[CL] Champions League 2015/2016 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Roma is basically out of CL, but they'll leave with 63.2m (+ gate receipts) in CL revenue. That's more than what Barca made last season (61m). And we were the only team that made more than that amount last season (89.1m). This season, we're already guaranteed 70.3m (+ gate receipts).

Do we really want 4th spot back (according to Agnelli, yes)? And long may the teams finishing 3rd keep failing in the prelims.
The obvious argument about that would be that the league will get more exposure, more prestige and that teams would start to get better as CL money got spread through vía transfers and things like that.

I suppose we'd expect to see the difference made up by higher TV and advertising money?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The obvious argument about that would be that the league will get more exposure, more prestige and that teams would start to get better as CL money got spread through vía transfers and things like that.

I suppose we'd expect to see the difference made up by higher TV and advertising money?
More attractiveness which leads to more sponsors and more fans like you said.

For the time being, 3 CL spots with 2 qualifying is better for us. But when our growth begins to stagnate, we'd need the league to be more attractive to generate more following.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ribéry, Tasci, Götze and Benatia will be in the squad tomorrow as Pep said today. ->comeback

What do you think will be Juve's formation/team for the bayern match? And how do you see the chances?
If Chiellini is back, and Mandzu, which there seems to be a good chance of...

--------------------Buffon
------------Barza-Bonucci-Chiellini
Lichtsteiner-Khedira-Marchisio-Pogba-Evra
------------------Dybala-Mandzukic

With those players and that line-up, I'd say 95% chance Juve goes through. Bayern simply isn't good enough, even healthy, to overcome Juve. Fat drunkard Vidal, and angry obese Ribery don't really scare anyone. Götze sucks and has a micropenis. Tasci is :lol:... and Benatia hates playing for Bayern. I'd take pretty much every player at Juve over his Bayern counterpart on the field.

And Allegri >>>>> Pep and it's not even close.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
If Chiellini is back, and Mandzu, which their seems like a good chance of...

With those players and that line-up, I'd say 95% chance Juve goes through. Bayern simply isn't good enough, even healthy, to overcome Juve. Fat drunkard Vidal, and angry obese Ribery don't really scare anyone. Götze sucks and has a micropenis. Tasci is :lol:... and Benatia hates playing for Bayern. I'd take pretty much every player at Juve over his Bayern counterpart on the field.

Not to mention that we are the only team that can stop Barca, so the refs will do everything to help Bayern. Damn Uefalona.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
If Chiellini is back, and Mandzu, which there seems to be a good chance of...

:lol:

Jun 6, 2015
All the teams playing CL on Tuesday struggling. We drew 0-0 against Bologna, Arsenal did the same against Hull, Bayern losing by a goal at half time against Darmstadt and Barcelona having trouble against Las Palmas 1-1 the result at the moment of writing.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Salah isn't better than Cuadrado in any position right now though. He's still much younger and might become better, but at this moment it's not really a contest.
Hell No. There is just no comparison in goal scoring ability. Its not a contest because Salah is much superior to our headless chicken.

- - - Updated - - -

we aren't gonna play 352.
I want us to. Lets play to our strengths.

- - - Updated - - -

All the teams playing CL on Tuesday struggling. We drew 0-0 against Bologna, Arsenal did the same against Hull, Bayern losing by a goal at half time against Darmstadt and Barcelona having trouble against Las Palmas 1-1 the result at the moment of writing.
Thats just Arsenal being Arsenal. Luck bailed them out against Licester. I'll be very happy when Barca teach them a lesson.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Roma is basically out of CL, but they'll leave with 63.2m (+ gate receipts) in CL revenue. That's more than what Barca made last season (61m). And we were the only team that made more than that amount last season (89.1m). This season, we're already guaranteed 70.3m (+ gate receipts).

Do we really want 4th spot back (according to Agnelli, yes)? And long may the teams finishing 3rd keep failing in the prelims.
Stop with this bullshit money story.

Man City, PSG and United are spending more than any other teams and yet they're failing miserably.

Serie A should have 4 teams back in CL because it has always been the most prestige league in the world and it's only normal and more beautiful for Serie A and Italian fans to have 4 teams playing in CL.

Each to his own, you're free to want the number of Italian teams in the CL but don't back it up with revenues because revenues don't make the difference when you have so many rich clubs out there.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Stop with this bull$#@! money story.

Man City, PSG and United are spending more than any other teams and yet they're failing miserably.

Serie A should have 4 teams back in CL because it has always been the most prestige league in the world and it's only normal and more beautiful for Serie A and Italian fans to have 4 teams playing in CL.

Each to his own, you're free to want the number of Italian teams in the CL but don't back it up with revenues because revenues don't make the difference when you have so many rich clubs out there.
Amazing logic.

There's obviously a positive correlation between income and trophies even though the correlation isn't 1.0.

And we may not be able to match the revenues of the richest teams but closing the gap and/or increasing our earnings obviously helps.

The reason we were able to sign Dybala for 40 and Alex Sandro for 26m because of our growth in revenue. A few years ago, we had to settle for Matri, Quag, and Vucinic. We couldn't afford to spend 26m on a striker let alone a FB. Do you think our team was just as good in 2011-12 with Pepe and Giaccherini as starters?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Amazing logic.

