Ciro Immobile (327 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Have ya'll seen his goals this season? He's so impressive, a real Inzaghi or Trez type of finisher. He finishes with both feet, headers and his finishes are impressive and no flukes either. 18 goals and no penalties. Already 50% owned, homegrown. Get him back. Could be the next big Italian striker.

Ironically he has the exact same career path as Inzaghi so far. Pippo was scoring big in Serie B with Piacenza just like Ciro with Pescara, was bought to Parma and had a bad first season in Serie A just like Ciro had with Genoa only to be signed by Atalanta and explode with 25 goals before being signed by us at 24 years old. Exactly the same age Immobile just turned.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sorry guys. Maybe you can, but I just can't see Immobile in a Juventus jersey lifting our first Champions League trophy in 20 years.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Have only seen 6 or 7 Torino games fully but I watch the crappy Serie A review show on BT sport and I've seen most/all of his goals. He has great instinct. And I like his movement. Something we lack a lot is a forward running in behind the defence. Tevez often drops deep and chases the ball. Llorente is static and presenting himself as a target. Immobile would give us another dimension imo

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Tevez, Llorente and Immobile. 3 good strikers right there. Especially with Vucinic and Quag leaving. Doesn't make any sense selling him and then filling the squad with 2 or 3 new names.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Tevez, Llorente, Immobile, Giovinco would be good enough. Maybe a 5th choice emergency striker that's absolutely dirt cheap.

We could probably land Ciro for around 10M or maybe even less. Torino can't financially outmuscle a dead rat nevermind Juventus. Immobile would push for the move too I would imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Any goal starts with the ambition required to achieve it.
wat

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Man he can score. Thats all u need to know.

Its time that we lower a little our Cavani standards, and start developing young prospects like any emerging team would do.

I dont see anything wrong with giving him chance. Seriously. The guy is scoring left and right...and if he can do it in torino , for sure he can do it here with proper support

- - - Updated - - -

Tevez, Llorente, Immobile, Giovinco would be good enough. Maybe a 5th choice emergency striker that's absolutely dirt cheap.

We could probably land Ciro for around 10M or maybe even less. Torino can't financially outmuscle a dead rat nevermind Juventus. Immobile would push for the move too I would imagine.

Right now INmobile is saying that he wants to stay in Torino... but we all know this are diplomatic games. Once the shid goes real and Marotta start knocking at his door, things will change.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not Ciro's ambition, the club's ambition.
And how exactly do you know if Ciro is good enough or not? All the greats, especially young Italian strikers were in Immobile's situation. Inzaghi, Vieri were all scoring big in smaller teams. Imagine if Ciro was dutch or argentinian and playing for Napoli instead and didn't have a past with us. We'd be all over that willing to pay 20m+.

Even if he turns into a new Gilardino instead of new Inzaghi, that isn't bad at all. Just last year we were after Gilardino's corps.

Those goalscorers are a special kind of breed, when they finally figure out how they score then they'll keep it for the rest of their careers.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Agreed. Change his name to Immobilinho, put him in Fiorentina and we'd be in the wishlish thread right now, moaning about how we could never afford him and how a big EPL club will probably take him away.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juventino[RUS];4503153 said:
Tevez, Llorente, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah, Lichsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Buffon, Marchisio, Agnelli, Conte, Marotta, fans doesn't have ambitions to win CL or what? What the fuck you are talking about?
I'm talking about my previous post that you quoted that started this mini-discussion:

Sorry guys. Maybe you can, but I just can't see Immobile in a Juventus jersey lifting our first Champions League trophy in 20 years.
Or have you already forgotten?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And how exactly do you know if Ciro is good enough or not? All the greats, especially young Italian strikers were in Immobile's situation. Inzaghi, Vieri were all scoring big in smaller teams. Imagine if Ciro was dutch or argentinian and playing for Napoli instead and didn't have a past with us. We'd be all over that willing to pay 20m+.

Even if he turns into a new Gilardino instead of new Inzaghi, that isn't bad at all. Just last year we were after Gilardino's corps.

Those goalscorers are a special kind of breed, when they finally figure out how they score then they'll keep it for the rest of their careers.
Problem is that people are saying the same things, if not moreso (just less lately since he's gone more quiet), about Berardi.

There's a magical thinking infection that afflicts many people about the potential of young players. People get caught up in fantasies about the potential of young boys. So much so, they tend to ignore all the other statistics and historical precedent that might suggest overwhelming evidence to reason and temper their expectations.

People want to believe the fantasy.

Research on human psychology and economics have proven that people place an inordinately higher value on the things they own (houses -- e.g., "no way, my house is worth $200k more than its appraisal value!", cars, etc.) but an inordinately lower valuation on the things they don't own but could purchase (a neighbor's house -- e.g., "that house ain't worth that $1 million asking price, no way!", cars, etc.)

Thus I'd tell you that the last people who could put an appropriate value on a budding player talent is the team that owns them -- or at least half of them. The forums here are overwrought with Giovinco-level hype (and beyond) about any youth player Juve is affiliated with across the board.

You cannot deny that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 327)