[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (13 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
tbh i fear the German sides.. specially Dortmound this guys with juse are the most teams that spit blood while playin'.. a final between us and bayeren will be just epic!

May 22, 2007
We'll see what happens in the next round but it seems destined for Madrid to win this CL and for Ronaldo to finally overcome Messi in something.

But they do not look unbeatable, that is a certainty.
They don't seem that comfortable to play directly when a team is looking to defend, but I'd be concerned about them countering against a 3 man defence.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It was an orange card. :D
The red can be justified, but it's harsh, no doubt about it. I would have given a yellow myself (and as we all know I am a great referee). ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
how many players blindly go up like that knowing a defender challenges will be there?? that was extremely reckless and dangerous
Its the same like going for a header with ellbows slashing around

you might not intent it, but you know the consequenses

OFFCOURSE he saw the defender comming, yet he took the decision. How on earth could that collission have been avoided

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
how many players blindly go up like that knowing a defender challenges will be there?? that was extremely reckless and dangerous
Seriously, you can't pull your leg up that way in that part of the pitch and don't expect a defender to come near the ball in a situation like that. I think Nani's reaction convinced the ref with his intentions.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
They don't seem that comfortable to play directly when a team is looking to defend, but I'd be concerned about them countering against a 3 man defence.
Well without Marcelo they are not getting any fullbacks involved in the play. I don't rate Alonso either in that particular Madrid setup. And Mourinho usually plays a deadweight beside him as it is.

It's hard to say though because Man U had a great plan against them. Their pace on the outside forced Madrid's fullbacks back even if they wanted to go forward.

I think we'd probably utilize something in the opposite direction. See, our problem that we suck at countering is going to eventually rear it's ugly head. If we tried Man U's tactics, Madrid would see no problem to push players forward. We don't have the pace to scare them back. Then maybe we'd opt to try and play possession and risk monster counter attack opportunities which I'm positive Bonucci, in particular, would get eaten alive against.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What a perfect night if football

butthurt closet man u supporters
EPL probably kicked out

Borussia trough so they can be drawn to madrid (lol) or bayern (lol) next round

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

OFFCOURSE he saw the defender comming, yet he took the decision. How on earth could that collission have been avoided
Seriously, you can't pull your leg up that way in that part of the pitch and don't expect a defender to come near the ball in a situation like that. I think Nani's reaction convinced the ref with his intentions.

it's a clear red for me, that kick could have caused a lot of damage

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Yes. But those elbows on headers always earn a yellow card unless the player pulls a De Rossi on McBride and tries to splatter his brains, which is intent.

There is no power behind Nani's leg, he's trying to cradle a ball. It's not a stamp or a tackle! It's just a loose foot. It doesn't even hurt. His leg recoils instantly because it's just a limp leg trying to take a ball down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)