[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
What I’m worried about is that I’m expecting them to come and play the same way they did on their turf. Ajax is a young and fearless team, they remind me of Monaco a couple of years ago. Also they’re s bit dirty, they know how to get away with tactical fouls when they ruin our chance to counter (like that foul on Ronaldo when he was making the run after passing the ball to Dybala). I think Allegri can outclass them tactically by making some smart changes. I’m really hoping to see Kean partnering up with Ronaldo and Mandzukic replaced by Costa. Other than that I trust our players. On a side note, I think Matuidi had a good game, I hope he will be fit for the second leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
What I’m worried about is that I’m expecting them to come and play the same way they did on their turf. Ajax is a young and fearless team, they remind me of Monaco a couple of years ago. Also they’re s bit dirty, they know how to get away with tactical fouls when they ruin our chance to counter (like that foul on Ronaldo when he was making the run after passing the ball to Dybala). I think Allegri can outclass them tactically by making some smart changes. I’m really hoping to see Kean partnering up with Ronaldo and Mandzukic replaced by Costa. Other than that I trust our players. On a side note, I think Matuidi had a good game, I hope he will be fit for the second leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah they have nothing to lose so it makes sense they will come in and play the same way. They are a team you need to choke at the midfield I thought max gave them too much space or didn't go for this as much as he should have..If khedira was healthy enough to start he should have started..We need to involve Spina in the return leg. Expecting 2-3 to zero win at home.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Meh, not a penalty IMO. Bentancur fell way too awkwardly and too late. If they had given it before VAR and then checked maybe it stands, but it isn't too convincing in slow motion especially.
Lmao what? That’s a clear penalty. Brought him down, if he didn’t do that, Bentancur would probably have scored from there. Incredible how we didn’t get that penalty, even with VAR. We always get fucked in Europe by refs.

Oct 23, 2011
If they come out and play the exact same way, I expect us to fully utilize the tons of space they leave behind and punish them very very badly. With that style, there is a huge difference with playing home, when you have the fans literally carrying you forward, and playing in a hostile environment, which our stadium can be at times. I would play either Dybala or Costa to move between the lines because that's what we were missing in Amsterdam. If we had that, we would have created several more dangerous opportunities. Say about Allegri what you want, but he exploits weaknesses of the opposition in the return very badly. I fully expect this to happen and win this tie by a 2/3 goal margin.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Costa is the best press breaker on the team. You can play him into space and he will outrun the defender. Or you can just give him the ball and he will dribble his opponent. After his first successful dribble, the whole Ajax team dropped way off the next time he had the ball. It buys time in possession because they are scared to jump in on him, so his teammates get a chance to come forward into play.
In Costa we trust

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Costa is the best press breaker on the team. You can play him into space and he will outrun the defender. Or you can just give him the ball and he will dribble his opponent. After his first successful dribble, the whole Ajax team dropped way off the next time he had the ball. It buys time in possession because they are scared to jump in on him, so his teammates get a chance to come forward into play.
Well said but only if Costa have his day.He knows to be inconsistent.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Lmao what? That’s a clear penalty. Brought him down, if he didn’t do that, Bentancur would probably have scored from there. Incredible how we didn’t get that penalty, even with VAR. We always get fucked in Europe by refs.
He could've given it and I don't think a lot of people would've complained but for me he just falls too late and awkward. Like he realized too late he won't get the ball and just fell down. It wasn't a strong pull and it wasn't a 'natural' fall.

I understand why they didn't give it. Every ref is different but in such a big game especially with VAR you want something really strong and conclusive to give a penalty. This wasn't it for me. I'd be very mad if they gave this against us.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
He could've given it and I don't think a lot of people would've complained but for me he just falls too late and awkward. Like he realized too late he won't get the ball and just fell down. It wasn't a strong pull and it wasn't a 'natural' fall.

I understand why they didn't give it. Every ref is different but in such a big game especially with VAR you want something really strong and conclusive to give a penalty. This wasn't it for me. I'd be very mad if they gave this against us.
Just like Salah tackle on Danilo pereira

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What does that have to do with anything?
This is the problem with var there are different rulings for similar game situation in the Porto vs Roma game a penalty was given against Roma for florenzi pull on Fernando but when similar foul happened against Bentancur no penalty is given

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
This is the problem with var there are different rulings for similar game situation in the Porto vs Roma game a penalty was given against Roma for florenzi pull on Fernando but when similar foul happened against Bentancur no penalty is given
The Florenzi one was very blatant. Pulling an arm way far from the defender. Tagliafico was very close to Bentancur and it can be considered a physical duel. There's no other way to interpret Florenzi's decision but as an illegal attempt to stop the opponent.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yup except for the 433.
if you are going in there with Max's game plan of not being particularly agressive and the style of play of "sit back and pick your moment" that we presented, it didn't need to be a 433, against a lightning quick team which thrives in midfield. His approach suited more a 532 or 442 so might as well play a formation which suits your game plan OR change your approach. To me 433 was wrong for the game plan he had.
532 would have pinned us back all game.
442 would have been completely shut down in the center

433 was the right gameplan. 3man mid that would disable ajax knifing through as easily. Fullbacks that made sure they couldnt be all offense cause pretty lethal when going forward (cancelo assisted). Berna that surged forward aswel along with cancelo, and manbro+ronaldo that won a ton of vertical balls

So the issue ?

The issue is that pjanic didnt play well and failed to combinate out of the ajax press. Several times he was too slow or caught in possession when ajax swarmed closely. Our defenders consistantly tried to combine through the press or longball it to the forwards, but pjanic really failed at the combination out of it.

Our gameplan with ajax high press was the fullbacks and wide forwards to be available to reach over the press, but either from a direct pass from a centreback or pjanic. Thing is berna had to be close to his marker and help deep, and it takes a while for cancelo or him or sandro or benta to move up.

Pjanic failed to make us keep possession long enough.

-> we started shooting long to ronaldo and mandzukic, but the midfield was quite deep so tricky to work from there
-> cancelo and benta at times tried to get forward. Cancelo was swarmed, Benta lost possession alot quickly cause sloppy ballcontroll

But we were doing okay'ish. Frustrating Ajax who barely got chances. THen Matuidi had to go off and we had no real replacement with Can out.

So he used Dybala, as D+P usually keep possession more and longer. That kinda worked to some extend but D was quite far off goal.

When we noticed that longballing didnt had the midfield catch up, he got Costa on and shifted the team allowing him to play higher.

We launched and launched costa and Ajax was insanely lucky that we didnt score one of those 3 massive chances. Cause this game would have ended 1-4 if we scored one and they had to take risks to equalise.

Nah. Allegri did well. But we SERIOUSLY need a copy of Can. This is why i believe adding Ramsey will do a huge deal to our team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)