[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not close at all, Messi is a far better player than Ronaldo and the only department Ronaldo is able to keep up with Messi is goals. When u compare the goals of both players Messi has to work so much harder for his goals and does not rely on his team mates to get most of his goals.

Ronaldo is playing purely for goals and nothing else, Messi is creating the majority of the chances for Barca and scoring some very tough goals out of no where in a moment of magic.

Messi is so far ahead of Ronaldo it's not even remotely close. Ronaldo rarely impresses me when i watch him but Messi has taken my breathe away countless times this season with his amazing dribbling, passing, vision, goals and technical ability.
Your such a fanboy it is ridiculous. Messi doesn't work way harder for his goals. Some of them, sure. Others no. He plays with Neymar and Suarez FFS.

This year Messi:

35 Liga games. 40 goals. 18 assists
11 CL games. 10 goals. 4 assists

Ronaldo:

33 Liga games. 42 goals 15 assists
11 CL games. 10 goals. 3 assists

Stop the nonsense about assists. Messi has 4 more assists in 2 more games. And 2 less goals. They're having basically identical seasons. But Barca has the 3 of the 5 best attackers on the planet in a single team, which is a huge advantage for Messi.

As I said. He's better. Saying otherwise is silly. But saying it's not even close is equally silly and laughable. Get a grip on the fanboy thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Your such a fanboy it is ridiculous. Messi doesn't work way harder for his goals. Some of them, sure. Others no. He plays with Neymar and Suarez FFS.

This year Messi:

35 Liga games. 40 goals. 18 assists
11 CL games. 10 goals. 4 assists

Ronaldo:

33 Liga games. 42 goals 15 assists
11 CL games. 10 goals. 3 assists

Stop the nonsense about assists. Messi has 4 more assists in 2 more games. And 2 less goals. They're having basically identical seasons. But Barca has the 3 of the 5 best attackers on the planet in a single team, which is a huge advantage for Messi.

As I said. He's better. Saying otherwise is silly. But saying it's not even close is equally silly and laughable. Get a grip on the fanboy thing.
Messi is playing on a completely different level than Ronaldo.

He makes his team mates and players on the other team look average compared to him.

Check all the stats and not just goals and assists, Ronaldo's assists are like his goals very basic and simple.

Messi's goals and assists are far more impressive. Don't believe me that's fine but I bet If u find a compilation of their goals and assists one player will stand out much more than the other and we both know who I'm talking about.

Check chances created, total passes, successful dribbled completed, shooting accuracy and i bet Messi will trump him on everything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Messi is playing on a completely different level than Ronaldo.

He makes his team mates and players on the other team look average compared to him.

Check all the stats and not just goals and assists, Ronaldo's assists are like his goals very basic and simple.

Messi's goals and assists are far more impressive. Don't believe me that's fine but I bet If u find a compilation of their goals and assists one player will stand out much more than the other and we both know who I'm talking about.

Check chances created, total passes, successful dribbled completed, shooting accuracy and i bet Messi will trump him on everything.
Whoop dee fucking doo!

You must be trolling. It's always the fanboys who bring this shit up.

I don't give a shit whose goals look better. Whose assists look better. Who does what little intangibles. I saw Ronaldo win the ball back in his own half in the CL final last year which led directly to the winning goal. Who cares. Both him and Messi hardly track back.

Messi makes his teammates better? Cool story bro. Tell me more impossible things to prove. Messi completes not passes? Of course, he's a number 10. The majority of his passes go 6 yards.

The point of the game is to score and to create goals with assists. The prettiness of the assist or goal means fuck all. And it always will mean fuck all. Ronaldo and Messi are both incredibly effective at winning games for their teams. To very similar levels.

Stop trolling. You couldn't be content saying Messi had a great game, you had to bring up Ronaldo and say Messi is way better. And say Messi is the best of all time. Two ridiculously subjective things that are totally unprovable. It's ridiculous.

You're a fanboy to the utmost.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Messi makes his teammates better? Cool story bro. Tell me more impossible things to prove. Messi completes not passes? Of course, he's a number 10. The majority of his passes go 6 yards.

You need to watch him more closely besides just goals for sure it seems. I mean we saw tonight he assisted 1 goal and created 3 other opening chances to his teammates that they missed, vs a top team like Bayern. He is pretty much the best most consistent passer around nowadays in terms of creating direct chances to his teammates, effortless vision really, and you simplify him to just 6 yards passer? He is a pure playmaker, Ronaldo shouldnt even be brought up, they are nowhere near comparable as playmakers, considerable margin of difference in this regard, only thing required for this is just watching both of them. If not whole season or entire careers, just last night to tonight is enough. Not win or loss or the goals, just what they do on the pitch, one waits to be served, the other created all the chances for his team.

