CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (27 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

buddy, you give the younger player the chances so he can miss them today and score them tomorrow. del piero will miss them today and watch them from his tv tomorrow
Nedved 33 ,Camoranesi 29 , Emerson 29 , Vieira 29 , Birindelli 30 , Thuram 33 , Cannavaro 32 , Pessotto 35 , Kovac 31 , Giannichedda 30....all the guys for watching TV tomorrow,right???

Buy on AliExpress.com

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
First off, i like the way we played and yes we were playing against a team that frankly with thier injuries and whatever, would struggle in serieB, we still played with the kinda fluidity that i like in my teams

Then comes the bad part

1) Abbiatti is a liability, i was kinda surprised that Milan will aid their chief rivals by loaning them their goalie, but now i see why, you put crosses over, and we are in deep shite
2) Nedved should not be starting , he is not that influential, he is not creative and he is blocking the path of one the best attacking left backs in the world. I never thought i would see the day where Blasi was more productive going forward than Zambrotta
3) We have an asshole for a manager. Mr Capello, you get on my nerves and i do hope you are reading this
If i was anywhere near you yesterday, id have punched your lights out, thats how pissed off i was
Yes you are successful in the league, where u pit your wits against lesser lights and where the deck is stacked against the opposition anyways and you have other teams to help you out when you lose your way like you always do but in E urope , there aint no help from noone, you gotta do it your self.
You Imbecile, this is not your family's club, its not your money that's used to sponsor the club, so how dare you continue with this stupid vendetta or ego against what you consider to be maintaing you are the boss so you do what you like not what is right?
You had the best team in the world at the time in Milan and only 1 cl to show and thats only because Cruyff totally disrespected Milan and had no plan at all
You lost to Marseille becasue, you idiot, you decided to play Van Basten because he is tall but missed the entire season instead of an in form Papin against his old club

You muppet, how on earth you did not bring on both Dp and Mutu who would have run rings round a very ordinary Bruges is way beyond my comprehension

You buffon, your plan B is always bring off Dp and send in your tall guys so you can lump the ball forward but Dp was not on the field so you had no plan B.
Just like against Liverpool, you pit your wits against someone who knows what he is doing and you always come up short because you have no idea how to turn a game which does not invlove big fellows

I wonder what talents like Baggio, Simone Montella and Dp think of you and the way you operate
I cannot argue with your success in the league but i will ridicule you when it comes to Europe , where you have the chance to prove how good you are against the top managers and you always fail and I am afraid that even if we have a very good bunch of players, you are way too stupid to know what to do with them.
Are you gonna expect miracles from Dpa dn Mutu if something happens to Trez? Why should they bat for you when you treat such players without respect, you despicable maggot
I expect this post to be banned but i do not care as you make me sick
I agree with almost everything you said ,barring that Nedved part.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Nedved 33 ,Camoranesi 29 , Emerson 29 , Vieira 29 , Birindelli 30 , Thuram 33 , Cannavaro 32 , Pessotto 35 , Kovac 31 , Giannichedda 30....all the guys for watching TV tomorrow,right???

yes they will. and we have had this discussion long time ago. we dont got subs for all of them the way del peiro and zlatan are

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

:rofl: Youre like a little baby, Am i going to have to spell things out for you?, actually i did already and you still dont get it. Its the same as the last time we argued. You are incapable of discussing something and absorving the information at hand so you just write the same lame ass argument over and over again.
Now unless you stop with the childish insults (how ironic), there is no point in discussing this with you. But I will try once again.

Beacuse Mutu has to earn his place in the team and yet he has not done so.
Again, how is Mutu supposed to earn a place in the team unless he is given an opportunity to do so? And if you do not concur Mutu is a very good footballer and a better player than Zalayeta you obviously know fvckall about the sport.

Why are you failing to see that in some situations one player would be a better choice than another? If we need speed and incisiveness in attack, why would we put Zalayeta in instead of Adrian Mutu? If our side needs control and fluidity in attack why would we play Zalayeta instead of Del Piero? I dont care who has been here longer or who people prefer, but a good coach will field the player who fits the situation better and fix the obvious problem that sits in front of him.

Capello is a great coach however for some reason he is prefering tall and strong players over quick and incisive ones...now that may be fine for a few instances, however yesterday we could have used the qualities of Mutu and Del Piero in attack much more than Zalayeta. If you do not agree go watch the game again or learn more about the sport...coaches should pick the obvious players for the situation and not just use the same formulas all the time...if you understand what that even means.

