CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (18 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
The bottom line here guys is that we should have crushed this inferior team, instead we missed way too many chances, and looked very average in the second half

If we dont improve, we wont progress.....
I second that....we should actually use every single chance we get..

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

you cant help but notice the missed opportunities....

Now, if it was DP in the same scenario, ppl here would be calling for his head !!!
Dp would not miss opportunities, as he dosent even GET TO THEM!!!
so its better to miss opportunities and creat something in attack then, not doing ANYTHING!!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
First off, i like the way we played and yes we were playing against a team that frankly with thier injuries and whatever, would struggle in serieB, we still played with the kinda fluidity that i like in my teams

Then comes the bad part

1) Abbiatti is a liability, i was kinda surprised that Milan will aid their chief rivals by loaning them their goalie, but now i see why, you put crosses over, and we are in deep shite
2) Nedved should not be starting, he is not that influential, he is not creative and he is blocking the path of one the best attacking left backs in the world. I never thought i would see the day where Blasi was more productive going forward than Zambrotta
3) We have an asshole for a manager. Mr Capello, you get on my nerves and i do hope you are reading this
If i was anywhere near you yesterday, id have punched your lights out, thats how pissed off i was
Yes you are successful in the league, where u pit your wits against lesser lights and where the deck is stacked against the opposition anyways and you have other teams to help you out when you lose your way like you always do but in E urope , there aint no help from noone, you gotta do it your self.
You Imbecile, this is not your family's club, its not your money that's used to sponsor the club, so how dare you continue with this stupid vendetta or ego against what you consider to be maintaing you are the boss so you do what you like not what is right?
You had the best team in the world at the time in Milan and only 1 cl to show and thats only because Cruyff totally disrespected Milan and had no plan at all
You lost to Marseille becasue, you idiot, you decided to play Van Basten because he is tall but missed the entire season instead of an in form Papin against his old club

You muppet, how on earth you did not bring on both Dp and Mutu who would have run rings round a very ordinary Bruges is way beyond my comprehension

You buffon, your plan B is always bring off Dp and send in your tall guys so you can lump the ball forward but Dp was not on the field so you had no plan B.
Just like against Liverpool, you pit your wits against someone who knows what he is doing and you always come up short because you have no idea how to turn a game which does not invlove big fellows

I wonder what talents like Baggio, Simone Montella and Dp think of you and the way you operate
I cannot argue with your success in the league but i will ridicule you when it comes to Europe , where you have the chance to prove how good you are against the top managers and you always fail and I am afraid that even if we have a very good bunch of players, you are way too stupid to know what to do with them.
Are you gonna expect miracles from Dpa dn Mutu if something happens to Trez? Why should they bat for you when you treat such players without respect, you despicable maggot
I expect this post to be banned but i do not care as you make me sick

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Did i write he took the freekick? Nope i said he created the chance for the freekick.

The fact that Zlatans passes didnt result in goals isnt important since he created allot of good chance that could might aswell been goals.

I dont judge players simply on the good old Assist/Goals tab.

It seems you do.
I don't think Ibrahim created so much chances ,he is only good for keeping the ball.
And remember the action for possible 3-0,he didn't pass the ball to Trez who was wide open.Instead of that he lost a few seconds for thinkink what to do with the ball infront of the keeper.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

I don't think Ibrahim created so much chances ,he is only good for keeping the ball.
And remember the action for possible 3-0,he didn't pass the ball to Trez who was wide open.Instead of that he lost a few seconds for thinkink what to do with the ball infront of the keeper.
Im not even going to read the whole post since the second part i read says, he is only good for keeping the ball. :blah:

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by galma ] ++
goddamit,zlatan must go and everybody will be happy
only people who hate juve will be happy.
zlatan played a great match yesterday and he was our best player with camo and neddy.

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
i have only a question to those people who want del piero to take zlatan's place:was del piero in his best moments playing better than the great ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC?????????
in my opinion:no.
i hope that capello wont ever change this line up.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by engonga ] ++

only people who hate juve will be happy.
zlatan played a great match yesterday and he was our best player with camo and neddy.
Exacly... but engonga, here in this forum, there are some Juve fans, and then we have DP fans (some of them) wich are more of a dp fan then Juve fan... thats life here.. it sucks... they would love to see DP shine not Juve winning!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

You just dont seem to get it, you dont just bump players like that.
And when did Mutu prove himself over Zala? hmm, It hasnt happened yet.
maybe in training but not on the pitch.

You wrote

I did not see you making a big deal about Del Piero not being played before other players even though he has been at the club longer than any of the other forwards.

LOL, this is.. What an argument

Are you actually suggesting we should play players that have been at the club the longest time without taking into concideration who actually are the best players for the job?

You wrote

Last year Zlatan Ibrahimovic got the start ahead of Zalayeta and Del Piero on Day One and he did not have to wait to "prove himself" to Capello,
unlike Mutu. I did not see you making a case in favor of Zalayeta back then...why not?

