Ciro Immobile (19 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Trying to chip Neuer who's 6'5 and standing on his line :lol: :lol:

This ain't Agazzi son.

To be fair some of his general play was decent, looked clueless at times as well though.

Would most definitely flop in our system. Well, under Conte anyway.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ve always had high hopes on Immobile and considered him as one of our greatest hopes for the future.
The fact that we prefer Italians is known and we also pay more cash for an Italian player we are interested, than a foreigner of equal or better value.
Also the fact that finisher become the most expensive players is also known, for various reasons, making the difference, creating spectacle, being fan favorites, being more rare than the endless options of SSs and attacking midfielders.
Also, in the past years, there was a concerning lack of talent if the finisher spot in Italian talents and the NT and Italian coaches made the compromise in using SSs as such.

But when the tactical need of a team requires a finisher.
When that team is Juventus, which is widely known for being an overspender, esp for Italian talent.
This is when we could be robbed in the transfer market the most, or live with compromises like Borriellos and Osvaldos up untill a Llorente happens to become a free agent...
Thats why it was impretative not to let this player go!!!
When Real will exersise thei buy back clause on Morata and Immobile will be the top scorer in the Italian team, we will spend 20-25 mil for a new Amauri-Matri
and the same posters that taunt him now, will be praising Immobile, but he will unreachable like Cavani, Ballotelli and Falcao...

- - - Updated - - -

Conte wanted Immobile back

The prolific attacker claims the new Italy boss was keen to take him back to Turin before he joined Borussia Dortmund and the 45-year-old stepped down

Borussia Dortmund striker Ciro Immobile has revealed that Antonio Conte was keen to bring him back to Juventus this summer, but the Serie A champions' hierarchy eventually opted to cash in on the Italy international.

The 24-year-old, who was co-owned by Torino and Juventus, impressed for the former in 2013-14 as he netted 22 goals to win the Serie A top-scorer title and Conte was keen to work with the striker at the Italian champions on a permanent basis.

However, Juventus opted to sell their part of Immobile's economic rights to Dortmund rather than purchase him outright, allowing the striker to move to Germany before Conte ultimately stepped down as coach amid reports of a disagreement over transfer policy.

"I spoke with Conte and he wanted to take me back to Juventus," Immobile was quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

"However, Juventus then reached an agreement with Borussia Dortmund. In the end, they were the ones who made the final decision."

The striker went on to stress that he has adjusted to life at the Bundesliga giants quickly and says he enjoy working under coach Jurgen Klopp.

"I have settled in very well at Dortmund. Klopp really likes the way I pay and fight for every ball. He sees me as a true warrior.

"Klopp is a coach with a lot of charisma."

I wonder whom do they mean by the "Juventus hierarchy", those are the ones who must take credit if we win the CL, or step down, if we lose the championship...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)