Because Zalayeta and Mutus form are about the same but Zala has been at Juve longer and has had a good season behind him and therefore has more claim to play.
You don't know who has the better form and even an average Mutu is a better player than Zalayeta and adds much more...but if so, wouldn't the coach field the player who fits the situation better? Mutu was a better fit for last night's match, I'll tell you that much.

And you are really shooting yourself in the foot with this "....has been at Juve longer." If that was truly your policy you would be much more kind to Del Piero, that's for sure. However you're just too blinded by Capello's hazel eyes to not be a hypocrite.

Beacuse this is how it is done when deciding who is "higher in rank".
LOL

Now before you start typing, make sure you answer the questions I posed. If you do not answer them, you are indeed a worthless poster.

Oh, and how exactly is Zalayeta better than Mutu again?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
First off, i like the way we played and yes we were playing against a team that frankly with thier injuries and whatever, would struggle in serieB, we still played with the kinda fluidity that i like in my teams

Then comes the bad part

1) Abbiatti is a liability, i was kinda surprised that Milan will aid their chief rivals by loaning them their goalie, but now i see why, you put crosses over, and we are in deep shite
2) Nedved should not be starting, he is not that influential, he is not creative and he is blocking the path of one the best attacking left backs in the world. I never thought i would see the day where Blasi was more productive going forward than Zambrotta
3) We have an asshole for a manager. Mr Capello, you get on my nerves and i do hope you are reading this
If i was anywhere near you yesterday, id have punched your lights out, thats how pissed off i was
Yes you are successful in the league, where u pit your wits against lesser lights and where the deck is stacked against the opposition anyways and you have other teams to help you out when you lose your way like you always do but in E urope , there aint no help from noone, you gotta do it your self.
You Imbecile, this is not your family's club, its not your money that's used to sponsor the club, so how dare you continue with this stupid vendetta or ego against what you consider to be maintaing you are the boss so you do what you like not what is right?
You had the best team in the world at the time in Milan and only 1 cl to show and thats only because Cruyff totally disrespected Milan and had no plan at all
You lost to Marseille becasue, you idiot, you decided to play Van Basten because he is tall but missed the entire season instead of an in form Papin against his old club

You muppet, how on earth you did not bring on both Dp and Mutu who would have run rings round a very ordinary Bruges is way beyond my comprehension

You buffon, your plan B is always bring off Dp and send in your tall guys so you can lump the ball forward but Dp was not on the field so you had no plan B.
Just like against Liverpool, you pit your wits against someone who knows what he is doing and you always come up short because you have no idea how to turn a game which does not invlove big fellows

I wonder what talents like Baggio, Simone Montella and Dp think of you and the way you operate
I cannot argue with your success in the league but i will ridicule you when it comes to Europe , where you have the chance to prove how good you are against the top managers and you always fail and I am afraid that even if we have a very good bunch of players, you are way too stupid to know what to do with them.
Are you gonna expect miracles from Dpa dn Mutu if something happens to Trez? Why should they bat for you when you treat such players without respect, you despicable maggot
Damnit Dennis !!!!!

Your spot-on again !!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

Then comes the bad part

2) Nedved should not be starting, he is not that influential, he is not creative and he is blocking the path of one the best attacking left backs in the world. I never thought i would see the day where Blasi was more productive going forward than Zambrotta

Another brilliant post from Dennis.
Now I'm really thinking about Mutu's purpose in here, he's here to start the game, not to sit on the bench. Mutu will surely add much more possession and pace to Juventus and we would have finish off with a much bigger scoreline. So wad if Mutu isn't tall, he is still a very good player with heaps of talents. He should be used in the pitch, not sitting with u in the bench thinking of his future. I'm really beginning to wonder if we can progress really far in the CL campaign if we don't field Mutu, who will provide the much creativity needed. I really wouldn't be surprised if both Mutu + DP were to hit at Capello after they left Juventus, juz like wad Montella did.

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Agreed on most of the points made here. Capello's insistence on using bigger, taller players is fvcking lame and will hurt us sooner or later. Zalayeta is a decent player but he will never offer as much as Mutu or Del Piero in attack. Capello's success over the years cannot be questioned but he has some glaring managerial flaws.
With response to this, I would say Capello's achievements in Europe is definitely questionable. How on earth can he be so stubborn and continues fielding Trez + Zlatan all game? From my post I will surely include Mutu to add some spice in our attack.

I would also highlight Capello's weakness in the transfer strategies.

