CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (93 Viewers)

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edmund ] ++

Yup...
Ik ben inderdaad van Brugge zelf, wonend en werkend. Ik moet zeggen, de ploeg die me het meest aanspreekt in de Serie A is toch wel Juventus. Heb zelfs een truitje ervan, al zal ik die vanavond niet dragen ;)
Ik zie er echt naar uit om spelers als Nedved en Cannavaro aan het werk te zien. Tja, die tickets vliegen nu eenmaal enorm snel de deur uit. Wie wil dit soort ploegen niet aan het werk zien. Ik denk dat de sfeer er goed zal inzitten, bij dit soort matchen hangt er sowieso een speciaal sfeertje!
Als ik realistisch ben weet ik dat we niet te veel kunnnen rapen vanavond maar... er zijn al enkele grote ploegen gesneuveld in Jan Breydel dus je weet nooit. Al win ik liever van Bayern, zo'n rotploeg.

Dat de beste mag winnen hé vanavond en hopelijk zien we een mooie match! Ben jij supporter van Genk?

Grts en forza fcb :D
leuk leuk :)

en nee ben ni echt een supporter van genk, ik heb wel 2jaar abo op genk gehad maar gewoon voor de sfeer en het voetbal en omdat het kortbij is ma nu is da veel minder in genk dus ga ik ni .
veel plezier vanavond ;)
en Forza Juve :D

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
I am a little warried, because Real Madrid lost their game 3-0 and that can also happen to us. We have to play with alot of care! I hope that DP plays and scores. :)

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Real Madrid lost to Lyon with 3-0, Club Brugge isnt Lyon.

Lyon has won the french league four times in a row and could beat any team out there.

Club Brugge wont win 3-0, that i could almost guarantee, of course this is soccer and anything can happen but thats really a long shot.

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
Well it looks like we'll be playing a 3-4-3. Didn't see that one coming.
We want to create enough chances without attacking like crazy

I think this will be the formation, there could be some slight alterations

---------------------Stijnen-------------

-----Maertens----Spilar----Valgaeren------

Blondel---Englebert---Vermant---De Cock

-Yulu Matondo----Portillo----Balaban------

To Ali: average age defence would be 27, team overall 26 ;)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003

If you play with 3 attackers, then we have to play with 4 defenders. But Zambo will be ably to move forward.

It is interesting because you want to battle on midfield but we have great players there so you will lose it on midfield. Alot of teams escape the midfield when they play against us because they know that it is not possible to fight against Emerson, Vieira.

I don't know, we will see

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Capello demands winning start
Wednesday 14 September, 2005
Fabio Capello has told his Juventus side that it is fundamental to start their Champions League campaign with a win at Brugge.

The Bianconeri begin their European Cup assault in Belgium on Wednesday and Capello is immediately eyeing the three points.

"The first game in any competition is always full of difficulties," commented the former Roma boss.

"It is vital that we start the tournament well as it would already be a big step forward if we win."

The Italian side will begin as favourites this evening but the tactician has respect for their opponents.

"They are an organised team like all Belgian sides," he underlined. "They will be tough to play against. We need to be very focused and alert.

"Brugge are very powerful in the air because they have some tall players and men with good technique. We need to step on to the pitch with humility."

The Juventus defence will also come up against a familiar face in the form of former Fiorentina striker Javier Portillo.

"He was dangerous and very able in the penalty area when he was at Real Madrid," noted Capello.

Juventus are without Gigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Jonathan Zebina and also Gianluca Pessotto.

So who will play at right-back? "Federico Balzaretti or even Manuele Blasi could be put there," he explained.

"We do have a number of injury problems but my squad this season is complete and able to cope with diverse absences."

Brugges (probable): Stijnen; De Cock, Spilar, Maertens, Valgaeren; Vermant, Englebert, Serebrennikov, Blondel; Portillo, Balaban.

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Balzaretti, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic.

Ref: Cantalejo (Spa)

===

Wouldn't you love Capello to say "We are confident about this game, they only have short players" :D

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

If you play with 3 attackers, then we have to play with 4 defenders. But Zambo will be ably to move forward.

It is interesting because you want to battle on midfield but we have great players there so you will lose it on midfield. Alot of teams escape the midfield when they play against us because they know that it is not possible to fight against Emerson, Vieira.

