[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (39 Viewers)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I actually fear madrid and united more than the germans... why, because of their coaches... mou seem to be the only 'foreign' coach out there who know about our style and serie a, he won't fell to the italian trap; while fergie obviously the most experienced coach in the history and he also know about us since long ago, his former players said they learned from us.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I want all British teams knocked out,so...Hala Madrid.
I'm pretty sure the Brits are all out after this round :agree:

Arsenal will get demolished like Basel last year. United, a quality team though, often struggle against teams with a good midfield.

We aren't experienced in the CL to be such a big threat imo. With a fortunate draw we could find ourselves in the Semi's, but that's about it. Bayern and barfelona are the favorites to win.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
United's midfield has improved considerably tbh ever since Carrick found his form again, and Ferguson started using the duo of Carrick - Cleverly on a regular basis, instead of fiddling around with different partnerships.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We aren't experienced in the CL to be such a big threat imo. With a fortunate draw we could find ourselves in the Semi's, but that's about it. Bayern and barfelona are the favorites to win.
I think we can beat any team, and not in a celtic cl winning type way. Nobody will take us for an easy tie and I think that we are good enough to possibly beat any team. And I'm not saying we will win the CL.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Amazing match today. I'm going with Real - Manchester.

I predict Real win.
If Man Utd aren't careful, I could well see Real giving them a thrashing tonight.

Man Utd's defence isn't really capable of soaking up pressure, so Man Utd are going to have to keep the ball very well.

Fail at that and and Real could score quite a few.

United's midfield has improved considerably tbh ever since Carrick found his form again, and Ferguson started using the duo of Carrick - Cleverly on a regular basis, instead of fiddling around with different partnerships.
He's also been inclined to get one of the wide players tucked in a bit recently, so that they have a bit more strength in the middle.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Can't wait for this game. Real has been playing like shit so it's hard to tell who's gonna win. Whoever it is, I want us to meet them in the next round. Can't think of a more appropriate team :D

A team like PSG or Porto in the semis. And Dortmund in the final.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Man Utd aren't careful, I could well see Real giving them a thrashing tonight.

Man Utd's defence isn't really capable of soaking up pressure, so Man Utd are going to have to keep the ball very well.

Fail at that and and Real could score quite a few.

He's also been inclined to get one of the wide players tucked in a bit recently, so that they have a bit more strength in the middle.
Ya true.

He'll probably ask Rooney to play deeper, in the hole behind the striker today, or he might play with 3 central mids, only one real winger, and ask Rooney to start on the left.

If he goes with the former option it might hurt Real tbh, they don't deal with those kind of players very well when they play the Alonso - Khedira duo in midfield. Kroos ran them ragged last season, and took advantage of the space afforded to him. It will be very interesting to see if Mourinho will opt to pack the midfield and play with 3 CM's to avoid what happened last season, or if he'll play his customary 4-2-3-1.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ya true.

He'll probably ask Rooney to play deeper, in the hole behind the striker today, or he might play with 3 central mids, only one real winger, and ask Rooney to start on the left.

If he goes with the former option it might hurt Real tbh, they don't deal with those kind of players very well when they play the Alonso - Khedira duo in midfield. Kroos ran them ragged last season, and took advantage of the space afforded to him. It will be very interesting to see if Mourinho will opt to pack the midfield and play with 3 CM's to avoid what happened last season, or if he'll play his customary 4-2-3-1.
I'd expect Rooney to start on the left.

Man Utd'll probably play Jones, Carrick and Cleverly in central midfield, assuming Jones is fit.

Not sure what Real will do. I'd be putting Modric into the midfield with Khedira and Alonso and playing Ozil from the wing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)