[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
2nd goal was part of zonal marking experimentation I think, don't think it will work anytime soon since Juve players aren't used to actively trying to head the ball out.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
7E670A9A-6E30-41D1-A423-A8C8ABCA80AB.jpeg

I disagree. I was absolutely wrong about what I said that we wouldn’t create a single chance. We also looked so much better attacking, in the second half, than what I predicted. Sarri proved me wrong here.

But througout the game - and especially when we were up two goals - our defending was absolutely laughable. After the second goal they controlled everything. Under Allegri it did not matter (because we knew how to defend), but we look like a Zeman team with Sarri.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That second half was encouraging because under Allegri they would’ve just sat back and been content after the Cuadrado goal. Defense needs time, as half the backline is new. Set pieces are an issue, but not as big of an issue as the midfield.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fotmob app, rated Cuads(16) as the Mom with 8.5!!!
I love that kid, he started so awfully wrong, losing every ball and occasion, being worse than ever, but never stopped running and then some wonderful things happened because of him. Mighty impressed from his defending too.
I blame Danilo for this loss, he gave them the first corner, for no reason.
Scrap that, joking aside,
yes we suck at air defense, always did, always will, even when dwarf our opponents.
Without Chiellini, everybody can head it in, was hoping that De Ligt will be his successor, but height is not enough...
But again, i feel the bitter taste, but we must be pleased with this draw. We played better than most of our games, good sign for the future, not long ago, we were worried we won't reach that level before it's too late.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
the good parts for me:
- Bonucci playing well,
- de Ligt playing well,
- Cuads and Danilo have good chemistry on that right side, Danilo is not perfect but he can still improve for us,
- Sandro playing well again,
- Higuain showing he is not here only to score, but can assist, had a good game overall,
- Dybala showing some skills and working in defence,

The set pieces were obviously bad but well we played vs master of it, definitely can work to improve.
The first goal - wasnt there an elbow on Danilo?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Allegri would have brought on another defender and that defender would have been Demiral. I'd have liked him to be defending those set pieces.

Would he have kept us attacking at 1-0 though?

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Better than I expected, Bon MOTM without question, we was really fkn good all game
We looked dangerous on the counter, but when we do that slow methodical aids we really look like we have no chance of scoring,

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Allegri could ‘control’ a game defending, but Lets give sarri some time.
ANd hopefully some of the the fresher faces will also give us a fresher look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)