I don't know, we will see
I don't think we want to take over control of the midfield, that's probably impossible as you say. I think it's more damage control, not allowing your midfield to take control. Balaban and Yulu are hard workers so I expect that they will support the midfield in the first place, then think about attacking. We might skip the midfield by counting on the pace and slyness of Portillo.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Actually I think that Roma are using drugs!
We are Juve a great team that gets the scudetto almost every year as for Roma the only thing that they could be proud of is their stadium so I think that Roma has more motive for using drugs...!

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by tottiking ] ++
YOU WILL LOSE IT ALL JUVE FANS.

OR IF YOU WIN IT

YOU WILL WIN IT BY 14 PLAYERS LIKE ALWAYS + DURGS
udineeeeee udineeeeeee udineeeeeeeee

olé olé oléééééééééééééééééééééé

bianconeri sono forté !

Udine alé Juve alé

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Thanks mate,

Players to watch:
I'd have to say Balaban and Portillo. These are the biggest names in the squad.
- Balaban is our Croatian striker. In 4-3-3 he plays on the leftwing. Can be egoistic and try too much on his own. He will lose his ball four times, the fifth time he'll do something amazing and score. Gives great free kicks and scores often out of one. He has scored a lot lately.
- Portillo, our second striker comes from Real Madrid on loan and played his first match on Saturday (2-1 win at home) and though he didn't score he showed lots of class and potential. He's quick, weighs on a defence flirting with offside, great technique, and is known to have a nose for goals.

@Giovanotti: these two players pose the biggest threat

Formation:
In the Belgian league always a very offensive 4-3-3 with the left- and right back helping the midfielders in attack. Most opponents in Belgium play very defensive against us and let us take charge of the situation hoping for a draw or even to steal a win.
In CL however we'll probably play a more defensive 5-3-2 and adapt it depending on how the game goes. Our problem is a recent change in coaches. Sollied left us for Olympiakos. He had a Norwegian type of playing: throwing the ball in the box from the flanks and getting as many players as possible in that box to finish it off. Our new coach focuses more on possession and quick, short combinations; more a Spanish type of football.

Our defenders:
Birger Maertens: 25 years, central (or back), very secure and calm
Marek Spilar: 30 years, central, hard as nails, very physical, loves a good and hard tackle
Joos Valgaeren: 29 years, central, comes from Celtic Glasgow, need I say more?
Olivier De Cock: 30 years, rightback, great crosses, good shot
Our 2 leftbacks are injured so I don't know exactly who will take that position, could be one of our youngsters.They're all Belgian except for Spilar who is a Slovak

Our team is very physical. Always trying to play well organised, working for each other as a team, not 11 individuals. We used to have a lack of players with that extra touch of class you need to win difficult matches. Now with Balaban and Portillo, we have those players. If they need to, the team can battle the full 90 minutes leaving the opponents gasping for breath. That's how we've beaten Ajax, Dortmund, Lyon, Galatasary the last couple of years at home. (We could have beaten Milan at home 2 years ago, but they got very lucky ;) )
Thank you for the info. I remember Balaban and Portillo, good players thus we have to be very careful. Physical sides always pose some problem to Juve but with Emerson & now Viera we should be able to perform better. Capello is even thinking of starting Blasi, thats just a means of countering the physical part of your game. Blasi is a brute!
I hate these 95 minutes running super fit dudes who cover all the blades in the pitch. :D I just hope your coach goes for 3-4-3 and not the defensive 5-3-2.

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

Thank you for the info. I remember Balaban and Portillo, good players thus we have to be very careful. Physical sides always pose some problem to Juve but with Emerson & now Viera we should be able to perform better. Capello is even thinking of starting Blasi, thats just a means of countering the physical part of your game. Blasi is a brute!
I hate these 95 minutes running super fit dudes who cover all the blades in the pitch. :D I just hope your coach goes for 3-4-3 and not the defensive 5-3-2.
No problem!
Well it's Emerson, Viera and Nedved I'm affraid of :nervous:
I just walked across the market here in Brugge and passed Capello and his assistants who were sightseeing :D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Wouldn't you love Capello to say "We are confident about this game, they only have short players" :D
Picture Capello scrutinising a team by checking out their height :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004

De Cock can play in the left?

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
No problem!
Well it's Emerson, Viera and Nedved I'm affraid of :nervous:
I just walked across the market here in Brugge and passed Capello and his assistants who were sightseeing :D
He's got a hard stare Capello. I remember shaking his hand after the Djurgarden game last year & you would not want him screaming at you. I hope this gives Juve more motivation.
Average of 26 years is pretty good. Just don't run our oldies down to the ground .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)