There's obviously a positive correlation between income and trophies even though the correlation isn't 1.0.

And we may not be able to match the revenues of the richest teams but closing the gap and/or increasing our earnings obviously helps.

The reason we were able to sign Dybala for 40 and Alex Sandro for 26m because of our growth in revenue. A few years ago, we had to settle for Matri, Quag, and Vucinic. We couldn't afford to spend 26m on a striker let alone a FB. Do you think our team was just as good in 2011-12 with Pepe and Giaccherini as starters?

Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo were brought in for peanuts. Of course you need good results to complete one hell of a deal once in a while but it's not something to back up your argument saying if none of the Italian teams play it's better for us due to revenues.

Atletico Madrid spent almost nothing and were just 20 seconds away to win the CL against Real Madrid after winning the La Liga, a stupid mistake for not marking Ramos well in the corner gifted Real Madrid the trophy not the revenue.

When Porto, Liverpool won the CL our revenue was 3x theirs.

Obviously the more money the better, there's no disagreement here but it's not the reason for success and not a reason to wish Italian teams not to participate in Europe.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
it's not something to back up your argument saying if none of the Italian teams play it's better for us due to revenues.
I said it's better for us in the short run but not in the long run, and that's true.

Atletico Madrid spent almost nothing and were just 20 seconds away to win the CL against Real Madrid after winning the La Liga
Simeone's Atletico is an exception rather than the norm.

Obviously the more money the better, there's no disagreement here but it's not the reason for success
It's not THE reason for success, but it's A reason for success.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Just a fact for the argument of money & CL success, last season in the CL knockouts, the team with the higher revenue has always progressed/won except for Two encounters: Monaco vs. Arsenal & Juve vs. Real.

Thats 13/15 where the richer team has won.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I said it's better for us in the short run but not in the long run, and that's true.

Simeone's Atletico is an exception rather than the norm.

It's not THE reason for success, but it's A reason for success.
Atletico are not an exception the list is long and I can provide you many examples.

A reason for success or not 4 Italian teams or 3 Italian teams in CL wouldn't make a difference and should not make a difference for Juve.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Atletico are not an exception the list is long and I can provide you many examples.
I think we both know what exception means.

The list long (if you want to call it that, that's relative) because the game and the competition have been around for a long time. But lets see the list.

Atletico didn't win, but Porto or Monaco winning are exceptions because it doesn't happen every other year but rather every once in a while.

And had the CL been in league and not a cup format, Porto and Monaco never would've won it. Luck also plays a part in cup competitions.

Domestically, Atletico pipping Barca and Real to the title was as surprising as Montpellier winning it. Something that happens once in a blue moon.

And Simeone turning Atletico into an established European top team over multiple seasons with such limited resources is unique. I'd like to see your list.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
So now not only Atletico are exception, Monaco and Porto winning it was an exception too.

How about Aged Milan team in 2007? Oddo, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Kaladze, Ambrosini. How much did they spend on their squad? They paid 8.5m for Kaka, that's how much they paid for someone who helped them with aged squad win the CL.

How about Liverpool's avrage team in 2006? Do you know the average squad they had?

How about Chelsea in 2012? Winning the CL with Roberto Di Matteo when no one heard of him with the likes of Luiz, Ashley Cole, Bertrand, Kalou, Mata, Bosingwa starting most of their matches.

How about the finalist Dortmund in 2013? How much did they spend on their squad vs other revenues?

You want more? Do you want me to also elaborate how much less these teams spent than the others and how much their revenues didn't make a lot of difference as you are claiming?

Juve under Capello had Del Piero, Zlatan, Trezeguet, Nedved, Camoranesi, Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambrotta, Mutu, Vieira, Emerson and YET they failed to make it to the finals.

Yes, go on and explain how 4 Italian teams in CL would ruin Juve's revenue.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
So now not only Atletico are exception, Monaco and Porto winning it was an exception too.

How about Aged Milan team in 2007? Oddo, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Kaladze, Ambrosini. How much did they spend on their squad? They paid 8.5m for Kaka, that's how much they paid for someone who helped them with aged squad win the CL.

How about Liverpool's avrage team in 2006? Do you know the average squad they had?

How about Chelsea in 2012? Winning the CL with Roberto Di Matteo when no one heard of him with the likes of Luiz, Ashley Cole, Bertrand, Kalou, Mata, Bosingwa starting most of their matches.

How about the finalist Dortmund in 2013? How much did they spend on their squad vs other revenues?

You want more? Do you want me to also elaborate how much less these teams spent than the others and how much their revenues didn't make a lot of difference as you are claiming?

Juve under Capello had Del Piero, Zlatan, Trezeguet, Nedved, Camoranesi, Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambrotta, Mutu, Vieira, Emerson and YET they failed to make it to the finals.

Yes, go on and explain how 4 Italian teams in CL would ruin Juve's revenue.
It seems you don't know what exception means (or you're pretending you don't know what it means), and the teams you mentioned were hardly poor or hardly crap.

You haven't provided the long list.

It's common sense that the more income you have, the likelier you're to succeed. $ isn't the only ingredient, but it's one of the ingredients for success.

Like Ocelot said, in the CL knockouts last season, in 13 out of 15 cases, the richer team won. That alone should paint a clear picture for you. The 13 are the norm, the two are the exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)