CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Naah, I think this years Juve is much better than Juve last year. We have a healthy Trezeguet, Ibra, Mutu and Zalayeta. And also Vieira who has been impressive so far.

0-2 for me. Trez and Ibra

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
Capello demands winning start

Wednesday 14 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has told his Juventus side that it is fundamental to start their Champions League campaign with a win at Brugge.

The Bianconeri begin their European Cup assault in Belgium on Wednesday and Capello is immediately eyeing the three points.

"The first game in any competition is always full of difficulties," commented the former Roma boss.

"It is vital that we start the tournament well as it would already be a big step forward if we win."

The Italian side will begin as favourites this evening but the tactician has respect for their opponents.

"They are an organised team like all Belgian sides," he underlined. "They will be tough to play against. We need to be very focused and alert.

"Brugge are very powerful in the air because they have some tall players and men with good technique. We need to step on to the pitch with humility."

The Juventus defence will also come up against a familiar face in the form of former Fiorentina striker Javier Portillo.

"He was dangerous and very able in the penalty area when he was at Real Madrid," noted Capello.

Juventus are without Gigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Jonathan Zebina and also Gianluca Pessotto.

So who will play at right-back? "Federico Balzaretti or even Manuele Blasi could be put there," he explained.
"We do have a number of injury problems but my squad this season is complete and able to cope with diverse absences."

Brugges (probable): Stijnen; De Cock, Spilar, Maertens, Valgaeren; Vermant, Englebert, Serebrennikov, Blondel; Portillo, Balaban.

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Balzaretti, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic.

Ref: Cantalejo (Spa)

Blasi right back?? i wouldn't want a mad tackler right outside the box where free kicks are really dangerous..

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Blasi as a right back ?????:eek::confused:

Capello is mad !!!!!!!!!!!!:fero::fero:

Blasi's best position on this team is LEFT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

:LOL: the comedy

What would be even more humourous is Blasi actually playing rb, which would be even funnir than watching the great zebina at work.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Blasi as a right back ?????:eek::confused:

Capello is mad !!!!!!!!!!!!:fero::fero:

remind me of a smith as dmc :dazed:

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

:LOL: the comedy

What would be even more humourous is Blasi actually playing rb, which would be even funnir than watching the great zebina at work.
I think that it won't be the end of the world if we are only left with blasi for a rb... He offers a lot of stamina, and crunching tackles that could serve well, and he did this neat little spin at that Tim Cup match! :cheesy:!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sH][x][aN ] ++
Capello demands winning start

Wednesday 14 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has told his Juventus side that it is fundamental to start their Champions League campaign with a win at Brugge.

The Bianconeri begin their European Cup assault in Belgium on Wednesday and Capello is immediately eyeing the three points.

"The first game in any competition is always full of difficulties," commented the former Roma boss.

"It is vital that we start the tournament well as it would already be a big step forward if we win."

The Italian side will begin as favourites this evening but the tactician has respect for their opponents.

"They are an organised team like all Belgian sides," he underlined. "They will be tough to play against. We need to be very focused and alert.

"Brugge are very powerful in the air because they have some tall players and men with good technique. We need to step on to the pitch with humility."

The Juventus defence will also come up against a familiar face in the form of former Fiorentina striker Javier Portillo.

"He was dangerous and very able in the penalty area when he was at Real Madrid," noted Capello.

Juventus are without Gigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Jonathan Zebina and also Gianluca Pessotto.

So who will play at right-back? "Federico Balzaretti or even Manuele Blasi could be put there," he explained.
"We do have a number of injury problems but my squad this season is complete and able to cope with diverse absences."

Brugges (probable): Stijnen; De Cock, Spilar, Maertens, Valgaeren; Vermant, Englebert, Serebrennikov, Blondel; Portillo, Balaban.

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Balzaretti, Kovac, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Vieira, Emerson, Nedved; Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic.

Ref: Cantalejo (Spa)

Blasi right back?? i wouldn't want a mad tackler right outside the box where free kicks are really dangerous..
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaalllly hope that he was kiding about that

May 30, 2004
brugge will shock juventus with a good display and well organised play and it ll end a draw with a juve player scoring to draw in the last seconds.... and o yeh .. some one will miss a penalty somwhere during he match

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)