[CL] Champions League 2011/12 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was looking at Udinese's potential rivals in the last qualifying round in CL and I see that they are unseeded and they'll face one of Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Lyon, Benfica and Villarreal.
I checked what would have happened if Juve won the 4th place last season and I see that we were too gonna be unseeded and we were gonna face one of the 5 above mentioned teams.

Now, all the above isn't really important since Juve didn't win the 4th place. BUT, if Juve wins 3rd place next year then we'll have to play CL qualifiers and there is a more than solid chance to be faced with opponents similar or same with the ones Udinese will have to face. In other words...the 4th placed teams in Germany, Spain, England, the 3rd placed team in France and the 2nd placed team in Portugal.
What I'm trying to say is that we have way too little uefa pts and winning 3rd place in serie A is very far from a guarantee to play CL the following season. Gone are the times when even the 4th place in serie A was more or less guaranteed to play in CL. Now only 1st and 2nd give certainties.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
England for one will have a strong squad in 4th. I don't think Germany and Spain are to be feared as much, maybe France with PSG going into title contention too.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was looking at Udinese's potential rivals in the last qualifying round in CL and I see that they are unseeded and they'll face one of Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Lyon, Benfica and Villarreal.
I checked what would have happened if Juve won the 4th place last season and I see that we were too gonna be unseeded and we were gonna face one of the 5 above mentioned teams.

Now, all the above isn't really important since Juve didn't win the 4th place. BUT, if Juve wins 3rd place next year then we'll have to play CL qualifiers and there is a more than solid chance to be faced with opponents similar or same with the ones Udinese will have to face. In other words...the 4th placed teams in Germany, Spain, England, the 3rd placed team in France and the 2nd placed team in Portugal.
What I'm trying to say is that we have way too little uefa pts and winning 3rd place in serie A is very far from a guarantee to play CL the following season. Gone are the times when even the 4th place in serie A was more or less guaranteed to play in CL. Now only 1st and 2nd give certainties.
Tell that to the people who said Juve's performances in the Europa League last season didn't matter.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
England for one will have a strong squad in 4th. I don't think Germany and Spain are to be feared as much, maybe France with PSG going into title contention too.
Germany and Spain should have good squads in 4th. Maybe a team like Malaga, investing a lot this summer and even more next summer, or some tricky German team (one of Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen).

Our chance will be teams like Malaga or some less known team in Germany to win the 4th place so Juve would sneak among the seeded teams and avoid the possibility of facing the strongest teams in the qualifiers.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Tell that to the people who said Juve's performances in the Europa League last season didn't matter.
We tied Man City :weee:

Germany and Spain should have good squads in 4th. Maybe a team like Malaga, investing a lot this summer and even more next summer, or some tricky German team (one of Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund, Leverkusen).

Our chance will be teams like Malaga or some less known team in Germany to win the 4th place so Juve would sneak among the seeded teams and avoid the possibility of facing the strongest teams in the qualifiers.
Bayern should do better than 4th, Dortmund too seeing as they've kept the majority of the team. The rest of them are hit or miss. Schalke might've beat Inter but they're horrible. I think some midtable team will overachieve and get the spot.

I forgot about Malaga, they've still to build a proper team though. I think we could beat a team like Villarreal or Atl.Madrid.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
We tied Man City :weee:

Bayern should do better than 4th, Dortmund too seeing as they've kept the majority of the team. The rest of them are hit or miss. Schalke might've beat Inter but they're horrible. I think some midtable team will overachieve and get the spot.

I forgot about Malaga, they've still to build a proper team though. I think we could beat a team like Villarreal or Atl.Madrid.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
In the CL play-off round, Udinese will have to play a team between Bayern M, Arsenal, Villarreal, Lione and Benfica, due to the Italian team's low coefficient.

In short, 3 teams it is for Italy in the CL groups.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Benfica, too, in theory.

Udinese won't beat any of them, though, since they sold so many key players.

Pity, because I would have like to see how last season's Udinese side could have done in the CL.

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
Jun 6, 2003
dule90 did you seen partizan-genk? the ultras from partizan werent scary at all. it was again a boring match and i hope genk and de bryne step up there game . but 4 a young baby team like genk we did good defended good in partizan. i hope genk plays cl next month vs barca and milan , they have more chanse than udine thats 4 sure. ppff i wanted to see sanchez raping arsenal with udine that would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)