[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
As long as we don't score any more own goals like we did the other night we'll be fine. Atletico created exactly nothing by themselves, we gifted them every single chance/goal they had by amateur mistakes.

We have to be patient, look for the openings and finish possessions with shots. The other night we had 60% possession but it was meaningless because it was mostly coming from CBs, Matuidi, little bit of MDS and Sandro coming inside for the ball. There was a lot of situation where we were building our attack and just got impatient/bored and tried a home run pass or something that wasn't there, passed it into the crowd etc. Just be more patient, return the ball back and restart the attack. In this case it should be easy enough because they don't really want the ball, they'll park 3 buses in the 2nd leg.
That's the thing, we always do that in CL.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Why do we have to score in the first 20 minutes? We have 90 minutes to score two goals, don't panic.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I don't think people are worried about scoring 2, as much as conceding 1.
That

The hope would be that an early 1-0 allows us to play more camly and not be as vulnerable to counters and hopefully make them a bit uneasy

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Why do we have to score in the first 20 minutes? We have 90 minutes to score two goals, don't panic.

Early goal will set the tempo nicely for us. Get the crowd going etc. Disrupts the opposition game plan early on. Stadium will be like a morgue if we’re 70min into the 2nd half still at 0-0.
But like you said. Don’t panic.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I think the return leg would be 'Throwing a kitchen sink 101' regardless Atletico might score first or not. And every time Juve social media team makes a cringe worthy video clip ahead of an important match, it backfires on our team. Like #getready becomes getting to be .... by Simeone. Just shut up and play like the old days.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
We need a shock therapy before the 2nd leg.
Show them your impressive football manager results

- - - Updated - - -

I think the return leg would be 'Throwing a kitchen sink 101' regardless Atletico might score first or not. And every time Juve social media team makes a cringe worthy video clip ahead of an important match, it backfires on our team. Like #getready becomes getting to be .... by Simeone. Just shut up and play like the old days.
They are not cringe, they get me extreme hyped up, I feel very ready after those videos

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Early goal will set the tempo nicely for us. Get the crowd going etc. Disrupts the opposition game plan early on. Stadium will be like a morgue if we’re 70min into the 2nd half still at 0-0.
But like you said. Don’t panic.
Trust me, it is very likely that we are going to score two goals or even three goals in the first half. And then, it is even more likely that we will concede one goal after that, right at the dying minutes.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
That

The hope would be that an early 1-0 allows us to play more camly and not be as vulnerable to counters and hopefully make them a bit uneasy
Oh believe me they will be uneasy since the beginning. 2:0 is a nice lead but by no means it closes the tie. Obviously, Atleti can score first and we'll be practically buried but why you would want to have such an attitude? We have nothing to lose and pretty lots of arguments on our side. In the previous years we were the underdogs and had that ability to come back. This is football and the history knows plenty of examples when teams were coming back from much worse conditions in a single match. "Every passing minute is just another chance to turn everything around" ;). Have faith boys, for the next three weeks we're still in the CL. There will be plenty of time to cry afterwards if in fact we get eliminated. Imagine if the players would have the same attitude as you do. We'd be gone already indeed. Until we're truly out, FORZA JUVE and FORZA MAX!

Fino Alla Fine!

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I felt more confident last year going to the bernabeau with a 3-0 deficit than I am this year with a 2-0 disadvantage at home against atletico.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I felt more confident last year going to the bernabeau with a 3-0 deficit than I am this year with a 2-0 disadvantage at home against atletico.
Well, then you have issues with reasoning. Speaking of this famous ability of Atletico to counter, it is nothing compared to the one Real had last season. Yet they couldn't hurt us on home turf when we were even in a bigger need of goals.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
To those that says that we suck at defending set pieces, please watch more football. every team in the world ‘sucks’ at defending set pieces.

In all honesty, set pieces are very much down to luck, despite training as much as you like. The point is simple, the more set pieces you concede, the more likely you are to concede goals. The more set pieces you are awarded in dangerous positions, the more likely you are to score.
And that is our problem. We rarely got into athletico’s danger zone. Let alone winning set pieces there.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Oh believe me they will be uneasy since the beginning. 2:0 is a nice lead but by no means it closes the tie. Obviously, Atleti can score first and we'll be practically buried but why you would want to have such an attitude? We have nothing to lose and pretty lots of arguments on our side. In the previous years we were the underdogs and had that ability to come back. This is football and the history knows plenty of examples when teams were coming back from much worse conditions in a single match. "Every passing minute is just another chance to turn everything around" ;). Have faith boys, for the next three weeks we're still in the CL. There will be plenty of time to cry afterwards if in fact we get eliminated. Imagine if the players would have the same attitude as you do. We'd be gone already indeed. Until we're truly out, FORZA JUVE and FORZA MAX!

Fino Alla Fine!

Wait what? An early 1-0 lead for us is what I'm saying

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I don't buy any of the stats like "they never won this when they played like that", they never scored this many goals or overturned that etc etc. In today's football, especially in CL so much crazy shit happens you can never count on history and predetermine things. Last year before RM we never lost a 2 legged tie to them and what happened? Year before that we only conceded one goal in whole KOs and what happened in the final?

Just go out there with a plan, be smart, aggressive and clinical. We can overturn this thing by half-time, we can be losing 0-1 from their only shot on goal. Block out all the noise and play like men. I still firmly believe we're the better team and we can go through.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Dont see us scoring 3 goals are only tactic all season is to whip crosses in from wide looking for headers which is only used when a team has no idea how to play attacking football and madrid will deal with that all day long . I said this from the start of the season and i was getting laughed and disliked by the usual alegri nutthuggers on here and was told that only results matter and we will change in second half of season, where are they now?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Wait what? An early 1-0 lead for us is what I'm saying
Yes, I know, but going all guns blazing since the first minute may result in them scoring. I'd say play with the intention to score right from the beginning but take it easy. 0:0 after the first half doesn't write us off neither. Calma.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Increased ticket prices + shitty football = complaints

I honestly can't blame them. If you're paying more money, you want to see the team attempt to play football, not that garbage that's been on display since January.

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly. However, there are players who don't deserve to be here anymore and others that should have never been brought in in the first place.

Our defense is probably an 8, that midfield is barely a 6.5 and our attack is a 9+

The team is disjointed and lacking cohesion. If we make it through, it'd be wonderful. I think every Juve fan wants us to go through, but I also realize that many acknowledge the serious limitations and deficiencies this squad possesses, limitations and deficiencies that will not enable us to win the biggest prize of them all.
nah, fuck them and let them go beat up their wives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)