Ciro Immobile (12 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And some wonder why some of us dislike co-ownerships and loans. The examples on how terrible these deals are endless.
Have never liked them. EVER.

People will always make excuses for them.

We never get them back. And when we can, they don't want to because they feel like Juventus didn't treat them well. Why would they want to come back when other clubs are interested and gave them opportunities?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
we're paying Torino 0,5m to get rid of Immobile?
We'll redeem Immobile from Torino for say 9-10m,which means he'll be fully owned by us.We'll then sell him to Dortmund for 19.5m euros which then can be reinvested into a new player.We should not look at how much we gain from the deal but how much we have in hand i.e 19.5m euros once he's sold to BVB.

Like somebody said,the difference between selling and not selling Immobile is 20m.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If it weren't for the co-ownership, he would have been rotting on our bench last season and we wouldn't be having this conversation :D
option to buy + option to buy back for fixed amounts can create situation similar to co-owns but with a lot more certainty. Juve had very little control over Immobile in this co-own situation imo. negotiations between 3 clubs over 1 player had made many transfers very difficult in the past few seasons.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We'll redeem Immobile from Torino for say 9-10m,which means he'll be fully owned by us.We'll then sell him to Dortmund for 19.5m euros which then can be reinvested into a new player.We should not look at how much we gain from the deal but how much we have in hand i.e 19.5m euros once he's sold to BVB.

Like somebody said,the difference between selling and not selling Immobile is 20m.
What? You make it sound like we're gaining 19.5mln from the transfer, which we aren't.

We can even take a bank loan to get 9mln, then buy him. After selling him we're gonna have 50% of that at our disposal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

19.5-9-10m = 9.5-10 to invest. Not that much. We could have sold Mirko and Quag to give us that, get their salaries off the books and keep Ciro as a fantastic squad player and use that money to invest in other ways.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
option to buy + option to buy back for fixed amounts can create situation similar to co-owns but with a lot more certainty. Juve had very little control over Immobile in this co-own situation imo. negotiations between 3 clubs over 1 player had made many transfers very difficult in the past few seasons.
:tup:

And that is why its getting abolished thankfully.It complicated transfer deals a bit too much.I'm sure there are ready solutions to tackle the absence of co-ownerships like the buyback clause you mentioned for example.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
19.5-9-10m = 9.5-10 to invest. Not that much. We could have sold Mirko and Quag to give us that, get their salaries off the books and keep Ciro as a fantastic squad player and use that money to invest in other ways.
In like 2-3 installments for a lowass fee.Dortmund on the other hand i believe are ready to pay this fee in a single installment which makes a difference,its all about dat liquid cash so i could see why we could be pushing for this deal.

But what do i know,this is how i interpreted it.All a speculation ofcourse.Hardly anything to do with math calculations mate.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Except Immobile wouldn't want to be a squad player. He's getting into his prime and he knows he ain't gonna bench Tevez or Llorente. Plus we insult Napoli, which apparently he doesn't like.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Except Immobile wouldn't want to be a squad player. He's getting into his prime and he knows he ain't gonna bench Tevez or Llorente. Plus we insult Napoli, which apparently he doesn't like.
And how do we know he wouldn't have benched Llorente? I mean if we want to get back to the pre 2006 level when players like Llorente sat the bench.

Is it that far-fetched?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
And how do we know he wouldn't have benched Llorente? I mean if we want to get back to the pre 2006 level when players like Llorente sat the bench.

Is it that far-fetched?
We are not talking about the future, we are talking about the present. Right now Tevez and Llorente are our starters. That may or may not change in the future. However if we goes to BvB he walks into their starting lineup. We can't guarantee him a spot in the starting 11, they can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)