[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Tough draw, but there was always a fair chance of that.

Not a team I'd say Juve are particularly well suited to playing. 3-5-2 against 4-2-3-1 is awkward and Bayern's main weakness is their CBs, but Juve may well not have the forwards to take advantage of that.

I'd look for Juve to sort of twist their shape towards 4-4-2 a little - like they did in the game away to Shakhtar.

That would involve Chiellini and Lichtsteiner playing more like fullbacks than they normally so, so that they can directly take on Muller and Ribery.

That would then leave Asamoah free to play higher up the pitch to take on Lahm and Barzagli and Bonucci to deal with Mandzukic.

Kroos v Pirlo is an awkward one. Kroos is a dangerous player, but he isn't going to close Pirlo down as well as certain others might, so you have to look for Pirlo to assert himself like he did against Kroos when Italy beat Germany in the summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Italy has never been beaten by Germany in a competitive match.

Andrea Pirlo: Has faced Bayern Munich 6 times in the Champions League and has never been on the losing side (4 wins, 2 draws).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta prove it with the big dogs. Worthy match-up for this round of the competition.

Oh, and fuck the EPL.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
1-1 draw at the Allianz would be beautiful.For me it would be an amazing result personally.But 0-0 is going to be very dangerous though ,it will still put the tie in the balance.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Just saw the draw and Bayern it is. They seem to be losing good form as the season is coming to an end. Maybe lack of real opposition in Bundesliga is to blame for that. We on the other hand are playing better lately and if bring good result home 1-1, or 2-1 loss we have a good chance in the return game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
They seem to be losing good form as the season is coming to an end.
They do seem to have switched off a bit since winning 3-1 against Arsenal.

Understandable when you're already through to the next round and miles ahead in the league.

Their problem is going to be whether they can refind their intensity on a regular basis, because it ain't easy just to flick a switch and suddenly play at a very high level.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
They do seem to have switched off a bit since winning 3-1 against Arsenal.

Understandable when you're already through to the next round and miles ahead in the league.

Their problem is going to be whether they can refind their intensity on a regular basis, because it ain't easy just to flick a switch and suddenly play at a very high level.
Of course. Having an enormous advantage in the league and winning against Arsenal away would make an impact on players of any club. They relaxed and it could cost them against our motivated side. I know Conte will kick our players to give maximum.

Sep 21, 2010
How's Bayerns defense been this year? I imagine their defense is not that stellar. Probably not the worst our mediocre attack could run into and not the best we've faced this year so far. Anyone know a little more about the ins and outs of their back line? Who do they start in the center? Badstuber and Dante?

I can't say I like the draw, but I don't hate it either. At this stage, you aren't gonna get an easy match up no matter who you land. I have confidence that we can pull a result away from them at the Allianz and advance with a victory at home.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Our team is capable of both advancing to the semis and collapsing in the first game something like 3-0 or 4-1. Wonder wish Juve will see, everytime this team was entering a big tested, the players answered and delivered some good games. Hopefully they'll do the same at Munich, altough we don't have big CL experience, the majority of our players bar the strikers maybe played in high stakes pressures games with their NT.
It will be interesting to see how Conte will handle the biggest game of his carrer as of yet, expect him to deliver the goods :p

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
Am I the first Bayern fan here? :vinny:

Anyways, looking forward to two fantastic ties between two of Europe's biggest clubs. I know that both fans and the club greatly respect and admire Juve. It was said that at the beginning of the season when Javi and Schweini still had to get used to each other, Heynckes told them to take Pirlo and Vidal as an example. Heynckes is one of Juve's biggest fanboys and often praises their excellent defense and midfield.

I don't think that we're favorites tbh, as we haven't been that consistent in the Champions league. Juve surely will be our biggest test so far.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Just saw the draw and Bayern it is. They seem to be losing good form as the season is coming to an end. Maybe lack of real opposition in Bundesliga is to blame for that. We on the other hand are playing better lately and if bring good result home 1-1, or 2-1 loss we have a good chance in the return game.
yeah but we tend to play better from february onwards any ways because Conte puts the players through their paces during the winter break, hence why we always seem to have a dip in January only to reap the rewards towards the end of the season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)