[CL] Borussia Dortmund 0-3 JUVENTUS (March 18th, 2015) (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Evra

• Licht

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Tevez

• Morata

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2221425.html

The UEFA Champions League has been a welcome break from domestic troubles for Borussia Dortmund this season. Bottom of the Bundesliga at the start of February before their round of 16 first leg against Juventus, BVB have made a timely return to form to move clear of the bottom three.

Ahead of Wednesday's return match in Germany against the Italian champions, Jürgen Klopp – Dortmund coach since 2008 – reveals the coolest thing about his club and pays tribute to the coaches who shaped his career.

UEFA.com: 'Play, fun, thrill' is how you've described your team's style. Can we expect more of the same in the Juventus second leg?

Jürgen Klopp: I don't know if it needs to be exciting until the end, but if it gets dramatic, that means we are still in the race at that point – and that would be positive.

UEFA.com: Dortmund have won 11 of their last 14 UEFA Champions League home games. Why is the BVB stadium such a difficult place to visit?

Klopp: It's a special venue which demands special moments. It's really the coolest thing about the club. I have been here a while now, and still every time you enter the ground you get goosebumps.

UEFA.com: When BVB were struggling in the first half of the season, did you ever doubt yourself and your system?

Klopp: Well, it's OK to ask questions [of yourself], but not to put our system into question. It's not as dogmatic as it may seem: the players are not told to give the ball to the opposition so we have a chance to win it back – that's just nonsense. Even in the first part of the season there were a few good games, and we gained some confidence in the Champions League by winning matches. So we are not like a rabbit in the headlights, just standing there, shivering, unable to perform.

UEFA.com: Do you feel you have changed or developed since you've been here?

Klopp: Unfortunately visually of course, I've developed dramatically. But that's part of life. I have watched a few thousand more games, not only the ones I've been involved in but other matches too. That has made me a better coach and we [the training staff] have certainly improved.

UEFA.com: How crucial is Marco Reus to your side and the system you play?

Klopp: Just how important he is, you could see from the extension of his contract [last month]. With such a top player, and with our history [financially], you would think a player of his calibre would leave the club at some point. But even though the whole world wanted him, he said: "I'm staying here." I think that was an extraordinary act at such a young age and not normal, so that's why I think he is a great player and a great lad.

UEFA.com: Shinji Kagawa – how important is he to BVB?

Klopp: He is someone who moves so well in the most difficult areas of the pitch, between the two lines of four. It's like he is the sausage in a sandwich, because players are coming from all sides.

UEFA.com: Which coaches have influenced your style of management?

Klopp: Very easy: Walter Baur, my youth coach [during Klopp's playing days] at [seventh-tier] TuS Ergenzingen deserves to be mentioned. Then, definitely Wolfgang Frank, who did great work [when Klopp was playing] at 1. FSV Mainz 05. Maybe I could name my dad too – he used the little time that he had to play sports with his boy. And it's thanks to him that I love this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Serbian referee Milorad Mazic will be the man in charge of Juventus’ crucial Champions League tie on Wednesday.

The Bianconeri face Borussia Dortmund at Westfalenstadion in the second leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie, trying to hold onto a 2-1 win in Turin.

UEFA has announced the officials for the tie, with Mazic heading-up an all-Serbian team of officials.

The Old Lady will not have happy memories of the 41-year-old, who was in charge as they lost 1-0 to Olimpiacos in October.

Mazic will be supported in Germany by assistant referees Milovan Ristic and Dalibor Djurdjevic, goal-line officials Danilo Grujic and Dejan Filipovic and fourth official Dejan Petrovic.

- - - Updated - - -

worldreferee.com/referee/milorad_mazic

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
442 we look dangerous on counters, fragile on defense

352 we look strong on defense, fragile on offense

I'd go with the 442.

But with we do go with 352, play Pereyra instead of Vidal. His form is much better.

The problem is that Litch and Evra are inept to attack, so we'll probably be stuck backwards.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Still think our best bet is 4-4-2 and if all goes well we get the first goal, then introduce Barzagli and frustrate the fuck out of Dortmund. Essentially if we give them no space in behind to run in to we have a creatively average team full of headless chickens trying to break us down

Look at some of their attempted through balls in the home leg, they were awful.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think our tactical setup was perfect in the first game. Cant see why we should change much, perhaps soak chiellos boots in coca cola before the game.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Didn't he hit him with his head?
Pepe is a butcher.That's well known but he barely touch Miller's head after that retro guy fall like he was killed.I don't think that was enough for a yellow .Anyway he ruined the game.Yellow maybe but not red.It's only my opinion .Maybe he was strictly respecting the rules....

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pepe is a butcher.That's well known but he barely touch Miller's head after that retro guy fall like he was killed.I don't think that was enough for a yellow .Anyway he ruined the game.Yellow maybe but not red.It's only my opinion .Maybe he was strictly respecting the rules....
You have a video above, what he did was retarded.

Judging by you red card only makes sense if you stab a player with a kitchen knife.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
You have a video above, what he did was retarded.

Judging by you red card only makes sense if you stab a player with a kitchen knife.
Yes Pepe is retarded anyway and what he does was also retarded .And I don't think that deserved red card is only when you "stab a player with a kitchen knife" At least half of the refferies won't give a red for this.For example CL match Chelsea-PSG,Luiz did almost the same to Costa maybe worse, like Pepe did to Muller and didn't get even a yellow.Or that same Costa turn Chelsea player and knocked him down.Also without any card.What I mean, although I agree that ,like I said Pepe is retarded and a sample for a butcher with that red Mazic ruin the match.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yes Pepe is retarded anyway and what he does was also retarded .And I don't think that deserved red card is only when you "stab a player with a kitchen knife" At least half of the refferies won't give a red for this.For example CL match Chelsea-PSG,Luiz did almost the same to Costa like Pepe did to Muller and didn't get even a yellow.Or that same Costa turn Chelsea player and knocked him down.Also without any card.What I mean, although I agree that ,like I said Pepe is retarded and a sample for a butcher with that red Mazic ruin the match.
Ref was turned away when that happened and he didn't even see it.

Funny thing you mention that match as an example because referee was absolutely horrible and should be suspended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)