[CL] Bayern vs JUVENTUS [16th March, 2016] (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
No one said that what the press writes alone will make you successful or a failure. Ofcourse performance is more important. But to say that press coverage is irrelevant to how people perceive a club's performnces and thus to the club's commercial success is totally wrong. Thats why clubs do things like PR and Marketing man. If management doesn't think that press relations are important for the clubs image then that management should be sacked. They are not getting something that is ABC business.
And nobody underestimates the PR factor. But in devising a PR strategy I'd rather not pay much attention to tabloids like Goal.com.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A media outlet's popularity does not necessarily mean that they can make or break your success. In general, tabloids are more popular than respectable papers. Here's a list of top 10 UK papers by circulation:
1- The Sun 7
2-Daily Mail 6
3-Metro 10
4-Evening Standard n/a
5-Daily Mirror 7
6-Daily Telegraph 6
7-Daily Star 11
8-Daily Express 5
9-The Times 4
10-i 4
I added my garbage ratings out of 10, just for reference. And for the Sunday variations you can add another couple of points.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Well written
Both of them are not afraid to make changes. But Allegri really go self destruct mode. We already so good for 70 mins. And He really use unnecessary subs early with Khedira being replaced, Morata and Cuadrado also. And run out of options in extra time. While Pep, only change 2 things and focus on flank with Bernat and Coman on normal time

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I wish next time we don't play majority of the time on the back foot, even versus the elite teams.
But we're trying to play a defensive game. It's not so much that we're being pushed back it's that we're inviting them in with the belief that they won't be able to score aganist our defence.

Wrongly, I agree.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Totally agree. We need to have that predator instinct and finish games. Shatter teams when they are down..

But we instead give them chances to recover and pounce. Is weird.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
I still cant get this match out of my head. $#@!.
Same here. A feeling of powerless and failure.

20 fucking years of disappointments. The dream is over. We are just a bunch of losers when it comes to the CL. We can have the best players in the world like in the 90s but we always find a way to lose.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Bayern are able to steamroll the Bundesliga and do well in Europe. It's all about having winners on your team which we do but we dont have the money to sign the best attacking players in the world who can change a game on their own.
Tell me a bayerns 100 mil striker pls. Ok..tell me a 80...fine..tell me a 60 mils striker. Oh wait..

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
And nobody underestimates the PR factor. But in devising a PR strategy I'd rather not pay much attention to tabloids like Goal.com.
I completely disagree. Sites like Goal are insanely popular and millions get their football information from that site. You might not think its a good source for analysis (I agree its terrible) but swaths of people do. I don't understand how you deny that they influence people's perception.

Not every football fan is as serious about it as we are. There are many fans that are much more casual, they watch CL games and occasionally check the news and player ratings and things like that and goal to them does the job. There are countless band wagoners who don't really understand football but buy merchandise and things like that. I check goal for updates for instance. Even tabloids like the Sun can start rumors, boost a player's profile, and affect their readers.

Ideally, a club wants a media machine backing it be it from sites that serve football fanatics to sites that serve very casual football fans. Proper research needs to be done ofcourse to know which publications have the widest range and the good credibility with their readers, but if the club's PR department can get that info (which shouldn't be difficult) then they should put a lot of effort into making friends on the inside of these publications.

Sometimes you have to pay someone for it. Other times you give them exclusive interviews with your players, you leak information to them first before anyone else, you give them free tickets to your matches, you give them front seats in the press conference rooms at your stadiums and tell your coach to take their questions before anyone else. You favor them when giving post-match interviews. Alternatively you can cut off and shut out publications that are too rough on you all the time.

Another huge source of influence is the post-match analysis on TV on Beinsports and the other big CL covering channels. The same kind of politics can be used with them

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I completely disagree. Sites like Goal are insanely popular and millions get their football information from that site. You might not think its a good source for analysis (I agree its terrible) but swaths of people do. I don't understand how you deny that they influence people's perception.

Not every football fan is as serious about it as we are. There are many fans that are much more casual, they watch CL games and occasionally check the news and player ratings and things like that and goal to them does the job. There are countless band wagoners who don't really understand football but buy merchandise and things like that. I check goal for updates for instance. Even tabloids like the Sun can start rumors, boost a player's profile, and affect their readers.

Ideally, a club wants a media machine backing it be it from sites that serve football fanatics to sites that serve very casual football fans. Proper research needs to be done ofcourse to know which publications have the widest range and the good credibility with their readers, but if the club's PR department can get that info (which shouldn't be difficult) then they should put a lot of effort into making friends on the inside of these publications.

Sometimes you have to pay someone for it. Other times you give them exclusive interviews with your players, you leak information to them first before anyone else, you give them free tickets to your matches, you give them front seats in the press conference rooms at your stadiums and tell your coach to take their questions before anyone else. You favor them when giving post-match interviews. Alternatively you can cut off and shut out publications that are too rough on you all the time.

Another huge source of influence is the post-match analysis on TV on Beinsports and the other big CL covering channels. The same kind of politics can be used with them
Well let's agree to disagree. It's a waste of time and money trying to influence tabloids. It's a lose-lose situation.
It's absolutely vital to influence respectable ones, like TV channels who own the broadcasting rights, and Marotta did just that in his press conference. He does it before (and sometimes after) every important match as well.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well let's agree to disagree. It's a waste of time and money trying to influence tabloids. It's a lose-lose situation.
It's absolutely vital to influence respectable ones, like TV channels who own the broadcasting rights, and Marotta did just that in his press conference. He does it before (and sometimes after) every important match as well.
One last question.

If some tabloids were found through research to have a big effect on public perception as big or greater than the TV channels or whatever, is it still a waste of time to try to influence them? If yes then we continue to disagree. If not then we do agree and we were just disagreeing on whether Goal in specific has an effect on public opinion or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)