Ciro Immobile (6 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
How much did we get for Immobile's half originally from Torino? Looks like about 3.5M from Genoa and then Torino bought his half from Genoa.

So we ended up getting 13M for Immobile in total.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I really hope he flops there, that our mgt evaluated correctly and decided to cash in, not expecting him to emulate last season's form. If that happens we'll be laughing our ass off. Yeah 22-23m would be closer to what I'd expect us to gain for Serie A top scorer, but also the fact that he's not owned entirely by us was one of the reasons that reduced his price. We'll see.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Immobile has had one good season in Serie A. Do you really expect to get more than (absolutely max) €22-23m for him? Not surprised by this at all. Infact, he would have been a bench player here and not the focal point, so this move makes sense for all three parties.
He would not have been a bench player.

It doesn't make sense for us. Torino had no chance in hell keeping a player like Ciro while Dortmund did well to get the best scorer in Serie A. The question is what did we get out of this? If you need money and want to cash in on a player, how about getting more than 9m?

Ciro had developed into a valuable asset both on the pitch but also in the books. For a team that screams "we're poor" whenever they can, this move makes no sense.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
He would not have been a bench player.

It doesn't make sense for us. Torino had no chance in hell keeping a player like Ciro while Dortmund did well to get the best scorer in Serie A. The question is what did we get out of this? If you need money and want to cash in on a player, how about getting more than 9m?

Ciro had developed into a valuable asset both on the pitch but also in the books. For a team that screams "we're poor" whenever they can, this move makes no sense.
Didn't Ciro say a trillion times that he doesn't want to come back. And after what we did with him I can't blame him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Didn't Ciro say a trillion times that he doesn't want to come back. And after what we did with him I can't blame him.
You mean give him a chance to play on another team?

If we didn't co-own him he would never see the field and we would never see any money.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
You mean give him a chance to play on another team?

If we didn't co-own him he would never see the field and we would never see any money.
I was talking about his little adventure where we loaned him out from one club to another. Maybe there was no other way to handle his career but I can understand if that left him frustrated.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
After all we had to make some sacrifice if Conte wanted the 433 switch. Better Immobile than Vidal or Pogba.

Sanchez :tuttosport:

If Pereyra comes we should wave goodbye to Padoin and Isla. If Morata comes say goodbye to Vucinic and Quag. Quite a lot of players to sell this summer.

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
immobile flopping at bvb would be conforting, but it would also be nice to see an Italian making a big name for himself abroad and in Europe, so many Europeans and premfaces don't take Italy or serie a seriously because the teams do poor in Europe and the Italian players all stay in serie a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)