CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (68 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I hear people talking about Del Piero scoring but I would be very surprised if he even plays on Wednesday.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by hambon78 ] ++
Del Piero back for Brugge

Monday 12 September, 2005

Alessandro Del Piero has recovered from injury to be included in the Juventus squad for their Champions League clash against Brugge.

The captain was a major doubt for the game but has fought back from a thigh problem to be included in the trip.

Del Piero, who suffered a small strain on international duty last week, could now make his season debut in Belgium on Wednesday.

The Italian ace didn’t feature in the Week 1 win over Chievo, while he was unavailable for Sunday’s 4-0 destruction of Empoli.

Capello, who today insisted that all his strikers would play a part in his plans this term, has named a 20-man squad for the game.

Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, following shoulder surgery, and defender Gianluca Pagliuca are the only significant absentees.

Squad: Abbiati, Chimenti; Gladstone , Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Zambrotta, Chiellini , Kovac; Blasi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zalayeta.

ya right

i didn't know that Pagliuca has signed with us and change his position from GK to DF.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I hear people talking about Del Piero scoring but I would be very surprised if he even plays on Wednesday.
yeah i would be surprised too, mybe he will get 20mins or something.

dont think the gladstone would play, but i think that balzaretti would get the nod ahead of on the RB position.

hope we have a good game.

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #106
    Del Piero back for Brugge Monday 12 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero has recovered from injury to be included in the Juventus squad for their Champions League clash against Brugge.

The captain was a major doubt for the game but has fought back from a thigh problem to be included in the trip.

Del Piero, who suffered a small strain on international duty last week, could now make his season debut in Belgium on Wednesday.

The Italian ace didn’t feature in the Week 1 win over Chievo, while he was unavailable for Sunday’s 4-0 destruction of Empoli.

Capello, who today insisted that all his strikers would play a part in his plans this term, has named a 20-man squad for the game.

Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, following shoulder surgery, and defender Gianluca Pagliuca are the only significant absentees.

Squad: Abbiati, Chimenti; Gladstone, Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Kovac; Blasi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zalayeta.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    Del Piero back for Brugge Monday 12 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad: Abbiati, Chimenti; Gladstone, Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Kovac; Blasi, Giannichedda, Olivera, Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Mutu, Zalayeta.
    Where is Mr. Thuram

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    Yes, Thuram is injured but "Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, following shoulder surgery, and defender Gianluca Pagliuca are the only significant absentees." says that Thuram is not importent ?!

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #110
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
    Yes, Thuram is injured but "Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, following shoulder surgery, and defender Gianluca Pagliuca are the only significant absentees." says that Thuram is not importent ?!
    :D

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
    I think that eurosport reporter is responsibile for this:

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
    Hi guys,
    very important game coming up...
    I'm hoping for a victory for Brugge, 1-0 would be nice, but I think it'll be a difficult match and a 1-1 draw. I hope our strikers Balaban and Portillo are up for it and give the Juve defence a hard time!
    Greetings from Brugge

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Welcome to the forums edmund, and may the best team wins.
    Thanks mate,
    though I'm hoping the best team won't win ;)

Just kidding... I'll be happy to answer any of your questions about Club Brugge, if you have any that is.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Welcome to the forum edmund. Questions:
    - Player(s) to watch?
    - Is your formation mainly defensive or offensive?
    - What is the combined age of your defense? :p
    - Is your team physical?

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by edmund ] ++
    Hi guys,
    very important game coming up...
    I'm hoping for a victory for Brugge, 1-0 would be nice, but I think it'll be a difficult match and a 1-1 draw. I hope our strikers Balaban and Portillo are up for it and give the Juve defence a hard time!
    Greetings from Brugge
    Nah! dont be silly edmund. You wanna really see Juve at there best. stop lying.:D

Oh! & Welcome to the forum!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)