[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (6 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
My Match Analysis.

A terrible performance by the squad today. There were many factors that I saw which was atfault for this performance, actually only 2 to be highlighted:

1. Climate
It was a very cold night at Munich, Germany has been very cold recently, colder than usual for this time. And this IMO was the most influencial reason for our performances. OUr team was just frozen, its hard when u have played many games recently and then play in a very cold place without time to adjust to it. Ur muschle will just not react, thats why our players seem to always be one step behind.

2. Poor performance in all sectors
Some players to be highlighted:
A. Abbiati :
Made some good saves but only because the shoots were basically at him. Conceeded far too easily, I must admit it was a rather unexpected swerve but didn't actually swerve too much. Abbiati looks very insecure at goal and he has been all the times Ive seen Juve, it was just a matter of time before he cracked.

B. Thuram :
Mistimed tackles, poor anticipation and looked at half speed and awareness today. Chiellini didn't held with his terrible passes and touches.

C. Giannicheda:
His job was to guard infront of the defense to make Emerson free to move forward more. What did he do? Almost nothing, you can hardly see his tackles except for the late ones. He reacted late on the tackles and his positioning was never really proper. He never bridged the midfield and forward either when we tried to build sumthing.

D. Zlatan:
Just to make things clear I am a Zlatan fan, but before him there I am a Juve fan. His performance was really trash, he got the goal but boy did he waste a lot of possesion. Yes he was bieng tightly marked but it was not his problem. It was his terrible first touches and control. Really, AMAZING that he was still on the pitch. I would have directly subbed him with DP and kept CAMo who was our best player in the 1st half on. I can only guess that Camo had minor injuries because it was a ridiculous substitution.

Other PLayers:
DP did well, again he is sharp, he didn't do anything wonderful but just by watching his touches I can see he is the sharpest Ive seen in years, and quite consistant at the momment.
Neddy look ok, I don't think he played poorly, he's not the nedddy of 03 but he didn't really have a terrible game.
Zambo had a consistant game and aside from Camo was really the only player who looked sharp in the 1st half.

Overall again I say I am pleased to get the 2-1 score coz it should have been much worst. And Again I blame our performance mainly on the temperature, U may laugh at me but it was clear that our players were cold, even Bayern had their long sleeves on, and they are used to this climate/temperature.

But that shouldn't be our alibi, I expected more from Capello's substitution. We should have keep at least Trez on and Sub Zlatan with Mutu. I really thought Zlatan didn't deserve the 90 minutes.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++

ohh come on
he aint that bad

Only when he cant catch and lets a goal in off his thigh. apart from that im ok with his performances so far. Is it me or do we let the opposition have more attempts on goal these days? :down:

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Enron ] ++
could have used buffon on that first goal today
yeah, even buffon just out of the operating theater would have saved that shot!

honestly though, have any of u ever seen so many players look as though they've never kicked a ball in their lives?

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jigga ] ++

Only when he cant catch and lets a goal in off his thigh. apart from that im ok with his performances so far. Is it me or do we let the opposition have more attempts on goal these days? :down:
they ARE getting more attempts..
capello should re-do his tactics

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++

ohh come on
he aint that bad
i think ababitai was just nervous .. hes better than chimenti but having the best goalie in the world juve fans arent use to this i guess but i think hes fine hes just seems to punch balls a lot when he can catch them doesnt have a firm hand.. other wise hes alright ... tht ball bounced of his thigh though if it was buffon his hairy legs wuld ve had a say in it

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
CLimate/Temperature was a big factor, me still thinks

@Jeeks: It seems that Mutu always seems to be called upon when we need miracles, only a few chances he has recieved on normal conditions and always out of his natural position. Bad Judgement by Capello.

I agree we should've atleast started DP or Mutu with Trez.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

he aint bad, indeed he was great against inter n udinese, but in the end, he is a milanista :groan:
I guess so
I have big hopes for him though when we play against Milan !! :thumb:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Answer is quite easy Jeeks.. bcuz Capello is the best coach in the world... now forget this silly Qs and try to do yar slef somthing more useful Like being BAN for example... :D
Would you like to see me banned?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I dont think him biend a milanista has anything to do with it. Face it, Abbiati is a very insecure goalkeeper, never looked confident this season, that is why he is dispensible at Milan, that is why he can't challange Dida.

And the pressure of playing in Buffon's temporary Shadow doesn't help. It's like asking Vieri to replace Shevchenko with all their fans expecting alot.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I dont think him biend a milanista has anything to do with it. Face it, Abbiati is a very insecure goalkeeper, never looked confident this season, that is why he is dispensible at Milan, that is why he can't challange Dida.

And the pressure of playing in Buffon's temporary Shadow doesn't help. It's like asking Vieri to replace Shevchenko with all their fans expecting alot.
sorrie for my english, it isnt my native language
but wht i mean here is i wouldnt be that upset if it was chementi
i just hate to see a milanista in juve, n when he did shit like that, it really piss me off

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
WEll I understand ur anger, how do u think I felt throughout the 90 minutes. But he just looked so vulnerable. And to me he has always looked vulnerable in our games, never confident enough.

Keepers need alot of confidance and if its not there then he is only half optimal. But I really do see an Abbiati who wants to prove himself to Milan, Juve and Italy, but his mentality just isn't there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Anyhow he is definitely the main reason,besides Abbiati,for our first goal,IMO.

True, but it was an accident and it's a part of football, you just have to accept it and move on.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Thank you. I wish it will be a long one as well.

Oh right. Well, I still havent decided on that, but if he's reregistered as some members have suggested than it's a no brainer. Best thing you can do if you get a ban is to sit it out. If you re register before it expires it's an automatic permanent ban.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)