Nope, he came in on the second half against Chievo and made a good substitution, Zlatan took his chance from day one, thats the difference.
that and Trez got injured at the beggining of the season opened up for Zlatan. You dont buy a player for 16 m erous and then put him on the bench, its the saem reason Viera is first pick for Capello.

Fact of the matter is that it has only been three matches of the season and Mutu will get his chance.

I hope i cleared things up for you.
Out of all this crap, you still have not given a decent argument why Zalayeta deserves a starting spot in front of Adrian Mutu.

And this is brilliant right here..

Are you actually suggesting we should play players that have been at the club the longest time without taking into concideration who actually are the best players for the job?
No no, that is what YOU are saying. Get you're facts straight kid.

But Zala has sat on the Juve bench for years, Not complaining, not even a word and has scored some very important goals when he got his chance.

Bumping him too fifth forward would be a huge slap in the face from Capello.
See, that is what you stated. From this post it looks like you want Zalayeta to play just because he has been at Juventus longer than Mutu.

In the match yesterday Mutu would have added more speed to our attacks, and since we were counter-attacking frequently in the second half he could have come in handy, more so than Zalayeta, that's for sure. If we need more speed in attack the logical thing to do would be put Mutu in, not Zalayeta, as the latter is not very quick with the ball at feet. Even Ibrahimovic could have used a substitute yesterday towards the end of the match. Sometimes people have to stop following Capello around like a little puppy and actually look at matters objectively...thus far, you have not. Things are not adding up here.

So I ask again...why does Zalayeta deserve a spot ahead of Mutu?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

You muppet, how on earth you did not bring on both Dp and Mutu who would have run rings round a very ordinary Bruges is way beyond my comprehension
Exactly Dennis. I actually concur with you here. Not bringing on one of those players, especially Mutu, is a complete joke if you ask me. The Brugge back line is not entirely quick nor skilled, and with a little more pace up top we could have exploited that weakness. But what does Capello do again? Bring on Zalayeta, a player who adds nothing to the starting XI and leaves Mutu and Del Piero on the bench to wither away. I hate when managers do not fix an obvious weakness in favor of the same old decisions that have both worked and failed in the past.

Aug 26, 2003
i think we should wait some more games till we really can judge the team and especially Capello! we have many games in the next weeks and there will be room for Del Piero and Mutu. To be honest i also disliked how Cap handles thos two, but still if he wins he didn't make anything wrong.

I am a Del Piero fan, i like Mutu but the same goes for Trez and Ibrahimovic. the thing is that we have a great opportunity in the offense one of the best in the world and the problem is that not all of them can play. another thing is Ibrahimovic and Trez deserved there starting place so far (Trez scoring 4 goals in 3 games, Zlatan playing great and providing assits, and a player with exeptional potential) so i think Cap was right to make these 2 the striking pair so far, but on the other hand i think we must use players like mutu, Del piero and zalayeta more often because you can't expect them to replace Trez or zlatan if one of them is injured.

We will see what happens but as said before there are many games to play, there will be injurys (but nothing serious hopefully) and suspensions (Vieira) so i think all players will get there playing time.

all in all i think we should not count that much on the last games because its only the start of the season and the important thing was to start well and that was what we did!

forza juve

(one thing, i hope that Buffon is soon fit, because i don't feel very secure with Abbiati in the goal)!

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Out of all this crap, you still have not given a decent argument why Zalayeta deserves a starting spot in front of Adrian Mutu.

And this is brilliant right here..

No no, that is what YOU are saying. Get you're facts straight kid.

See, that is what you stated. From this post it looks like you want Zalayeta to play just because he has been at Juventus longer than Mutu.

In the match yesterday Mutu would have added more speed to our attacks, and since we were counter-attacking frequently in the second half he could have come in handy, more so than Zalayeta, that's for sure. If we need more speed in attack the logical thing to do would be put Mutu in, not Zalayeta, as the latter is not very quick with the ball at feet. Even Ibrahimovic could have used a substitute yesterday towards the end of the match. Sometimes people have to stop following Capello around like a little puppy and actually look at matters objectively...thus far, you have not. Things are not adding up here.

So I ask again...why does Zalayeta deserve a spot ahead of Mutu?
:rofl: Youre like a little baby, Am i going to have to spell things out for you?, actually i did already and you still dont get it. Its the same as the last time we argued. You are incapable of discussing something and absorving the information at hand so you just write the same lame ass argument over and over again.

Real simple this time. Pretty much sums up all my other posts.

Beacuse Mutu has to earn his place in the team and yet he has not done so.

Because Zalayeta and Mutus form are about the same but Zala has been at Juve longer and has had a good season behind him and therefore has more claim to play.

Beacuse this is how it is done when deciding who is "higher in rank".

Undurstand better now? If you dont then im done toying with you because quite frankly my 7 year old cousin undurstands the concept of earning your spot in the team.

BEGONE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)