[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Rodri - 20m
Partey - youth player
Koke - youth player
Saul - youth player

This midfield shat all over ours
Yeah they manhandled them pretty easily, and also showed a lot more technical skill under pressure.

Have you seen Matuidi control a ball under pressure? It's like he's running on golf balls.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Have you seen Matuidi control a ball under pressure? It's like he's running on golf balls.
Yep. Matuidi has to go in the summer, or at least be relegated to a bench role. He’s not a good enough footballer to start for Juventus.

We’ve had destroyers like Vidal and Davids in the past with far greater technical ability than Matuidi. Those are the kind of players we should be aiming for.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Lowlife celebration from Diego Simeone for the first goal. Also I think they watched videos from Serie A games and saw that our CBs would go down easily at slight challenges (Serie A refs would stop the plays but CL refs would normally not). They planned it ahead.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This is a depressing loss. I thought we'd have a way better performance we were horrible but still, if the team show up with another approach, fired up and do something similar to Bernabeu 2018 then that might still be possible. Long shot but possible.

We do have the most pessimistic fanbase out of any (top) club, that's what losing 5 consecutive finals does to you.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Of course we can win the competition, but we need to find a way to bypass our shit midfield. Allegri got his tactics wildly off the mark tonight, and with MdS and a shit-form Sandro, we had no ability to move the ball forward to our attack. With Bentancur and Matuidi in midfield, we needed Cancelo 100% to support our attack. And in reality, best would have been subbing on Bernadeschi for one of our midfielders early too. We had no creativity on the pitch outside Dybala.

Allegri needs to find a way to get more players on the pitch who can create for Ronaldo and Mandzukic.

I have no doubt we'll play a better second leg. For some reason Allegri often gets his first leg tactics terribly wrong and only makes adjustments for the return. But I think it's very likely too little, too late.
Well I'm not saying this season necessarily. I'm purely speaking about the "we're cursed" type of comments that it's physically impossible. We've always had a glaring weakness every year, except maybe when we came up against arguable (as much as I hate them) one of the best sides in history, that Barcelona.

Also, we can come back from this. If we can almost do it against Madrid, we can do it here....provided we make subs this time.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We don't move the ball quickly enough because our midfield, apart from Pjanic, has no silk about it. Has been the same problem since we lost Pirlo and Vidal. We usually grind out results because we don't concede silly goals like this but we're not the defensive powerhouse we used to be unfortunately.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What an infuriating game

I just don't see how we turn this around, what's incredibly frustrating is that in that match against Man U we looked amazing

I thought damn this is the Juve we've wanted even if it ended only 1-0 then it all went to shit from there

Our midfield is such a massive issue
It's not technical enough to do much in Europe
It just baffles me that we haven't gone to a 2 man midfield again

We went into this game and according to Allegri we needed to score, why not throw caution to the wind and play a 4 man attack?

Maybe this is it for Allegri, I dont see how he stays around if we go out to Atletico

The other shit thing is that it will feel like such a waste of a year, we need to blow this midfield up and get another
Another league title won't fill the void either

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
What an infuriating game

I just don't see how we turn this around, what's incredibly frustrating is that in that match against Man U we looked amazing

I thought damn this is the Juve we've wanted even if it ended only 1-0 then it all went to shit from there

Our midfield is such a massive issue
It's not technical enough to do much in Europe
It just baffles me that we haven't gone to a 2 man midfield again

We went into this game and according to Allegri we needed to score, why not throw caution to the wind and play a 4 man attack?

Maybe this is it for Allegri, I dont see how he stays around if we go out to Atletico

The other shit thing is that it will feel like such a waste of a year, we need to blow this midfield up and get another
Another league title won't fill the void either
Allegri will never go to 2 man mid after cardiff.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #797
    We can’t ride on the coattails of a strong performance against a weak ManU that underperformed under a manger that they fired.

We have no balance or consistency.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    We can’t ride on the coattails of a strong performance against a weak ManU that underperformed under a manger that they fired.

We have no balance or consistency.
    Oh of course not but we played with certainty, something we rarely do in the CL

Our midfield is far too static though

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    That's game was the best we have played this season but yea United played like it was a friendly.

I also believe two man midfield is the only answer. We have to throw caution to the wind and play 4 attacking players especially as we start from 2 goals down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)