[CL] Bayern vs JUVENTUS [16th March, 2016] (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Chelsea, Merda, almost Athletico, almost Juve. not too bad.
for CL winners its merda and chelsea so that's 2 out of 15... or les than 20% chance, and the numbers likely going even smaller in the future. Sitting back and defending is playing russian roulette and in longer term an unsustainable method to play against top teams with world class attacks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Things would've been so different if we had just finished 1st in our group. I hope we learn this lesson, there's a huge difference between facing Dynamo Kiev and facing Bayern, even if we should have beaten Bayern there was no reason for us to face them when we could've faced Kiev, Gent, Benfica or PSV... even Arsenal wouldn't had been so difficult.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah but City now got PSG and Bayern got Benfica, so it can even itself out. Invariably I think you are going to have to beat a top team to reach the semis, but it's not like you have a far more successful campaign reaching the QF instead of RO16. Plus knowing Juve we would have lost to Benfica if we had made it past Bayern.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Yeah but City now got PSG and Bayern got Benfica, so it can even itself out. Invariably I think you are going to have to beat a top team to reach the semis, but it's not like you have a far more successful campaign reaching the QF instead of RO16. Plus knowing Juve we would have lost to Benfica if we had made it past Bayern.
Last year we beat a pretty shitty Dortmund and Monaco in our way to the CL SF. Then we got a top club and made it into the final. We don't know who we would had faced as a group winner, maybe we could had got PSG in the RO16, we don't know, our chances of advancing are bigger if we finish fist tho.

- - - Updated - - -

And I bet there's a difference from the financial point of view.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There is a difference in prize money when you exit the QF than in the 16. Also the team gathers momentum against the smaller clubs before they meet the giants. PSG is also an easier task than Bayern because they dont have the same attacking arsenal and more importantly they dont have the same fear factor and confidence in their game that costed us 2 goals in the first leg.

I doubt we would have made it past madrid had we met them in the 16 rather than the semis last year. The wins against monaco and BVB especially gave us a lot of confidence and momentum heading into Madrid.

Also, Madrid had a great start to the season last year and slowed down around the end. Bayern typically does the same. They have twice relaxed after the QF when their league was practically in the bag. But again even if they don't slow down, the difference in prize money, confidence and the coverage that our players get is substantial when you reach further in the competition.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not swear, but I'm quite negative about him watching in games afterwards. It doesnt help he looks ove the hill completely in these appearances, but my negative view of him is still lingering from that game.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Not swear, but I'm quite negative about him watching in games afterwards. It doesnt help he looks ove the hill completely in these appearances, but my negative view of him is still lingering from that game.
I will never forgive him.
We could have won the cup this year. At San Siro. 500 meters away from where I was born and from where my parents still live.
I cannot forgive him.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
In a game with hernanes, sturaro and pereyra in the field at the same time how that hell Evra manage to be our worst player out there? Hard to believe

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Nah, it's not about Evra I don't blame him at all.

This team needs to learn a game lasts 90 minutes. In Turin we don't show up for about 60-70 minutes, in Munich for about 40. How the hell are we supposed to progress playing that way? Hoofing the ball for 45 minutes in Munich has to end in elimination, there's no other way.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
quiet, you are more or less my son's age
Players make mistakes. But Evra was hardly the only to blame for that loss. Morata should never have been taken off, because he was our only threat at that point in the game. The very same Morata should have finished the game off on one or maybe even two occasions, Cuadrado surely could have done better on his second chance and as a team we should have kept going forward in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)