[CL] Bayern vs JUVENTUS [16th March, 2016] (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Same here. Juve is grinta first and foremost.
Part of grinta is being physically more fit too, and Bayerns conditioning were clearly better then ours considering last 50 minutes of the tie.

Yeah we pressured more so takes more energy, but way they switched gears later on was like they were physically much fitter then us, or just smarter use of energy, but either way the grinta is limited if it doesn't entail having more in your tank to get the job job.

gg89

Dec 15, 2015
Fair enough.:tup:
Just one thing.I was really disappointed by Alaba.I rated him utmost but he was so slow ,error prone,very shaky.
Your best reinforcement will be Ancelloti.Way,way better coach than Pep.I am not italian so I am not biased, this a pure fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly and it's not worth reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah,meanwhile go and beat Sassuolo or Atalanta and tame Balloteli.Oh I forgot.See you at May 21 .It will be a real fun.Start with stupid excuses from now on.Mark my words ,as long as Galiani is your transfer chief you wont reach 4-th place in Serie A.Watch and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we must improve.Normal difference is 25 points.

- - - Updated - - -

And I just can not explain,even in Serie a ,why the $#@! when we lead we have to park the bus last 20-25 minutes even if we can score more goals?It's not preserving the energy thing.
Alaba: So was I man. He is my favorite player but that was easily his worst performances ever. Horrible to watch.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
We lost the game but won the respect of everyone watching. Everyone now knows that Juventus is a top top top team. We haven't lost to another other teams in the CL other than Bayern / Barcelona

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
A comment under that Zonal Marking article summed it up pretty nicely imo:

"But the bench decided the game. The difference of the two teams is that Bayern can effectively play the same with anyone of its players on the field. Juve can’t. Sturaro, Pereyra and Mandzukic are good, but this game required extremely high mental and physical capabilities. Cuadrado’s runs were crucial for Khedira not being put under heavy pressure, Khedira not being put under heavy pressure was crucial for Pogba finding space on the left, Pogba finding space on the left was crucial for Sandro not being overran, etc. This midfield was the epitome of a cohesive unit, but Juve didn’t have many alternatives in the bench (not even a third CB). One change and the whole midfield solidity cracked. Bayern, on the other hand, looked even more dynamic with Pep’s changes. From Lewandowski’s goal moment, it looked inevitable that the equaliser was to come sooner or later."

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Its the most popular football site in the world. What they say really matters because it can improve or trash your club's image for many views.

The media can boost a player's profile a lot and that increases his valuation. More clubs and scouts take notice of him. Fans start to notice every good move he makes and rate him highly. That translates as fans wanting their clubs to buy that player. Hell even Fifa and FM affect people's perception of players and clubs. Price is a function of supply and demand and the media can really influence how much demand there is for a player. It will also influence that player's sponsorship money the more he is recognized as a star.

Pep's comment on Bonnucci boosted his public profile immensely and will probably continue to do so as more fans and journalists take note of him. Raiola has made sure the entire world takes note of Pogba and pushed his valuation up by crazy. I can bet that many people here were excited about Iturbe partly because of how he was on FIFA 12 and 13.

Juve should really invest in having good relations with the press. It will be reflected in opinion pieces written about us and player ratings after our matches. It will even affect how good our squad is made to be in FIFA and FM.
A media outlet's popularity does not necessarily mean that they can make or break your success. In general, tabloids are more popular than respectable papers. Here's a list of top 10 UK papers by circulation:
1- The Sun
2-Daily Mail
3-Metro
4-Evening Standard
5-Daily Mirror
6-Daily Telegraph
7-Daily Star
8-Daily Express
9-The Times
10-i

Majority, if not all, are tabloids. Only idiots care about what tabloids write about them. Bayern did not get favorable press coverage from tabloids like Goal.com but surely it did not prevent them from rising into success. The best press coverage for football is football itself. People like winners, and also tend to like more fast and open style football than "priority is not conceding" philosophy. Tabloid BS is irrelevant.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
A comment under that Zonal Marking article summed it up pretty nicely imo:

