[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The first lineup is way more coherent. Youve got clearly defined roles. Excellent width with Alves, Sandro and Cuadrado. Mandzukic younger and more useful than today as well, and letting Sandro raid that whole flank on the outside. Less passengers, more work being done. Khedira and Pjanic with more responsibility, not just making slow 2m passes in a 3 man midfield with no movement. Cuadrado and Alves offering so much for possession and build-up.

Today we had Alex Sandro to bring the ball forward (which he also failed) and then hope Dybala and Ronaldo could make something. Ronaldo always creates something, but the chances of him scoring when he has to take on 3 men and shoot from 40m are not that great.

I wouldnt play Mandzukic, De Sciglio and more than 2 of those midfielders. It is too static and easy for the opponent to defend against and they will use those extra inches to attack and dominate the game.
Problem is that without Mandzukic we don't have a real centre forward.
Ronaldo isn't a n. 9 but neither a pure winger as he isn't as fast as he was when younger.
We're playing with Dybala as falso nueve/midfielder as he is not a winger.

The most logic setup right now should be

Polish guy
Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
Pajnic- pick one between Matuidi,Bentancur,Emre Can and Khedira
Bernardeschi-Dybala-Ronaldo
Mandzukic

Stop using Mandzukic as a wing back. He is not 23-28years old. He is 33yrs old for fk sake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Problem is that without Mandzukic we don't have a real centre forward.
Ronaldo isn't a n. 9 but neither a pure winger as he isn't as fast as he was when younger.
We're playing with Dybala as falso nueve/midfielder as he is not a winger.

The most logic setup right now should be

Polish guy
Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Sandro
Pajnic- pick one between Matuidi,Bentancur,Emre Can and Khedira
Bernardeschi-Dybala-Ronaldo
Mandzukic

Stop using Mandzukic as a wing back. He is not 23-28years old. He is 33yrs old for fk sake.
Based on our currently available players, I would say yes. But I would find space for Costa if he is available. Make or break, his toplevel is 10 times higher than Berna can dream of, and we absolutely need that level right now.

Regarding Mandzukic, probably play him up top like that yes but it is not easy. Right now Mandzukic has no clear role. He does what he wants, he jogs around a bit everywhere. He is often not in the box when the action is there too. I wouldnt rely on him anymore. I would even consider using Kean instead and see what he can make of it. He has more aspects to his game. I think he can hold the ball up better, he has speed to run behind defences, he has aggression, he has confidence and he can score.
Right now Mandzukic is only useful in the box and yet he can easily get marked out by a decent central defender, leaving nothing for him in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

Are u joking? That is not a foul. Shame on bouncci for going and even staying down so easily in this situation as he probably could’ve done something to prevent this shit goal.
Bonucci actually pulled a Busquets there. Was a decent attempt. Anyone saw how he simulated, then peaked out through his hands to see if they would score, and then immediately put his hands back to his face again and cry out loud.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
It was actually quite funny how Bonucci half-opened his face to see what happened next and then covered it with palms and started to show how badly he was hurt only when he realized it was a goal. I hate it when defenders trying to exaggerate small fouls against them hoping that the referee blows the whistle in their favor. It's just pathetic. Reminded me of famous Busquets' antics.

Last edited:

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Are u joking? That is not a foul. Shame on bouncci for going and even staying down so easily in this situation as he probably could’ve done something to prevent this shit goal.

Gimenez hit Bonucci's head with his left hand.
Opnion from a former Spanish referee:
Nine minutes after Morata had his goal ruled out, Giménez oput Atleti ahead although in the build-up Juventus claimed the player fouled Bonucci: “In this case, it's a clearer foul, but then it's a question of criteria and that's a very grey area - it's not black and white. It depends on how the ref sees it”, Iturralde González, who is a consulatnmt for AS and Carrusel, added.
https://en.as.com/en/2019/02/20/football/1550701632_108599.html

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We have never scored more than 3 goals in a game this season, and we’ve played 34 games.

We have played against some absolutely shit teams in Serie A this season, and we couldn’t even score more than 3 goals against them.

We are too clueless in attack to win this competition.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Guys, we played right into their hand since the first minute started. Don’t get why allegri said we played well in first half.

Stop blaming mandzukic or dybala, we all saw how little crosses we put into the box and mandzukic got onto the end of them most of the time despite the meagre amount. And Dybala has to fall back so much just to make up for our lack of midfield presence.

On a bigger picture perspective, all these are down to bad transfers. We wanted resources and time to get a 30 year old Matuidi whose ball playing capability is like Molinaro. And then Emre Can and Khedira are the biggest downgrade one could have from Pogba and Marchisio. I’m now very skeptical about how good Ramsay is as a player.

Pogba pirlo vidal marchisio should have been replaced by KevinPrince Veratti Willian Casemiro calibre of players if you ask me. Not those mediocore overpaid mentioned fools above.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Could be argued that there is a small foul there. It is actually quite often given. But since they just got a goal ruled out and they clearly deserved to rape up, then I think it got ignored.
Small or big, a foul is a foul. But I think you're right. Refs from other European countries don't like Italian teams, especially Juve.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Guys, we played right into their hand since the first minute started. Don’t get why allegri said we played well in first half.

Stop blaming mandzukic or dybala, we all saw how little crosses we put into the box and mandzukic got onto the end of them most of the time despite the meagre amount. And Dybala has to fall back so much just to make up for our lack of midfield presence.

On a bigger picture perspective, all these are down to bad transfers. We wanted resources and time to get a 30 year old Matuidi whose ball playing capability is like Molinaro. And then Emre Can and Khedira are the biggest downgrade one could have from Pogba and Marchisio. I’m now very skeptical about how good Ramsay is as a player.

Pogba pirlo vidal marchisio should have been replaced by KevinPrince Veratti Willian Casemiro calibre of players if you ask me. Not those mediocore overpaid mentioned fools above.
well
Pjanic 35m
Matuidi 30m
Bentancur 12,5m
Emre Can 16m
Sturaro 9m
Khedira free

Beside Pjanic and Matuidi we never really invested in our midfield since we loss Pogba,Pirlo,Vidal and Marchisio.
And right now we're paying this decision to pimp our attack and avoid our mid.
Ramsey is another good player but not what we need right now...

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
We have never scored more than 3 goals in a game this season, and we’ve played 34 games.

We have played against some absolutely shit teams in Serie A this season, and we couldn’t even score more than 3 goals against them.

We are too clueless in attack to win this competition.
I think we will see some decent attempt at getting back. Allegri cant use his pussy tactics, which is what has always held us back. Just hope Costa will be back and that we will have no other injuries. We will probably score the first goal and get close with some chances, but then get executed when it matters.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
well
Pjanic 35m
Matuidi 30m
Bentancur 12,5m
Emre Can 16m
Sturaro 9m
Khedira free

Beside Pjanic and Matuidi we never really invested in our midfield since we loss Pogba,Pirlo,Vidal and Marchisio.
And right now we're paying this decision to pimp our attack and avoid our mid.
Ramsey is another good player but not what we need right now...
Well said. If that’s the case we are not utilising our pimped up attack, with poosie tactics

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Midfield is a big problem and we have been saying it for about 2 or 3 years but:

Allegri's tactical decisions have let us down so many times before. I'm forever complaining about not crushing teams in Serie A and not playing more attacking football. We may win another 10 Series A titles in a row but we will never win the CL playing this type do football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)