[CL] Bordeaux 2-0 Juventus, Nov 25th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
My God, when we're bad, we're really bad.

Beginning to get tired about the attitude of certain players. Some just aren't worthy of the shirt.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
we are royally fucked, and we have only ourselves to blame when we play disgusting football with a style that is comparable to shit on a stick

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I've seen some bad losses over the years. Some really heartbreaking ones.

But it has been a long time since I've seen this team actually play like they didn't want to be there.

starting Del Piero as a midfielder, who when he was in his prime 10 years ago, couldn't field the position, but to do it at the age of 35 and coming off a long layoff was a colossal mistake.

Our 2 destroyers in the midfield were outclassed, outworked, and outpaced by a Bordeaux team that was without clearly its best player in Gourcuff.

If he was there, the scoreline could have easily been 4-0.

I cannot believe tha I actually wasted valuable bandwidth on that match. Ferrara's tactics doomed this team from the start.

you cannot have two players such as Diego and Del Piero, who both need the ball in order to be effective, playing next to each other. It just does not work.

How can this coach subject Del Piero to that kind of nonsense? The guy was out with a muscle pull to his leg, for the love of God. And to put him in there,as a midfielder, against a team with blsitering speed like Bordeaux? Are you fucking kidding me?

I hated the lineup and formation from the start, and if he was insistent on putting Alex out there, you do it as a 4-3-1-2. His lone moment of brilliance came when he was deep in the box. He could not do anything out there playing so far wide, and how Ferrara does not see this is beyond anyhting that my feeble mind can possibly comprehend.

And when you have a slow midfield like the one they had out here tonight, you can't expect Amauri to get any sort of support as the lone striker. They could have had Dzeko out there tonight,and it would not have made any difference.

They only two who can even remotely hold their heads up high tonight are Buffon and Chiellini.

mjomran

Aug 19, 2004
Ferrara lacks courage and experience. I saw individuals not a team. I thought things will improve but seems this is not the case and Ferrara needs to be sacked.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Caceres was not that bad really, he made mistakes, but he wasnt the only and his contributions surpassed many of the ones of our top players...
I don't know which game you're watching but the guy is really bad. He can't defend "at all". He reminds me of molinaro but with a better cross on him....

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
My God, when we're bad, we're really bad.

Beginning to get tired about the attitude of certain players. Some just aren't worthy of the shirt
agreed, there just is no desire to win, we were simply out classed in every single minuite of the match

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #477
    Let's get Hiddink before it's too late. He's jobless now and we need a manager desperately.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    This shit was so frustrating....

Just remembering how terrible our payers were in the first half, with the formation too unorganized.... and they playing like if they had nothig to play for and were already 15 points clear at the top of the serie A.

This was too disgusting really.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I was really looking forward for this match. I was so optimistic that we were going to play some good football. But we did not. We did not even produce a decent football, not even a competitive football.
    Bordeaux were playing for fun, we were playing to qualify. We were outplayed from the beginning till the end. Besides the chance that Del Piero created to Diego/Amauri just before he was substituted we did not do anything worth mentioning offensively. Even after we went down 1-0 they continued to dominated the match as if we weren't even there. As if we have already qualified with first place and we did not want to get an injuries.
    We have a major tactical issue in the midfield.
    Until Melo regains back his form, Melo/Sissoko is a no go. Both players do not know how to pass the ball. And since 4-3-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 relies on a very compact and creative Center we can't afford playing them together.

There is not point in discussing what has just happened because it is a continuation of what has been happening all season. Our football is either Create or Defend. We cannot do both. If we push forward we seriously leak at the back and if we don't want to concede we cannot even create.
    Tonight we were worried about conceding so we couldn't create, and when we went down we never managed to pick ourselves up.

We cannot play with one forward alone as we played today. Honestly, we were playing better last year with the straight 4-4-2. At least we had more consistency (if you exclude the last 2.5 months of the season).

I am not saying we should return to 4-4-2, but we should definitely consider fixing the mess in the midfield before we put foot on a pitch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)