[CL] Champions League 2015/2016 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
His first touch and decision making were atrocious. There's no excuse for that, he should have done considerably better in many situations, in particular on the ball that Florenzi gave him at the edge of the penalty box where his first touch ruined the move.
:agree:

I was actually talking with my son during the game that I'm gonna start to complaint a lot less about Cuadrado Finishing and 20M fee cuz I saw guys like Salah and his finishing is totally worthless

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
nobody supported him. he was running alone most of the time.
Salah is very fast, can dribble very well and is okay at finishing. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired and so he should continue to play in a counter attacking team or at least a team where opponents dont consistently park the bus. He is not world class but he is far from garbage either. I'd have him over caudrado tbh

juvefan

Jul 13, 2002
Salah is very fast, can dribble very well and is okay at finishing. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired and so he should continue to play in a counter attacking team or at least a team where opponents dont consistently park the bus. He is not world class but he is far from garbage either. I'd have him over caudrado tbh
I saw very different Salah in this season compare to his last season at Fiorentina.
Totally different person.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I saw very different Salah in this season compare to his last season at Fiorentina.
Totally different person.
Why? I had the impression that he was always one of Roma's best players when he was not injured (he was frequently injured).

Salah, Gervinho and Caudrado share a lot of characteristics together. I rate Salah as the best closely followed by Cuadrado closely followed by Gervinho. My impression of Salah is that he is a better finisher than the others but that really is not saying much.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Roma were like my little brother when we play FIFA, shooting from everywhere to claim at the end that he had more shots hence doesn't deserve the loss.

Roma has finally given Real Madrid their first win on Italian soil since 1988. Negative-Record breakers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why? I had the impression that he was always one of Roma's best players when he was not injured (he was frequently injured).

Salah, Gervinho and Caudrado share a lot of characteristics together. I rate Salah as the best closely followed by Cuadrado closely followed by Gervinho. My impression of Salah is that he is a better finisher than the others but that really is not saying much.
Better finisher, yes... But terrible at creating chances for others. He's actually quite a selfish player. If you watch him play he rarely passes the ball when the opportunity is there and instead goes for goal. He's also more of an inside winger who doesn't ever swing crosses in. Gervinho is similar in this regard, although a much better playmaker in terms of creating chances for teammates.

Cuadrado isn't really the same type of player, although he is pacy and good at taking his man on, dribbling, etc... Cuadrado is more of a traditional fast winger, who swings in crosses often and is almost always looking to pass at the end even if many go wayward. He's also defensively responsible and capable of playing a WB role which neither Salah nor Gervinho could. Most well-rounded player of the 3. And has had the best season of any in his last full-season with Fiorentina. Neither Gervinho nor Salah have even come close to touching the level he was at that year.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Better finisher, yes... But terrible at creating chances for others. He's actually quite a selfish player. If you watch him play he rarely passes the ball when the opportunity is there and instead goes for goal. He's also more of an inside winger who doesn't ever swing crosses in. Gervinho is similar in this regard, although a much better playmaker in terms of creating chances for teammates.

Cuadrado isn't really the same type of player, although he is pacy and good at taking his man on, dribbling, etc... Cuadrado is more of a traditional fast winger, who swings in crosses often and is almost always looking to pass at the end even if many go wayward. He's also defensively responsible and capable of playing a WB role which neither Salah nor Gervinho could. Most well-rounded player of the 3. And has had the best season of any in his last full-season with Fiorentina. Neither Gervinho nor Salah have even come close to touching the level he was at that year.
you are right. He can play defensively unlike the others and he did reach a higher level at viola. While Salah never reached that level, he is however consistent at a good level. Caudrado has a higher ceiling but a lower floor. Salah has a higher floor but a lower ceiling. I think Salah's average is better than Caud's average (offensively) but Caud's standard deviations are more.

I disagree that Salah is more selfish. He is more directed towards the goal (like you said more of an inside forward) but he can combine better than Cuadrado and runs at defenders a lot more to recover the ball (applies pressure at the front). He doesn't look to combine as often because he is more present in the box relative to cuadrado.

Cuadrado does suit us better because we do need someone who can play RWB aside from licht especially someone who can get past their man. Salah and Gervinho can't. I was wrong when I said I'd prefer him over Cuad. I didn't take our formation into account.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

I definitely agree with you there.

I think Cuadrado and Gervinho are a lot alike in that really high ceiling, really low floor way. They both are well-nigh unstoppable when in top form and things are going their way, but when things go wrong, confidence drops, tiredness sets in they look appallingly bad.

Salah might not have the ability to reach their highs but he probably never falls through the floor to their lows either. More consistent for sure.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well that was the best game I've seen Roma play in quite a while.

Luck and the referee were against them, so they didn't get what they deserved out of the game.

Liked the general shape of Roma, with them managing to keep Perotti and Salah high enough up the pitch the threaten on the break but without leaving any really obvious areas of vulnerability for Real to exploit.

I particularly liked the position Salah occupied. It asked an interesting question of Real Madrid as to how Marcelo and Ramos should deal with him, but neither of them really did.

Shame they so consistently failed to execute in the final third (so many bad touches and bad decisions) because Real were there to be beaten.

Real Madrid were really tame and it's very hard to see how they could beat any good teams this year. It's much the same issues as last year: the midfield is too open with just Kroos and Modric in there; and their attack is too narrow, which makes it relatively easy to contain.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Roma was ok, considering Spalletti only works with them this much time. They need to get rid of best SS in the league in Dzeko, get back Strootman if possible (Radja-Strootman-Pjanic looks quite impressive), keep ElSha and Salah, and get some attacker who is able to play false 9 to open zones and pass the ball. And yeah, their defense sucks donkey balls. Florenzi is not an RB, CBs are not solid either and Digne sucks in defense.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They were indeed very organized but if you're going to win this you will have to think of stopping Cristiano before anything. A small mistake or gap and he's there to score.

That said, Salah is pretty much useless player IMO, as weird as it would sound I would have probably played 4-4-1-1 with out of form Totti behind Dzeko and keep Salah on the bench.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
are you serious? Salah over Cuadrado? no way.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Salah is pretty much useless player
He's certainly an extremely limited player.

No brain, no right foot, not technically good.

He's fast and a good finisher with his left foot.

Not easy to fit that to a team - certainly not easy to do it without unbalancing the team and limiting other players.

And he's not reliable enough that you would chose to base you team around him because it's too easy for opponents to stop him by sitting deep and/or keeping him on his right foot.

El Shaarawy is worth gambling on and Perotti is a decent player. If I was Roma, I'd be planning around having them as my wingers and figuring stuff out from there.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You should have noticed that I said I was wrong in saying that I'd prefer Salah at Juve because I did not take into account the formation that we use which does not have inside forwards but does have wingbacks who are required to defend and go closer to the touchline rather than cut inside, both of which are qualities that Caudrado has but Salah lacks.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Salah isn't better than Cuadrado in any position right now though. He's still much younger and might become better, but at this moment it's not really a contest.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
TS' injury estimations:

- - - Updated - - -

Roma is basically out of CL, but they'll leave with 63.2m (+ gate receipts) in CL revenue. That's more than what Barca made last season (61m). And we were the only team that made more than that amount last season (89.1m). This season, we're already guaranteed 70.3m (+ gate receipts).

Do we really want 4th spot back (according to Agnelli, yes)? And long may the teams finishing 3rd keep failing in the prelims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)