We almost swopped Mutu + Chiellini for a Cassano, and in the past we were always rumoured with Panucci, C Zanetti and players who he has worked with b4. Yes it is all right to bring in 1 or 2 players but not 1/2 the squad. The addition of Emerson + Vieira have been useful as he shapes up the midfield. But all the other candidates are rather redundant.

About Abbiati, I would not say much about him. He will still be our 1st choice keeper. I will juz cheer him on.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Again, how is Mutu supposed to earn a place in the team unless he is given an opportunity to do so? And if you do not concur Mutu is a very good footballer and a better player than Zalayeta you obviously know fvckall about the sport.
Andy, dont waste your time with him

by his own "reasoning", Zlatan shouldnt be starting over DP, because Alex has been here longer :confused:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well about the capello situation is that its just the begining of the season.His preference for the tall forwards upfront is undeniable but i think that all the forwards will have their part as the season goes on.
i wont say that capello didnt make a mistake by fielding zalayeta ahead of the more faster "smaller" forwards.
However i always like to give the coach a chance when it comes to players, i think that he isnt thinking about the attacking pair right now because they are doing their job, but the problem is with the RB position.And also Thurams situation.
Everyone will get his chance am sure of that but capello needs to be confident about the formation then eveyone will be alrite.

Sep 15, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Now unless you stop with the childish insults (how ironic), there is no point in discussing this with you. But I will try once again.

Why are you failing to see that in some situations one player would be a better choice than another? If we need speed and incisiveness in attack, why would we put Zalayeta in instead of Adrian Mutu? If our side needs control and fluidity in attack why would we play Zalayeta instead of Del Piero? I dont care who has been here longer or who people prefer, but a good coach will field the player who fits the situation better and fix the obvious problem that sits in front of him.

Capello is a great coach however for some reason he is prefering tall and strong players over quick and incisive ones...now that may be fine for a few instances, however yesterday we could have used the qualities of Mutu and Del Piero in attack much more than Zalayeta. If you do not agree go watch the game again or learn more about the sport...coaches should pick the obvious players for the situation and not just use the same formulas all the time...if you understand what that even means.

You don't know who has the better form and even an average Mutu is a better player than Zalayeta and adds much more...but if so, wouldn't the coach field the player who fits the situation better? Mutu was a better fit for last night's match, I'll tell you that much.

And you are really shooting yourself in the foot with this "....has been at Juve longer." If that was truly your policy you would be much more kind to Del Piero, that's for sure. However you're just too blinded by Capello's hazel eyes to not be a hypocrite.

LOL

Now before you start typing, make sure you answer the questions I posed. If you do not answer them, you are indeed a worthless poster.

Agreed. But I think Capello knows Mutu or Del Piero would have been the better option. So it has to be something personal. His preference for tall forwards? Perhaps, but it looks stupid to give the game partly away for that. Capello's smart enough to realise this.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
I do not understand how it is possible that so m any of you dont see what Zlatan does for all the other players in form of passes, making oceans of space and he gives them confidence.

Want struggle with that issue any more.
Will post the marks for the game based on a avarage from the Italian sportpages.

Enjoy!

GdS=Gazzetta dello Sport, TS=Tuttosport, CdSp=Corriere dello Sport,
LS=La Stampa, CdSe=Corriere della Sera, LR=La Repubblica

Ibrahimovic 7,17
GdS=7, TS=7, CdSp=7, LS=7.5, CdSe=8, LR=6.5

Trezeguet 7,08
GdS=7, TS=7, CdSp=7, LS=7, CdSe=7, LR=7.5

Nedved 6,92
GdS=6.5, TS=6.5, CdSp=6.5, LS=7, CdSe=7.5, LR=7.5

Blasi 6,83
GdS=7, TS=6.5, CdSp=7, LS=6.5, CdSe=7, LR=7

Camoranesi 6,58
GdS=6.5 TS=6.5, CdSp=7, LS=6.5, CdSe=7, LR=6

Cannavaro 6,58
GdS=6.5, TS=6.5, CdSp=6.5, LS=6.5, CdSe=7, LR=6.5

Kovac 6,58
GdS=6.5, TS=6.5, CdSp=6.5, LS=7, CdSe=6.5, LR=6.5

Emerson 6,42
GdS=6, TS=6.5, CdSp=6.5, LS=6.5, CdSe=7, LR=6

Zambrotta 6,25
GdS=6, TS=6.5, CdSp=6, LS=6.5, CdSe=6.5, LR=6

Vieira 5,67
GdS=6.5, TS=6, CdSp=6, LS=5.5, CdSe=5.5, LR=4.5

Abbiati 5,50
GdS=5,5, TS=5,5, CdSp=5,5, LS=5,5, CdSe=5,5, LR=5,5

But I guess there all wrong...:cool:

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Andy, dont waste your time with him

by his own "reasoning", Zlatan shouldnt be starting over DP, because Alex has been here longer :confused:
Oh great, two donkeys for the price of one, Yea that was exaaactly what i was saying.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

LOL

Dude ive grown tired explaining shit too you like a four year old.

