[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Nerves building for this one, I think it would be a mistake to not play Dybala from the start
I'm hoping he can draw fouls and get them in card trouble early

I think Cancelo off the bench late might be a good option, or Sandro
Go with De Sciglio and a more attacking full back on the other side

Khedira has been in goal scoring form but I feel someone with a bit more pace might be better for that rcm spot

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Atletico give no space in the middle.

Allegri's tried-and-tested, targeting-the-FBs tactic of RW crossing to Mandzo at far post sounds good for this one.

Cancelo can beat anyone and send in a cross. Mandzo will be up against Arias (or old Juanfran?).

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So Simeone plays four central midfielders at one time? How does it work? It's a classic example of our own "we have no width". Especially since their FBs are not able to be running through the flanks for 90 minutes or beat their man.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
oblak > szczesny
juanfran < cancelo
gimenez < bonucci
godin = chiellini
filipe luis < alex sandro
koke > khedira
partey < pjanic
rodri > matuidi
saul > bernardeschi
morata < mandzukic
griezmann < ronaldo

i hope khedira, berna and matuidi will give 110%.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Materazzi: "Juventus are a failure if they don't win the Champions League."
:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

You guys get too hung-up over this shit CL shit.

Even without the CL, Gigi is way more of a legend and icon of the sport than Materazzi, whose claim to fame is being head-butt by Zidane.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Simeone is a fool for not playing Lemar.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Sure did. The guy is not the best (not the worst by any means too). But since we have no one better, i'd say we have no choice. Or do you think it is somehow better to let play someone who is as bad in defense and on top of that, cant offer anything in attack?
TOtally agree with you. It is just dumb to think that DS is better defensively just because he does not offer much in attack.
Many times, wingbacks who are good at attacking (alex Sandro, cancelo, even Zambrotta) gets the unfair label that they are abit lacking in defense, just because their attacking capability is so emphasized.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just checked atleti's knockout record with simeone.
- last year, they went out of the group (shit happens) and went on to win the el
- 16/17: semi-final exit against real
- 15/16: lost final against real, they eliminated barcelona and bayern in the knockouts
- 14/15: quarterfinal exit against real
- 13/14: beat milan, barcelona and chelsea in the knockouts, lost final against real

so during the last 5 uefa tournaments they played, only real was able to beat them in the knockout stage. impressive stuff.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
just checked atleti's knockout record with simeone.
- last year, they went out of the group (shit happens) and went on to win the el
- 16/17: semi-final exit against real
- 15/16: lost final against real, they eliminated barcelona and bayern in the knockouts
- 14/15: quarterfinal exit against real
- 13/14: beat milan, barcelona and chelsea in the knockouts, lost final against real

so during the last 5 uefa tournaments they played, only real was able to beat them in the knockout stage. impressive stuff.
:cr7:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)