[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (9 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Allegri hate Cancelo.
Cause he is too offensive and sometimes makes silly mistakes.
If Allegri is still our manager next summer wait for us selling Douglas Costa, Dybala and Cancelo. Watch it happens.
Not just Allegri. We have many people in here who would love to get rid of our creative players, simply to 'limit mistakes'. I think that is part of our Italian DNA too.
Fielding a full team of players like Matuidi, Padoin, Pjanic, Mandzukic, De Sciglio etc, where you dont see them attempt something and therefore wont get the feeling that they missed a chance or did something stupid.

They forget some very basic football lessons though, that is; someone has to create the chances, and when you attack, the other team cant score, but must defend. If you defend, then you will be attacked.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
There was no CL for more than 2 months, that's when most of the lead was built.
Even before tonight, they were humiliated in a Coppa game against Atalanta, a team similar to Atletico. Did they react? No. Why? I can think of only one option: they need to win only Serie A. Everything else would be nice, but nothing more. If they really wanted to win Champions League, they would be probably doing what it takes to win it, both in terms of transfers and in terms of the play on the pitch.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Not just Allegri. We have many people in here who would love to get rid of our creative players, simply to 'limit mistakes'. I think that is part of our Italian DNA too.
Fielding a full team of players like Matuidi, Padoin, Pjanic, Mandzukic, De Sciglio etc, where you dont see them attempt something and therefore wont get the feeling that they missed a chance or did something stupid.

They forget some very basic football lessons though, that is; someone has to create the chances, and when you attack, the other team cant score, but must defend. If you defend, then you will be attacked.
Agree...
What I can't understand is why when we were playing with Khedira-Pjanic duo we were a really strong team and managed to hit a final
Playing both Dani Alves and Alex Sandro and Mandzukic,Dybala,Higuain and Cuadrado
But we do worse with a 3 man midfield?

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Need a non-Italian coach.
I dont think it will happen in a long time. We are too shy, too traditional and Italian.
Hats off to the board if they actually make a move for a foreign coach to try to bring in some much needed fresh ideas, to stop us from shooting ourselves in our foot repeatedly.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
They are not Real without Ramos like last year, after 0-3 they were too confident. This is Atletico, many fouls to break the game and defend for 90 minutes. Break theit defence 3 times seems impossible imo
Exactly. Many call that game against Real last year one of our best performances. However Real created even more chances than we did and we got lucky or were just super effective to convert on ours. However, we were BEHIND with 3 goals at that time, so it is difficult to look at those 80 minutes out of context and call it our best game. Real were complacent and not really focused.
In Cardiff and in the 2 games last year against Real when it was all square, then they dominated us and won. All 3 times.

- - - Updated - - -

Their biggest threat is set pieces.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Their biggest threat is Allegri. He wont be missing :b

Aug 26, 2014
We should have started furious right after the first kick and then slow the game down. Like we used to do couple of seasons ago. Maybe we would have scored an early goal but we played for 0-0 and got destroyed. Having said that I think we still have a chance and I believe we will manage to squeeze past Atletico somehow. Also everyone blaming only the mid but our defense sucks right now and it's simply not what it used to be. Paratici has a lot to do this summer.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I dont think it will happen in a long time. We are too shy, too traditional and Italian.
Hats off to the board if they actually make a move for a foreign coach to try to bring in some much needed fresh ideas, to stop us from shooting ourselves in our foot repeatedly.
Zidane is waiting.
But he is the most italian of non-italians managers.
The best they could hope.
IF it was a really ambitious Juventus they would go and ask for Klopp or Guardiola
IF they wanted to see something different in champions league

Oct 23, 2011
I just don't see it happening. We simply lack the ruthlessness and we rarely blow teams off the pitch. We are not used to beating teams by big margins so I don't see us change in such a short period of time. Teams like Real, Barca and Bayern have done so in the past but that is because they go out there week in week out with the intent to win AND put as many goals as possible past their opponents. The whole approach was just off today and the players literally played as if the season was on the line, scared and very careful in their decision making. That approach simply won't cut it in a game like this. We played right in their hands by slowing the play down as much as possible and allowing them to counter-attack. Atletico knew they were going to get their opportunities and heck, I think they might have even been satisfied going to Turin with a 0-0, a score I would definitely not be comfortable with. We never looked threatening and thought we were having the game under control until Atletico turned it up a notch. This has occurred systematically over the last few years and I don't see it getting us far in the Champions League.

One last thing, Atletico is not all that. They are a limited but a very collective side who defend very well. If they progress, I expect them to get exposed against teams who have a more direct approach and play at a higher tempo.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
What I fail to understand is how come we were stronger with this

Buffon

Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro

Khedira-Pjanic

Cuadrado-Dybala-Mandzukic

Higuain
and we're much worse with this

Szczesny
De Sciglio -Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Khedira-Matuidi-Pjanic
Dybala-Ronaldo-Mandzukic

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
What I fail to understand is how come we were stronger with this

Buffon

Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro

Khedira-Pjanic

Cuadrado-Dybala-Mandzukic

Higuain
and we're much worse with this

Szczesny
De Sciglio -Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Khedira-Matuidi-Pjanic
Dybala-Ronaldo-Mandzukic
The first lineup is way more coherent. Youve got clearly defined roles. Excellent width with Alves, Sandro and Cuadrado. Mandzukic younger and more useful than today as well, and letting Sandro raid that whole flank on the outside. Less passengers, more work being done. Khedira and Pjanic with more responsibility, not just making slow 2m passes in a 3 man midfield with no movement. Cuadrado and Alves offering so much for possession, pressing and build-up, through their high aggression, workrate and movement, plus high game IQ.

Today we had Alex Sandro to bring the ball forward (which he also failed) and then hope Dybala and Ronaldo could make something. Ronaldo always creates something, but the chances of him scoring when he has to take on 3 men and shoot from 40m are not that great.

I wouldnt play Mandzukic, De Sciglio and more than 2 of those midfielders. It is too static and easy for the opponent to defend against and they will use those extra inches to attack and dominate the game.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Allegri: "Atleti do this all the time, they make you play in bland fashion. We didn’t concede on moves, because Atletico don’t really score those goals. They score on the counter and on set plays. The difference was that they are accustomed to this type of game and we are not." - FI.

Wait, what? It's either another bad translation, or he admitted that his team is not prepared to handle two of the most basic types of situations in modern football.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Allegri: "Atleti do this all the time, they make you play in bland fashion. We didn’t concede on moves, because Atletico don’t really score those goals. They score on the counter and on set plays. The difference was that they are accustomed to this type of game and we are not." - FI.

Wait, what? It's either another bad translation, or he admitted that his team is not prepared to handle two of the most basic types of situations in modern football.
Exactly, I was thinking the same when reading it. Sounded really worrisome what he said.

It is a huge confession he is coming out with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)