OQAJWBV.gif

Nhepcd1.gif

V1rfO3B.gif

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
[/B]

You need to watch him more closely besides just goals for sure it seems. I mean we saw tonight he assisted 1 goal and created 3 other opening chances to his teammates that they missed, vs a top team like Bayern. He is pretty much the best most consistent passer around nowadays in terms of creating direct chances to his teammates, effortless vision really, and you simplify him to just 6 yards passer? He is a pure playmaker, Ronaldo shouldnt even be brought up, they are nowhere near comparable as playmakers, considerable margin of difference in this regard, only thing required for this is just watching both of them. If not whole season or entire careers, just last night to tonight is enough. Not win or loss or the goals, just what they do on the pitch, one waits to be served, the other created all the chances for his team.
Seriously. That's what you took exception too. What I said is entirely true. The majority of his passes are short little sinks to a nearby player. Does this mean that I said he doesn't also make quite a number of very good long passes in a match? No. It means the style of play of Barca dictates lots of short passing in between those long passes.

Hence. "The MAJORITY (OVER 50%) of his passes are short passes"... It's way higher than 50%. But you arguing this just shows how ridiculous you guys get when anyone says anything about Messi. I didn't even say anything bad about him, anywhere. I even said it was clear to me he is the better player, but the two of them are very close.

I like results. They get the same results. They win their teams points. Last year, Ronaldo had better teammates and had a much better season than Messi. This year Messi has Neymar and Suarez, as opposed to Ronaldo with Benzema and an out of form the entire year Bale... This year Barca is doing better, last year Real Madrid did better and Ronaldo broke the CL goalscoring record. By a country mile.

And no Ronaldo doesn't always wait to be served. He creates a large number of chances for Madrid. I've watched Bale fuck up innumerable chances supplied by Ronaldo. Messi certainly is a better creator, hence the reason he is a better player in my opinion. But the margins are slim. A goal is a goal. An assist is an assist. Etc. I don't care about how impressive they look. A shit tap in is equally valuable on the scoreboard to a run of the entire field to score. And it's not as though Ronaldo only scores tap-ins. :lol:

I'm done with this. You two are fanboys through and through.

Jul 20, 2012
Seriously. That's what you took exception too. What I said is entirely true. The majority of his passes are short little sinks to a nearby player. Does this mean that I said he doesn't also make quite a number of very good long passes in a match? No. It means the style of play of Barca dictates lots of short passing in between those long passes.

Hence. "The MAJORITY (OVER 50%) of his passes are short passes"... It's way higher than 50%. But you arguing this just shows how ridiculous you guys get when anyone says anything about Messi. I didn't even say anything bad about him, anywhere. I even said it was clear to me he is the better player, but the two of them are very close.

I like results. They get the same results. They win their teams points. Last year, Ronaldo had better teammates and had a much better season than Messi. This year Messi has Neymar and Suarez, as opposed to Ronaldo with Benzema and an out of form the entire year Bale... This year Barca is doing better, last year Real Madrid did better and Ronaldo broke the CL goalscoring record. By a country mile.

And no Ronaldo doesn't always wait to be served. He creates a large number of chances for Madrid. I've watched Bale $#@! up innumerable chances supplied by Ronaldo. Messi certainly is a better creator, hence the reason he is a better player in my opinion. But the margins are slim. A goal is a goal. An assist is an assist. Etc. I don't care about how impressive they look. A $#@! tap in is equally valuable on the scoreboard to a run of the entire field to score. And it's not as though Ronaldo only scores tap-ins. :lol:

I'm done with this. You two are fanboys through and through.
Might as well support Barca

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Forget stats. Just watch them. Messi is on a different planet.
[/B]

OQAJWBV.gif

Nhepcd1.gif

V1rfO3B.gif

:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:sergio: You allways say the same thing, you hide behind semantics trying to appear balanced, the reason I highlighted that was you were undermining his range of passing and creativity. Ronaldo IS deadly, but just watch a run of full games with each (I see more Real games, due to my brother, but also because their midfield can be sick to watch), Cristiano RELIES on Modric, Kroos, James to open things up and get to the action/final plays (wether he shoots or lays it off to someone nearby is another matter), Messi pretty much builds up and starts almost all the action for Barca, him and secondly the very underrated Rakitic.

