[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I don’t understand how clueless Allegri can prove to be. Every time we kept possession and then moved the ball clean and confident forward, we managed to open them up and you could see them getting confused and going all over the place. It happened few times, still, how hard can it be for someone like Allegri to realize Atletico‘s weakness? It’s so obvious, if you want to with the CL, you must adapt to your opponents, Atletico is not the team you can defend and aim for a draw against. This was our 3rd match against them under Allegri, and we still manage to blow it all, even with one of the best football players in history in our roaster. I hope we can overturn this even though I’m not a believer on this one, but one might as well dream. Nevertheless, Allegri has hit a brick wall with us, it’s time for change.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
If we somehow qualify against atletico all our players will suddenly become amazing and worth new contracts. As of now everbody has to leave in preseason. That's how these things work amongst fans.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I wonder if our ultras will want to cheer for us in the 2nd leg and try to give the team an extra boost? :baus:
Increased ticket prices + shitty football = complaints

I honestly can't blame them. If you're paying more money, you want to see the team attempt to play football, not that garbage that's been on display since January.

- - - Updated - - -

If we somehow qualify against atletico all our players will suddenly become amazing and worth new contracts. As of now everbody has to leave in preseason. That's how these things work amongst fans.
Not exactly. However, there are players who don't deserve to be here anymore and others that should have never been brought in in the first place.

Our defense is probably an 8, that midfield is barely a 6.5 and our attack is a 9+

The team is disjointed and lacking cohesion. If we make it through, it'd be wonderful. I think every Juve fan wants us to go through, but I also realize that many acknowledge the serious limitations and deficiencies this squad possesses, limitations and deficiencies that will not enable us to win the biggest prize of them all.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The midfield is just too shit and needs to be revolutionised completely
I'm open to selling anyone in that midfield if we get the right players in
Maybe players like Bentancur keep but yeah

The only way we turn this around is if we find a goal in the first 20 mins

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
Now real brotherhood in this team,no sacrifice,only mercenaries awaiting new contract.Where is the homegrown players in first team..?only Spinazzola will stay for this shirt and Allegri don't count on him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I dont really think that Atleti is even that good in defence anymore. The problem I have is our defence - I dont believe we can play with out loosing at least one goal and if this happens we have to score 4, which maybe isnt a pipe dream, but really unlikely. Anyway Forza Juve ! Didnt know Pjanic played with a fever, damn.
Personally I would try 4231 in the return leg with Pjanic Matuidi mid. Hopefully Costa is ready and show us some magic.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The midfield is just too shit and needs to be revolutionised completely
I'm open to selling anyone in that midfield if we get the right players in
Maybe players like Bentancur keep but yeah

The only way we turn this around is if we find a goal in the first 20 mins
Why do we have to score in the first 20 minutes? We have 90 minutes to score two goals, don't panic.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I don't think people are worried about scoring 2, as much as conceding 1.
As long as we don't score any more own goals like we did the other night we'll be fine. Atletico created exactly nothing by themselves, we gifted them every single chance/goal they had by amateur mistakes.

We have to be patient, look for the openings and finish possessions with shots. The other night we had 60% possession but it was meaningless because it was mostly coming from CBs, Matuidi, little bit of MDS and Sandro coming inside for the ball. There was a lot of situation where we were building our attack and just got impatient/bored and tried a home run pass or something that wasn't there, passed it into the crowd etc. Just be more patient, return the ball back and restart the attack. In this case it should be easy enough because they don't really want the ball, they'll park 3 buses in the 2nd leg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)