[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (146 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Borussia dortmund were the Germans champions in 2010 yet they were eliminated last season from first round. Man united were the EPL champions that year too and were eliminated last season from CL group stage, not to mention Man city who are the current PL holders and they look pretty likely to get eliminated from their group !

And if you consider the fact that Conte is banned from the touchline, the results in Europe are really not that bad (we're yet to lose by the way in this group).
and those were huge failures too. Inexcusable failures.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
^ if we beat Chelsea then a draw will be enough, can't see them losing to Nords in the final game.
Even if we draw against Chelsea and then win against Shaktar, it will be us and Shaktar at 10 points each and Chelsea at 11 (assuming that both of them beat Nords). In that case it'll be decided on the head-to-head between us and Shaktar, which will mean we go through. Same case if we beat Chelsea and draw against Shaktar, in which case us and Shaktar will go through. Unless I'm mistaken about the head to head rule and it's the goal difference that matters.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Even if we draw against Chelsea and then win against Shaktar, it will be us and Shaktar at 10 points each and Chelsea at 11 (assuming that both of them beat Nords). In that case it'll be decided on the head-to-head between us and Shaktar, which will mean we go through. Same case if we beat Chelsea and draw against Shaktar, in which case us and Shaktar will go through. Unless I'm mistaken about the head to head rule and it's the goal difference that matters.
head to head counts if I remember correctly :)
we need to beat Chelsea, cos winning away to shaktar will be a much much harder task. Imagine if we have to do it without chiello or marchisio in the away game at shaktar. Whom outplayed us at our ground.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And possibly face humuliation further in the tournament.
I don't get this, which team in the Europe exactly is capable of humiliating us? If we make it to knock-out stages from this group, then we have as good a shot at the title as anyone in this competition.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
IIRC it's goal difference first, then head to head if it can't be solved by the prior.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
No fucking about, we will just beat Chelsea and beat Shaktar and top the group. Conte will have the bat with nails out in full force if they don't.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't believe some people are saying that its ok if Juve don't qualify to the knock out stages this year?! That's such bullshit, a team that has gone on a 49 game unbeaten run, and that is dominating Italian football for the past 1 and a half year, to not get past the group stage is nothing short of inexcusable failure.
Failure, but not inexcusable. We didn't draw a group like Man Utd. Now that would be an inexcusable failure.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Failure, but not inexcusable. We didn't draw a group like Man Utd. Now that would be an inexcusable failure.
Exactly. I am happy we got this group. Its exactly the group Juve needed to prove to everyone either they are ready for this competition or that they are another year or so away to make it the show. I think we will, Juve have shown their strength the past 3 games and will hopefully continue into the Chelsea game and beyond. We are not complete but when we play our pressing game like today against Lazio we are every tough to beat and pretty much dont win because we simply fail to score not because we were beat. Make sense :)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)