apr 26, 2004
“I scored two important goals, probably more important to my International team than to me; after all, I simply did my job. Certainly, netting twice is always good for the mood.”

Adrian Mutu has been one of the protagonists of Germany 2006’s latest qualifications, giving his Romania the win against the Czech Republic; a reassuring sign for coach Capello in view of the match against Empoli on Sunday and the Champions League debut on Wednesday: “Yes, I think I’ve sent a message to the Coach, in a positive sense of course: I’m working well in training and I want to be ready when I’m called upon to play. To be in a top club like Juventus you have to accept the coach’s decisions and I do so without any problem. Maybe in the old days I would take certain decisions differently but I have now realized that if you want to be a champion you have to work for the team’s sake too. I’m feeling good and I’m taking everything with peace of mind and joy; after a long break it’s good to be at the coach’s disposal again, to compete to be part of the first-choice team, to play for the International team… I’m myself again and I’m happy about that.”

Adrian now looks at the challenge against Empoli: “In the last few days, many of us have played with their respective International teams, but there’s no risk we’re relaxing this Sunday. We’re professionals and no matter if the opponent in charge goes under the name of Empoli or Milan as we’ll have to work hard and do our utmost to win. After all, we’ve always respected any opponent we’ve met, facing every match with great determination. This is our strength.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
“I scored two important goals, probably more important to my International team than to me; after all, I simply did my job. Certainly, netting twice is always good for the mood.”

Adrian Mutu has been one of the protagonists of Germany 2006’s latest qualifications, giving his Romania the win against the Czech Republic; a reassuring sign for coach Capello in view of the match against Empoli on Sunday and the Champions League debut on Wednesday: “Yes, I think I’ve sent a message to the Coach, in a positive sense of course: I’m working well in training and I want to be ready when I’m called upon to play. To be in a top club like Juventus you have to accept the coach’s decisions and I do so without any problem. Maybe in the old days I would take certain decisions differently but I have now realized that if you want to be a champion you have to work for the team’s sake too. I’m feeling good and I’m taking everything with peace of mind and joy; after a long break it’s good to be at the coach’s disposal again, to compete to be part of the first-choice team, to play for the International team… I’m myself again and I’m happy about that.”

Adrian now looks at the challenge against Empoli : “In the last few days, many of us have played with their respective International teams, but there’s no risk we’re relaxing this Sunday. We’re professionals and no matter if the opponent in charge goes under the name of Empoli or Milan as we’ll have to work hard and do our utmost to win. After all, we’ve always respected any opponent we’ve met, facing every match with great determination. This is our strength.”
Wow we beat Brugge by skipping the game against Empoli :D

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Again, how is Mutu supposed to earn a place in the team unless he is given an opportunity to do so?
Why should he be given the chance when our attack are doing fine for now... anyway, i hope he get the chance to play, but he must also shine in traning to get Capello to start him in a match... but lets just wait and see, the season is LONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Why should he be given the chance when our attack are doing fine for now...
anyway, i hope he get the chance to play, but he must also shine in traning to get Capello to start him in a match... but lets just wait and see, the season is LONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
This is what ive been saying all along, he just has to wait for his chance and then take it.

Andy wont get it though. Hes like a VCR thats stuck on rewind.:D

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
uhh basicly you can divide it into 3 camps.

1st. The italian camp. They want Del Piero to play because they're biased.
2nd. The Norwegian camp. They hate Swedish players.
3rd. Everyone else.

Some comments here about Zlatan astound me. This is a juve forum right? So why don't we support our players better instead of hating on them.

There is one great argument why we should use Zlatan instead of DP, and that's age and future.

DP is 31 years old while Zlatan is 24. Why go with the older guy?
HAHA, why should I like Zlatan?
I was against him coming to Juve in the first place.....
I'd choose Dp over Zlatan everyday, even if Dp is 31 and Zlatan is 24, IMHO DP is much better....

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Why should he be given the chance when our attack are doing fine for now... anyway, i hope he get the chance to play, but he must also shine in traning to get Capello to start him in a match... but lets just wait and see, the season is LONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
spot on .... as the bench attackers will get little chances this season then if they made the best of those little opportunities then capello would be convinced to play themm on more.
Capello is convinced with the current situation of the attack , and they are doing great together than WHY SHOULD HE CHANGE THEM??Mutu played in the empoli game and didnt convince capello so then he doesnt have to upset his system?
i think that everyone will get his chance and the question is are they going to make the best of those opportunities.
They will have to do their best to convince capello and do their best.

I dont know why ppl here are really bashing capello and calling him names.I think everyone needs to show a little respect he is the coach of this team like or not... and he is here to stay.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Hanaukyo ] ++
uhh basicly you can divide it into 3 camps.

1st. The italian camp. They want Del Piero to play because they're biased.
2nd. The Norwegian camp. They hate Swedish players.
3rd. Everyone else.
You're off your rocker, Norwegians are not biased against Swedish players, there are lots of Swedes playing in the Norwegian league. Norwegians may not like Zlatan specifically because he can be such a jerk, but that has no bearing on their opinion of other Swedes.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve89 ] ++

HAHA, why should I like Zlatan?
I was against him coming to Juve in the first place.....
I'd choose Dp over Zlatan everyday, even if Dp is 31 and Zlatan is 24, IMHO DP is much better....
Totally agree with you !!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)