The difference is stark between these two players. They are both extremely deadly, but one of them is alot more predictable and onesided in approach, pure striker almost, while the other one is the engine and playmaker for his team in almost all every way. Why is acknowledging this very obvious difference between them being a fanboy? Please tell me how Ronaldo goes about doing things in a game compared to this, how is he comparable in this facet? Do you remember the last classico? Barca nullified and shut down? Who assisted both of Barca's goals while they were busy bunkering up? Do you see Ronaldo do stuff like that against run of play? Create chances for others suddenly on consistent basis?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:sergio: You allways say the same thing, you hide behind semantics trying to appear balanced, the reason I highlighted that was you were undermining his range of passing and creativity. Ronaldo IS deadly, but just watch a run of full games with each (I see more Real games, due to my brother, but also because their midfield can be sick to watch), Cristiano RELIES on Modric, Kroos, James to open things up and get to the action/final plays (wether he shoots or lays it off to someone nearby is another matter), Messi pretty much builds up and starts almost all the action for Barca, him and secondly the very underrated Rakitic.

The difference is stark between these two players. They are both extremely deadly, but one of them is alot more predictable and onesided in approach, pure striker almost, while the other one is the engine and playmaker for his team in almost all every way. Why is acknowledging is this very obvious difference between being a fanboy? Please tell me how Ronaldo goes about doing things in a game compared to this, how is he comparable in this facet? Do you remember the last classico? Barca nullified and shut down? Who assisted both of Barca's goals while they were busy bunkering up? Do you see Ronaldo do stuff like that against run of play? Create chances for others suddenly on consistent basis?
Do you remember the classico before that? Where Messi was absolutely nullified. And Ronaldo created a half-dozen chances for teammates, plus scored a penalty, plus created the last goal in the 3-1 drubbing.

I've never once said there isn't a very obvious difference in the style of play of the two. And I've multiple times said I think Messi is a better player, offers more. But the margins are nowhere near as big as you 2 say. And some vague eye test says very little.

You highlighted fuck all. Everyone knew exactly what I was saying. VIalli was saying look at pass% and numbers. Of course Messi's will be much higher. He's played in various versions of tiki-taka and other short passing schemes his entire career basically. I've seen him misplace countless long passes and through balls. I've seen him succeed on countless others. Ronaldo, is actually a fantastic crosser, one of the most unnoticed aspects of his game, his placement is brilliant. But that's not really a tangible thing to measure. The assists due to this are though. Just as the assists due to Messi's sublime through balls and long balls are. But that's it. The rest is nonsense. And that was my point.

You're being a total hypocrite here. And your arguing for something that there is no way of proving. The things that matter. Goals and assists... Lately, Ronaldo has had a slight advantage in goals, and Messi a slight advantage in assists, Messi an advantage in chances created. Therefore Messi is better. Do I need to say this again. Messi is better. The amount he is better is little. Everything tangible backs me up. Not you. Me. I don't care about intangibles, or prettiness of play, or more difficult goals or assists. They all count equally. Ronaldo and Messi are very close in terms of level, because their results prove it. Both in the way they win games for the team, the goals scored, the assists given......

Enough. I won't respond again to this. It's silly. And I don't feel like getting irritated with you because of this argument. I like you. I think you're a great poster here. I even agree with you that Messi is better. We just disagree on how much better. It's not that big a deal. I'm sorry for calling you fanboy. The term is ridiculous anyways. Heat of the moment.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
I don't know how anyone can argue ronaldo is even close to messi's level. The only way you can make that argument is with stats, if you actually watch the two players it becomes clear there is a big gap in quality.

Even our game is an example. Ronaldo got on the score sheet, another goal to his name, but it was created by his teammates and James. It was clever movement but clever movement doesn't make you the best player in the world.

Ronaldo is a massive marketing tool for real Madrid and they do everything they can to boost his stats and get him to score, partly because he throws a hissyfit if he doesn't, and partly because a star like ronaldo scoring is going to attract viewers. He's a winger but again as you saw in our game he drifts to the center constantly to get into scoring positions, he's basically been a striker the past two seasons.

Messi on the other hand has moved to the wing to allow suarez to play in the centre, but messi is still putting up stats like ronaldo, the difference is messi creates most of his own chances

Ronaldos no doubt #2 right now but that's all he is. Messi is the best of all time. And I know tuz hates that, but its just the truth.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Transfermarkt data:

14/15 season

Messi - 53 goals 29 assists

Neymar - 34 goals 10 assists

Suarez - 24 goals 20 assists

Total: 108 goals 59 assists in around 50 official games

Average of more than 2 goals and 1 assist by these 3 per game

Is this shit real???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)