-Answer my questions dada, answer my questions.

Now son, ive explained it too you 50 times if you dont undurstand it yet, dont worry, you will when you get older. Now go to sleep, dont let the beg bugs bite.

Oh and its nice too see the way you suddenly change questions and point of attack when the wind isnt blowing your way. It makes it so sweeet.

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus are going to start their Champions League adventure on Wednesday, when they’ll meet Brugge at Jan Breydel Stadion. The Belgians gained access to Champions League by winning their second consecutive title, the thirteenth in total and by beating the Norwegian Valerenga in the qualifying round.

Brugge’s new season has started in the best of ways, winning their twelfth Super Cup and with a reassuring series of wins in the championship: after five matchdays and collecting two away draws and three home wins, Jan Ceulemans’s squad is third-ranked with 11 points, only 2 away from the top-ranked Anderlecht.

On the other hand, Juventus’s season has started even better: after the first match against Chievo, where the Bianconeri created many occasions despite being able to make the most out of them, the second matchday showed an exciting Juventus, not only because of the sound 4-0 result to Empoli’s detriment but also and above all because of the authoritative play, without flaws. The same authority coach Capello wants to see on the pitch on Wednesday night.

The Bianconeri will start to settle in at Jan Breydel Stadion with a training session at 18:00 Tuesday afternoon, after the usual press conference on the eve of the match at 17:30 at the stadium’s press hall.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Rainforest Liu ] ++
Juventus are going to start their Champions League adventure on Wednesday, when they’ll meet Brugge at Jan Breydel Stadion. The Belgians gained access to Champions League by winning their second consecutive title, the thirteenth in total and by beating the Norwegian Valerenga in the qualifying round.

Brugge’s new season has started in the best of ways, winning their twelfth Super Cup and with a reassuring series of wins in the championship: after five matchdays and collecting two away draws and three home wins, Jan Ceulemans’s squad is third-ranked with 11 points, only 2 away from the top-ranked Anderlecht.

On the other hand, Juventus’s season has started even better: after the first match against Chievo, where the Bianconeri created many occasions despite being able to make the most out of them, the second matchday showed an exciting Juventus, not only because of the sound 4-0 result to Empoli’s detriment but also and above all because of the authoritative play, without flaws. The same authority coach Capello wants to see on the pitch on Wednesday night.

The Bianconeri will start to settle in at Jan Breydel Stadion with a training session at 18:00 Tuesday afternoon, after the usual press conference on the eve of the match at 17:30 at the stadium’s press hall.
:sigh: FFS, Liu..

Apr 26, 2004
3 Chiellini
4 Vieira
6 Kovac
8 Emerson
9 Ibrahimovic
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
14 Balzaretti
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Mutu
19 Zambrotta
20 Blasi
23 Giannichedda
24 Olivera
25 Zalayeta
26 Gladstone
28 Cannavaro
32 Abbiati

Apr 26, 2004
Fabio Capello introduces Juventus opening Champions League encounter: “The first match is always difficult and it’s fundamental to start well because winning would be a good step forward”.

He’s asked about their opponents: “Like all Belgian clubs, they’re well organized and are hard to play against but we have to and we must be careful and concentrated. Club Brugge are good at playing high balls as they have tall players and have good technical qualities so we’ll have to get on the pitch with humility. It’s true that some of our players are not available for injury but we have a good squad and I’m sure that the substitutes will live up to expectations. Portillo? I remember Buffon once countering him when he was playing at Fiorentina, he was dangerous at Real Madrid and very skilful in the penalty area”.

The Bianconeri boss does not give any anticipation about the line-up. To face Pessotto’s injury, Capello says there might be some changes of role or the introduction of players like Balzaretti or Blasi. As a whole, the squad is in a good shape: “Our team this year is complete and we can handle several absences and injuries. We’ve all matured and we’re confident about our possibilities”.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)