[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
That second half was encouraging because under Allegri they would’ve just sat back and been content after the Cuadrado goal. Defense needs time, as half the backline is new. Set pieces are an issue, but not as big of an issue as the midfield.
Stop spewing lies. We had much better stats and possession when we lost 2-0 last year. I can’t comprehend why people think Sarri is the second coming of attacking football. Tonight (just like the Napoli game), proved it’s not true.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Good result in theoretically the toughest group game yet its us who look like fools after the FT.

I really can't understand how can we be so abysmal at headers in our pen box. Napoli yesterday sent a shitload of crosses and all the time it was: Van Dijk clears, Van Dijk clears. We were just standing with dicks in our hands and praying Atletico won't score. How can you lose all headers in your own box ffs?
I agree with you but to be fair Napoli have Lozano, Mertens and Insigne up front. Hardly an aerial challenge for Liverpool other than Koulibaly. Although we managed to concede headers to them :think:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I agree with you but to be fair Napoli have Lozano, Mertens and Insigne up front. Hardly an aerial challenge for Liverpool other than Koulibaly. Although we managed to concede headers to them :think:
Second Atletico goal was just shocking our players just stood there watching and hoping that the ball misses the goal

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We were excellent tonight apart from a couple of things. Obviously losing Chiellini has made us weak at set pieces so De Ligt and Bonucci will have to learn fast but on the floor both were very good. As I said earlier, Cuadrado is a much better option than Berna on the wing.

I think Rabiot should come in rather than Ramsey, Rabiot is better defensively and surely fitter than Ramsey. Also, Dybala and Higuain need to rotate because Higuain did nothing all game apart from one good pass for Cuadrado. Dybala looks sharp, also tracked back and put in some tackles. Both should swap for that spot.

Despite the result, we could've won it at the end with Ronaldo and if Danilo passed better. That's our hardest game done so we should be happy and we'll get better before the next round of games.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Bonucci to Sky: "Our confidence level was high, we caused Atletico a lot of problems and it’s just a pity that Cristiano’s shot in stoppages didn’t go in.."

Sarri: I see it positive because we have played a “real” game and we have grown a lot. On the negative side, the feeling is that we had the game in hands and the draw leaves us with a bad taste.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Sarri: “Juventus had not scored in this stadium for many visits & we got two goals, plus had another three or four shots on goal. It’s disappointing, because the Atletico goals came from predictable situations & yet we weren’t ready for them..
Bernardeschi? We knew there would be spaces & Cuadrado’s pace & sharpness on the counter could be very useful.."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)