Ciro Immobile (8 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Of course. Now I admit I'm not exactly the most tactically astute, but don't both Dortmund and Torino play a similar counter-attacking style?
To me Torino plays more of a traditional Italian countering style where they sit way back and they spring long balls or have loads of space to run with the ball. Dortmund counters after they press and win the ball but it requires technical skill once they win the ball because they're operating in tight spaces at high speeds since they're winning it higher up the pitch. Where as Torino will have loads of space since they're winning the ball deeper in their own half and have more of the pitch to work with going forward.

Dortmund will push 5 or 6 players at a time into one small area to win the ball. When they win it, it requires alot of quick one touch passes to get out of that space and counter. Also, for Dortmund the striker is not necessarily the focal point of the attack like at Torino. Lots of times Lewandowski will make off-ball runs that drag defenders and open lanes for Reus, Kuba, and the other attackers. Immobile is more used to making runs to score goals. But I guess Dortmund figures that he has the attacking work rate to adapt to their style.

I guess to make it simpler:

When both teams counter, Torino will make 1 or 3 passes and have a shot at goal. Dortmund could make many more than that in just about the same time. So it requires a bit more technical skill from the striker.

Jul 20, 2012
'Ciro didn’t move for money’

Ciro Immobile’s agent insists his client has not chosen to move to Borussia Dortmund for the money.

The 24-year-old finished the Serie A season with the Capocanniere award, having scored 22 goals for Torino and having helped the Granata reach the Europa League.

He has now however completed his move to the German giants but, speaking to Radio Crc, Marco Sommella said the forward’s decision to go abroad had nothing to do with wage demands.

“Yesterday Ciro Immobile spoke to the Borussia Dortmund Coach,” Sommella said. “We knew it was Klopp who had chosen to sign him.

“He was very nice and I think yesterday was a day Ciro will remember for the rest of his life.

“Signing for a club like this is a source of pride and as well as the great number of personalities [at the club], there is also great humanity.

“Ciro deserves this achievement. There were other solutions that were better for Ciro Immobile from an economic point of view, but at Dortmund he will have the guarantee of being a starter and showing all of his qualities.

“If he gets to play for Real Madrid it will be because he will have scored 70 goals in the next three years at Borussia.

“We must take it step by step. Once the dust has settled he will have the chance to play, but then it will be up to Ciro to show he deserves to be starting.”
Sounds like when Isla first came here

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
In the Italian interview the agent says that he didn't go to Napoli cause of the 'fear' of being Higuain's reserve. The agent also said that Conte knows the player very well and most probably didn't want him because he does not suit his style of play

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
In the Italian interview the agent says that he didn't go to Napoli cause of the 'fear' of being Higuain's reserve. The agent also said that Conte knows the player very well and most probably didn't want him because he does not suit his style of play
I can live with that and to a certain degree i agree with that, but seriously... there was no excuse to sell him for that stupidly low value. In fact has marotta actually made a profit from sales since he's been in charge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)