"But the bench decided the game. The difference of the two teams is that Bayern can effectively play the same with anyone of its players on the field. Juve can’t. Sturaro, Pereyra and Mandzukic are good, but this game required extremely high mental and physical capabilities. Cuadrado’s runs were crucial for Khedira not being put under heavy pressure, Khedira not being put under heavy pressure was crucial for Pogba finding space on the left, Pogba finding space on the left was crucial for Sandro not being overran, etc. This midfield was the epitome of a cohesive unit, but Juve didn’t have many alternatives in the bench (not even a third CB). One change and the whole midfield solidity cracked. Bayern, on the other hand, looked even more dynamic with Pep’s changes. From Lewandowski’s goal moment, it looked inevitable that the equaliser was to come sooner or later."
It really was horrible to see our players come on and make us play worse. Bayern's players that came on changed the game around for them. Due to our limited budget this will be a problem for a long time I would imagine.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
It really was horrible to see our players come on and make us play worse. Bayern's players that came on changed the game around for them. Due to our limited budget this will be a problem for a long time I would imagine.
I hope not. We still have by far the best crop of players in Italy, but it's really the fact that our domestic competition sucks that's holding us back in Europe. Not that I mind the soon-to-be five Scudettos in a row, and Juve has always been more centered on the league, but it's been 20 years since we last lifted a trophy in Europe. I wouldn't mind the EL at this point tbh.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I hope not. We still have by far the best cropnof players in Italy, but it's really the fact that our domestic competition sucks that's holding us back in Europe. Not that I mind the soon-to-be five Scudettos in a row, and Juve has always been more centered on the league, but it's been 20 years since we last lifted a trophy in Europe. I wouldn't mind the EL at this point tbh.
Bayern are able to steamroll the Bundesliga and do well in Europe. It's all about having winners on your team which we do but we dont have the money to sign the best attacking players in the world who can change a game on their own.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
Bayern are able to steamroll the Bundesliga and do well in Europe. It's all about having winners on your team which we do but we dont have the money to sign the best attacking players in the world who can change a game on their own.
Germany is different from Italy. Yes, Bayern is far ahead of everyone else in that league but all the other teams have great revenue and the stadiums are always packed, the whole experience of match day is the best in Europe. I believe the Bundesliga could evolve much more, already you see teams like Wolfsburg "stealing" players from us.

The thing is, Serie A is (still) in a decline and Bundesliga is ever-growing since they pipped Italy for that 4th CL spot. More money will ensure us better players for sure, but with the likes of Sunderland being able to spend almost as much as us in a transfer window tells you all you need to know. The only thing we can rely on and are relying on currently is our rich history, the reason why someone like Pogba or Dybala chose Juve over wealthier offers from smaller clubs.

P.S. I'm not afraid for Juve, we showed that we can still play on even grounds with the best teams of Europe, but it's the Milan clubs who are dragging the league down atm. Roma, Napoli or Lazio can't represent Italy in Europe, as they've already shown.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Germany is different from Italy. Yes, Bayern is far ahead of everyone else in that league but all the other teams have great revenue and the stadiums are always packed, the whole experience of match day is the best in Europe. I believe the Bundesliga could evolve much more, already you see teams like Wolfsburg "stealing" players from us.

The thing is, Serie A is (still) in a decline and Bundesliga is ever-growing since they pipped Italy for that 4th CL spot. More money will ensure us better players for sure, but with the likes of Sunderland being able to spend almost as much as us in a transfer window tells you all you need to know. The only thing we can rely on and are relying on currently is our rich history, the reason why someone like Pogba or Dybala chose Juve over wealthier offers from smaller clubs.
Yep we are being held back by our league no doubt about that. When you put it into comparison with Sunderland it really does sound bad.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
A media outlet's popularity does not necessarily mean that they can make or break your success. In general, tabloids are more popular than respectable papers. Here's a list of top 10 UK papers by circulation:
1- The Sun
2-Daily Mail
3-Metro
4-Evening Standard
5-Daily Mirror
6-Daily Telegraph
7-Daily Star
8-Daily Express
9-The Times
10-i

Majority, if not all, are tabloids. Only idiots care about what tabloids write about them. Bayern did not get favorable press coverage from tabloids like Goal.com but surely it did not prevent them from rising into success. The best press coverage for football is football itself. People like winners, and also tend to like more fast and open style football than "priority is not conceding" philosophy. Tabloid BS is irrelevant.
No one said that what the press writes alone will make you successful or a failure. Ofcourse performance is more important. But to say that press coverage is irrelevant to how people perceive a club's performnces and thus to the club's commercial success is totally wrong. Thats why clubs do things like PR and Marketing man. If management doesn't think that press relations are important for the clubs image then that management should be sacked. They are not getting something that is ABC business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)